PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

But It's Not Mac's Fault....

31 teams had a shot to take Brady (and Zappe for that matter) and they all passed. And there are some QB hungry teams out there.
Patriots had a shot to draft a real QB like Sam Howell in the 4th round and they decided a noodle arm smurf from a minor conference was a better idea. Who knows why but based on what they saw on Sunday I bet they'd like to have that one back. Can't blame them.

He’s weak armed. Can’t do much about that. But his mechanics, esp throwing off his back foot, have regressed mightily.
Totally agree that he's very hard to watch and his mechanics are messed up but again the question is - why? That's not something another team does to a QB by watching them on tape. The simplest answer is the coaching has sucked during his time here and it's probably the correct one.

It is funny. If this was say the Jets, we would all be laughing at how the Jets ruined Mac. Three coordinators in three years with one of them being a defensive minded coach. No one there to really develop him after year one. A crap o-line. No receivers.

But many of the same people who would have mocked the Jets like this, are putting all the blame on Mac.

Mac isn't just a victim here. He has regressed and his fundamentals have gone to crap and a lot of that is on him. But the Patriots have followed the playbook to a T on how to ruin a young QB.

It is funny. If this was say the Jets, we would all be laughing at how the Jets ruined Mac. Three coordinators in three years with one of them being a defensive minded coach. No one there to really develop him after year one. A crap o-line. No receivers.

But many of the same people who would have mocked the Jets like this, are putting all the blame on Mac.

Mac isn't just a victim here. He has regressed and his fundamentals have gone to crap and a lot of that is on him. But the Patriots have followed the playbook to a T on how to ruin a young QB.
If his fundamentals have gone to crap that's not only on him that's also on the coaching. They must have seen it in camp and practice and they let it happen. I really think last year's Patricia/Judge fiasco probably made his development go sideways.

Patriots fans weren't mocking the Jets for ruining Sam Darnold, they were mocking the Jets for having Sam Darnold (who sucked) as their QB. If Mac played for the Jets all this fanbases would talk about is how terrible he is.

Patriots fans weren't mocking the Jets for ruining Sam Darnold, they were mocking the Jets for having Sam Darnold (who sucked) as their QB. If Mac played for the Jets all this fanbases would talk about is how terrible he is.
Blasphemy Patriots Homers and they know who they are are not Hypocrites. :rolleyes:
Im Not No Way GIF

@Wozzy I'm surprised you are blaming Mac at all though. Usually you always defend QBs no matter what and put responsibility on everyone else. In fact I could have sworn you were defending Mac.
Lol I don't know where the switch flipped but Mac peed in Wozzy's Cheerios one morning and Woozy has been out for blood since.

You've literally had to change your name from ZBellino, to Crawhammer to Keyser Size because of all the silly things you've said in the past... sounds legit.

Mac is really good, I'm wrong. Sound accurate?
Hey genius, I joined this site in 2009. You are truly skilled at making one dumb post after another.

I see some are still smoking the Zappe pipe. lol. lol.
It's more of a what's in door number 3 (with a full week of starters reps and game planning catered to his strengths per MCassel's explanation of prepping as a backup vs as a starter). I mean obv Zap looked like crap in his 2 appearances in mop up duty, but there's just that curiosity. That being said, I'm sure BB doesn't want to go that route as 1) Mac has these brief moments of great play (that bomb to Reagor was perfect), and 2) doesn't want to get into a divided locker room like last year where some want either QB to start (although the locker room looks pretty lost now anyway). In retrospect, I wonder if BB would've ever switched to TB12 if Bledsoe didn't get injured.

We've had back and forths regarding Stiddy a couple of years ago, and you were clearly correct in that assessment, so it's the main reason why I don't really push it.

Geno Smith says hello. The Jets ruined him. The Seahawks fixed him.

But people did say that about Darnold. And people said that about Sanchez. And people even said that about Wilson. Especially Wilson because a lot of his issues could have been coached out of him with a good coach and he has the physical talents to be elite if he was a smarter QB.

But people also said they sucked.

This is exactly where I am with Mac. He isn't a good QB and will never likely be one but I thought he had an Andy Dalton like ceiling. If they put some players around Mac he could lead the team to the postseason. Never really win anything but still steer the ship enough to get you there. Instead he's looked like one of the worst day one starters in the league and holds the worst record in the conference.

If his fundamentals have gone to crap that's not only on him that's also on the coaching. They must have seen it in camp and practice and they let it happen. I really think last year's Patricia/Judge fiasco probably made his development go sideways.

It is funny that a lot of his strengths in college and his first year are weaknesses like his pocket presence .

This is exactly where I am with Mac. He isn't a good QB and will never likely be one but I thought he had an Andy Dalton like ceiling. If they put some players around Mac he could lead the team to the postseason. Never really win anything but still steer the ship enough to get you there. Instead he's looked like one of the worst day one starters in the league and holds the worst record in the conference.
Looked like the worse or is?? That shouldn't be too confusing.

Not even Brady could elevate his WRs in 2019 because they were hot garbage. He almost lost his mind during that season because of how useless they were. Mac might not be the guy, but saying everything around him is good enough is beyond dumb.

It is funny that a lot of his strengths in college and his first year are weaknesses like his pocket presence and his ability to make quick reads.
Mac was throwing those Floaters to wide open NFL Talent WR's and Jag CB's who wasn't going to play on the next level. Mac hoodwinked the Patriots he's not a NFL QB. BB Drafted a Danny Wuerffel or Woeful in the First Round in Mac. Yeah I go that far back this old fart.

At athis point Bill sucks more than Mac with his rigid views and coaching. Bill is a bigger problem than Mac and needs to be let go.

Bill has a generation gap with millennials and the next gen of millennials . His my way or hig way is not going to fly when you are not winning and you don't have Brady. Who are the leaders the younger ones are going to emulate ?? Slater...??

There is not a single long time leader in team outside of Andrews who is also on the wane. Bill benching Boutte and JC and Jack Jones to prove a point at Cost of losing needs to stop.

If Bill were a stickler to hand out punishments and timeouts for every single error by player then what do do we do with bill for the majority of drafts last year, signing retreads as Olinemen in off-season this year and majorly screwing up Mac's development last year by getting Patricia. He should have self resigned at end of season last year. Sadly he is not holding himself to the high standards he set for his players and signed a lucrative contract this off-season. That's double standards. Spending inordinate draft capital on defense because your son's need to look good needs to stop as well.

I think I am done with Bill as well . Time to move on . Kraft don't be penny wise and poubd foolish. Cut ties and get Ben Johnson here . We might not go I to Superbowl immediately but at least we might get to the path of becoming a modern team.

bill way worked as long as he had Brady and few of faithfuls . With the departure of those , sadly bill is super normal or below average.

Patriots had a shot to draft a real QB like Sam Howell in the 4th round and they decided a noodle arm smurf from a minor conference was a better idea. Who knows why but based on what they saw on Sunday I bet they'd like to have that one back. Can't blame them.
They passed on Purdy too I am telling you Articulate Interviews just blows BB away.:mad: BB have Drafted a Debating Society Team no wonder those players are no longer in the NFL. :rolleyes:

They passed on Purdy too I am telling you Articulate Interviews just blows BB away.:mad: BB have Drafted a Debating Society Team no wonder those players are no longer in the NFL. :rolleyes:

Belichick drafted Richards in the 2nd round because of his intelligence. Didn’t matter he didn’t have athleticism or any football IQ. Still the worst draft pick I’ve ever seen since he was projected to go 3-4 rounds later.

How Many WRs and TEs have we acquired the last 3 years?

Have any of them performed better here than previously?

How much worse have most of them performed?

Have the ones that left played better after leaving here?

Whatever your opinion of these players when we signed them pretty much all of them were starters before they got here.

I would say Henry and Bourne have been about the same everyone else has been worse.

I let you guys decide how you want to interpret this.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back