PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Calling Jets Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you are being a detriment to your team by starting inferior players.

How can you classify a player as superior if he's at home pouting about his contract vs. those busting their butts in camp?

Revis is one of the hardest workers on the team and there is no doubt in my mind he isnt sitting on the couch at home, hes out training and working on his craft.

Hard to "work on your craft" without your teammates around you. Not to mention having no clue what new schemes the coaches may have wanted to add this year. (After all, why change what worked so well last year? It's not like opposing coaches can watch last season's film and come up with ways to scheme against the Jest's D)

Also, if Rex admits Revis holding out is detrimental to the team do you really think that changes what Revis does? Isn't it worse for the pysche of the team thinking that their hard work in pratice is all for naught since Revis isn't around?

Jabba Wrecks gave Revis a "Get out of Jail Free Card" by announcing to the national media that Revis can wait out all of training camp and still start. Inspired leadership there.

I have no real problem with what Ryan says and while you guys do raise a point I think you are just going overboard with it out of Jet hate.

I don't believe there's any hate here for the Jests. When they become relevant then they may deserve some hate, but not now.

Heres what Rex said today:

As for day two of the Revis holdout Ryan discussed how the Darrelle Revis situation is being handled within the team. “We admit that if Darrelle is not here it’s going to be difficult,” he said. “But by no means does that mean we’re not going to get it done. We’re still going to get it done. We gotta keep our eyes on the prize. We’ve got to hit the practice field with purpose every day.”

Are you sure he didn't say...." Hey AlCROtraz, pass me another piece 'o pizza. Anyone seen Darrell?"

I thinks this splits the argument were having down the middle, not sure how you can really hate on these comments

Don't confuse Pats fan's laughter from all things Jests as hate. As always, it's the highest form of entertainment in the slow off-season. The real fun starts after 3-4 games into the season when the Green Beans crash and burn as usual.

Last edited:
You were? :rofl:

Priceless typo.

Nah, it was an unintentional Freudian Slip ;)

Gunnails, you know you are beloved here so don't take this thread to heart- it was really meant for the other Jesters not you :cool:

You were? :rofl:

Priceless typo.

Can you buy an apostrophe?.....lets go to the tape of Bill Belichick's incisive breakdown of Vanna White's rookie season.

Here he goes again. Rex is the gift that keeps on giving. BTW, still no contact 24 hours after Woody prostrated himself and offered to go to Revis home and help broker a compromise deal that Revis wants no part of...

And this...his anti-Belichick approach...

He will eventually find out that players come to resent being reminded of their deficiencies in comparison to the uber talent no show...and often end up seeing themselves as mere place holders...fully expecting to be tossed aside no matter what they do once the chosen one returns. That is why Bill never mentions the players who aren't in camp or holding out...he wants the guys who replace them to believe they actually can...

Rex Ryan acknowledges that Sean Gilbert has played role in Revis holdout

like i said we dont know anything...just like you didnt know until now that the Jets GM talk to Revis and his people at 11pm last night...
i think you guys are putting too much into it and talking about issues you have no knowledge of(like when they talked and about what)

Last edited:
like i said we dont know anything...just like you didnt know until now that the Jets GM talk to Revis and his people at 11pm last night...
i think you guys are putting too much into it and talking about issues you have no knowledge of(like when they talked and about what)

Seriously, what does that mean? Rich Cimini reported this and substance of the conversation is unknown. For all we know, the negotiations are no further than they were before that call. In fact, there is a possibility that Revis' camp could even be more entrenched into the hold out. You hope that conversation was the beginning of an end of the Revis hold out, but it could have done nothing to get the two sides closer.

From Cimini's article:

On Monday night, general manager Mike Tannenbaum spoke with Revis' agent, Neil Schwartz. Schwartz told The Associated Press that Tannenbaum called him "extremely late" Monday night. Schwartz would not discuss the conversation.

It was an attempt by the Jets to facilitate negotiations. The two sides are trying to negotiate a new contract for the All-Pro cornerback, but they're so far apart that Revis failed to report to training camp.

2010 NFL training camps: Darrelle Revis not in New York Jets camp, Rex Ryan says nothing new - ESPN New York

I see no indications that the sides are any closer after that call than they were yesterday at this time.

Seriously, what does that mean? Rich Cimini reported this and substance of the conversation is unknown. For all we know, the negotiations are no further than they were before that call. In fact, there is a possibility that Revis' camp could even be more entrenched into the hold out. You hope that conversation was the beginning of an end of the Revis hold out, but it could have done nothing to get the two sides closer.

From Cimini's article:

2010 NFL training camps: Darrelle Revis not in New York Jets camp, Rex Ryan says nothing new - ESPN New York

I see no indications that the sides are any closer after that call than they were yesterday at this time.

Without knowing how the discussion went, we can't take much from it. But the fact that the Jets made the call at all--at that time of night--is at least a little telling in its own right. Definitely doesn't support the idea that they're willing to freeze him out and wait for him to come around. Seems from my perspective like they've already blinked first.

Last edited:
Without knowing how the discussion went, we can't take anything from it, but the fact that the Jets made the call at all, at that time of night, is kinda telling in its own right. So much for 'freeze him out and wait for him to come around'.

Yeah, we have no idea what was said. They could be closer to at least a short term deal to get him in camp, no closer to a deal, or Revis could be even more insulted and more resolute to hold out.

I never believed the Jets would not reach out to Revis. They want to win this year and without Revis, that is far less likely. The problem is they cannot give Revis what he wants. So they are probably looking to figure out a way to appease him short term. What is working against the Jets is their history with players like Leon Washington, Pete Kendall, Laveranues Coles, and Chris Baker all of whom claimed the Jets promised long term money for short term compromises but renegged on that promise.

Yeah, we have no idea what was said. They could be closer to at least a short term deal to get him in camp, no closer to a deal, or Revis could be even more insulted and more resolute to hold out.

I never believed the Jets would not reach out to Revis. They want to win this year and without Revis, that is far less likely. The problem is they cannot give Revis what he wants. So they are probably looking to figure out a way to appease him short term. What is working against the Jets is their history with players like Leon Washington, Pete Kendall, Laveranues Coles, and Chris Baker all of whom claimed the Jets promised long term money for short term compromises but renegged on that promise.

Yeah, I don't think any rational person thought the Jets were going to freeze Revis out in the first place, so the only conclusion that you could take from the very existence of the call is pretty much irrelevant.

The thing about Washington, though, is that the Jets did offer him long-term money, but he just thought that he could get more on the open market. So he made the decision to play out his last year to make it to the open market, and the worst case scenario for him played out. It sucks, for sure, but I'm not quite sure how that one can be pinned on the Jets. I would be like Mankins showing up and signing the one-year tender then being mad when he gets injured, conveniently ignoring that the Patriots offered him a long-term contract that he chose not to sign.

Bottom line, when a player says a FO lied to him, we have no way of knowing if that's a legit claim or if he's stretching credibility. Again, Mankins has insinuated that the Pats lied to him, but what does that mean? Did they say that they'd take care of him and make a fair offer, and he doesn't feel that the offer that he got (which was more than fair, IMO) was fair? Without knowing the specifics of the promises made, we can't tell if the Jets actually lied to those guys, although having so many players allege it definitely hurts their case. And independently of whether or not it's true, having that perception out there can't help negotiations with Revis.

Last edited:

From Cimini's article:

i dont know what was said and have no idea if they closer to reach an agreement

i just wanted to point out that unlike what one poster said there is contact between the Jets and Revis agent and not to make more of the situation then what it should be(which is a regular contract dispute between a player and a team,not an epic fight between good and evil)

not to make more of the situation then what it should be(which is a regular contract dispute between a player and a team,not an epic fight between good and evil)
Agree that there is no good in the struggle between Revis and Jests FO. Or evil. More like a battle between greed and stupidity.

I think it may be a while before Blubbergut yells from the rooftops that one of his players is the best in the NFL. Hopefully he can learn from a stupid mistake.

No hope for Revis. When a guy needs to make one dollar more than everyone else, he is in a no win situation, always seeking financial "proof" of his worth.

In all my years I've NEVER seen a Patriots board spend so much time talking about the Jets. I wonder why :).

(Queue the "We're not worried about the Jets" responses).

As for Revis? He deserves a top contract, not an idiotic one. We're not the Raiders and Al Davis doesn't set the bar for the rest of us. I'm with the Jets on this one. As for it being the end for the Jets! Come on Pats fans. For those of you with your heads in the clouds, get a clue. Number one defenses are never the result of ONE guy.

This thread will join the Jets Suck thread in the VLR for you dancing pleasure.:D

In all my years I've NEVER seen a Patriots board spend so much time talking about the Jets. I wonder why :).

(Queue the "We're not worried about the Jets" responses).

As for Revis? He deserves a top contract, not an idiotic one. We're not the Raiders and Al Davis doesn't set the bar for the rest of us. I'm with the Jets on this one. As for it being the end for the Jets! Come on Pats fans. For those of you with your heads in the clouds, get a clue. Number one defenses are never the result of ONE guy.

In all my years I've NEVER seen Jets fans spend so much time on a Patriots forum. I wonder why :).

(Que the "We're not worried about the Pats" responses).

As for the rest of your post, your defense was ABSOLUTELY the result of Revis.

obviously by my screen name im a jets fan...just looking to chime in where necessary for some good football and smack talk

In all my years I've NEVER seen Jets fans spend so much time on a Patriots forum. I wonder why :).

(Que the "We're not worried about the Pats" responses).

As for the rest of your post, your defense was ABSOLUTELY the result of Revis.

we visit for the humor and wit

You called on the Jets fans to come out of the woodwork. Now where are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back