PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bulletin Board Material: Dilfer goes too far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for verifying that you were trolling by following up with this post.

Once again you declare yourself right without any substance, you can argue those are good teams if you want but i'm not buying it. NO is a good team, the others aren't.

I realize you hold your own opinion in extremely high regard but many of us don't share that view.

Thank you for verifying that you were trolling by following up with this post.

I think it's hilarious that you can rip on the Patriots constantly but want to declare the Bears a good team, and act like beating them with Cutler is some great achievement.

I'm sure you think the SeaHawks are awesome as well.

I don't get why a jouneyman Q.B. who happened to be on a S.B. team that essentially won the game with it's defense is in any way an expert and yet he gets to pontificate in order to continue making a living. The guy should be selling insurance.

Dilfer is a little harsh, but you have to admit that what we are doing is a little bit of an odd way to win championships in the NFL.

I have blasted the focus on yardage allowed, but if you put anything to it at all, the following four teams are a rather strange combination. These are the 4 worst defenses of all time, in yards allowed:

1982 Baltimore Colts (2-14)
2008 Detriot lions (0-16)
2011 New England Patriots (13-3)
2011 Green Bay Packers (15-1)

What is also quite odd is that people don't say much about the Packers being in the same boat as the Patriots.

I agree with him. For a #1 seed, we seem to have a glaring weakness in the secondary. Of course, with Chung back and the latest scramble lineup maybe we fix it in time, I wouldn't be surprised. Maybe some people here think we can spot top teams three touchdowns every game, i don't.

I do think the rest of our defense has taken a bad rap, our front seven is talented and deep and has played well together. Still, without a functioning secondary we're not going anywhere and commentators are supposed to report what they see.

LOL! Dane Fletcher looked amazing last Sunday! LOL!

These are the 4 worst defenses of all time, in yards allowed:

2008 Detroit lions (0-16)

Great chart!

What do Bill Belichick and Ted Thompson/Mike McCarthy understand that the rest of the NFL GM/head coaches are missing?

They understand that when you have an elite QB, you invest in offensive linemen and unique skill players to maximize their talents. The defense is priority #2.

If either had a crappy QB, they'd invest in defense and try to win that way. The cap forces everybody to prioritize, but not as much as a talent like Brady, Rodgers, Brees or Manning.

Last edited:
Dilfer is a little harsh, but you have to admit that what we are doing is a little bit of an odd way to win championships in the NFL.

I have blasted the focus on yardage allowed, but if you put anything to it at all, the following four teams are a rather strange combination. These are the 4 worst defenses of all time, in yards allowed:

2008 Detriot lions (0-16)

What is also quite odd is that people don't say much about the Packers being in the same boat as the Patriots.

That's because it doesn't fit their argument that the Patriots have no chance because their defense sucks, ignoring that they lead the AFC in takeaways, are in the middle of the league in points allowed and instead point solely to passing yards as their criteria.

Every time it is pointed out that the pack are in the same booat the haters stick their fingers in their ears and go na na na na na na na until they think it has stopped.

imo what this is really about is that their is a contingent of patriot fans who are spoiled rotten and want desperately to be right that the Patriots suck and can't win in the play-offs, so they keep saying they can't win so that if they lose they can say 'TOLD YOU SO....." It is a really lame and tired act imo.

I'm not sure how much bulletin board material this will provide. While anyone in the playoffs can win, most recently NY Giants and GB, I do feel like we are a long shot to win the SB. Hopefully we can win our first playoff game and then see what happens.

I think it's hilarious that you can rip on the Patriots constantly but want to declare the Bears a good team, and act like beating them with Cutler is some great achievement.

I'm sure you think the SeaHawks are awesome as well.

1.) I don't rip on the Patriots constantly, but I try to analyze objectively. You should give that a shot.

2.) The Bears were 7-3 before Cutler went down.

1.) I don't rip on the Patriots constantly, but I try to analyze objectively. You should give that a shot.

2.) The Bears were 7-3 before Cutler went down.

Feel free to find something I am not being objective about, but back it with substance, your "because I say so" arguments are worthless.

The Bears beat 1 mediocre Atlanta team and lost to every good team they faced in that stretch, they are weak team and most know that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News