PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can Pats Colts game move to sunday night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slash83

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
or is it still to early in the year?

Flexible Scheduling

Allows teams to play their way onto the Sunday night schedule

Last season, the NFL implemented for the first time in its history a primetime "flexible scheduling" element on Sundays in Weeks 10-15 and in Week 17.

Flexible scheduling ensured quality matchups on Sunday night in those weeks and gave surprise teams a chance to play their way onto primetime.

The 2007 NFL schedule will again utilize flexible scheduling in Weeks 11-17. The NBC Sunday night time slot for "flex" weeks will list the game tentatively scheduled for Sunday night.

Only Sunday afternoon games are eligible to be moved to Sunday night, in which case the tentatively scheduled Sunday night game will be moved to an afternoon start time. Flexible scheduling will not be applied to games airing on Thursday, Saturday or Monday nights.

I think that answered the question. Apparently NO.

But I bet there are some TV network execs who will give Goodelll BJs for the right to move it up....

I hope not. I have an early flight out of Indy back to California the next morning.

As others stated, no. The general consensus was that the league made sure that CBS gets it as a Sunday day because every year they lose this game to primetime, but CBS pays for the AFC package and never gets the biggest AFC game every year.

As others stated, no. The general consensus was that the league made sure that CBS gets it as a Sunday day because every year they lose this game to primetime, but CBS pays for the AFC package and never gets the biggest AFC game every year.

Yep. CBS pays $3.7 billion a year for its package, while NBC pays only $650 million a year for their's. This gives CBS the upper hand in negotiating who gets the big AFC games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST