PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Buffalo cut Jeff Posey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scouts, Inc. truncated report:

"Tall with wide wingspan...good bulk and frame...best at LOS, with size to hold run at POA, but needs to play with better leverage...is mobile with decent quickness for a POA LB...better coming upfield than turning and running...will break down and wrap up in space...good anticipation and initial quickness...instinctive as pass rusher...good timing and long arms for batting down passes...has lost a step in the last few years and is not a very good overall athelete...long-legged with stiff hips...struggles to turn and run with TEs in coverage...lacks instincts and experience in coverage."

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:
I'm not saying tha Posey or Dez White wouldn't be good additions.

I just don't know why we get so excited about every guy tha gets cut from another team. We will be seeing a lot of this over the next four weeks.

I like both of those guys but it does send up a red flag that they are being released early in the preseason.

Why do we get so excited? Because Don Davis, Larry Izzo, John Stone and Zuriel Smith are still on this roster, that's why.

captain stone said:
Why do we get so excited? Because Don Davis, Larry Izzo, John Stone and Zuriel Smith are still on this roster, that's why.
You might as well be excited that Freddie Mitchell is available. At least he playes the same position as two of those four. Can't see how signing Posey could affect Davis, Izzo, Stone or Smith. He isn't about to replace what any of them do.

p.s. I was joking about Mitchell. I mean, he is available, but please don't get excited about him.

spacecrime said:
You might as well be excited that Freddie Mitchell is available. At least he playes the same position as two of those four. Can't see how signing Posey could affect Davis, Izzo, Stone or Smith. He isn't about to replace what any of them do.

p.s. I was joking about Mitchell. I mean, he is available, but please don't get excited about him.

It is true that Posey is an OLB, while Izzo and Davis are allegedly ILBs.
Perhaps a better reason to bring him in, then, would be to push TBC, either to a higher level, or out the door.

Sounds like a good idea to me. Given the ILB situation, Vrabel likely appears headed inside at least on a part-time basis. My impression is Posey is a classic 3-4 OLB.

PATSNUTme said:
I'm not saying tha Posey or Dez White wouldn't be good additions.

I just don't know why we get so excited about every guy tha gets cut from another team. We will be seeing a lot of this over the next four weeks.

I like both of those guys but it does send up a red flag that they are being released early in the preseason.

No June cuts cause of the cap increase, if he's a good guy they want to give him a chance to hook up somewhere.

The young replacement played great when Spikes was out and is smaller and faster. He's a better fit for the new system.

They were going to use Posey as a rushing DE, but decided to just save money.

captain stone said:
It is true that Posey is an OLB, while Izzo and Davis are allegedly ILBs.
Davis and Izzo are STers. Davis plays some safety, so LB in weird passing situations.

Posey may or may not be worth signing if there is a chance he'll make the 53. Ortherwise we're just cutting a prospect for nothing. I have no idea how this guy wokuld fit into the Pats defense, but I suspect that BB/SP do and will or will not sign him based on that.

FourInSixYears said:
Sounds like a good idea to me. Given the ILB situation, Vrabel likely appears headed inside at least on a part-time basis. My impression is Posey is a classic 3-4 OLB.

He's actually played that a year, (I think). Mostly played the strongside in a 4-3. (sam)

I don't know, but I don't think the Will position alonside Bruschi is out of the realm of possibility.

Some have said our starting positions are locked up, but I'll believe Beisel when I see some production.

Last edited by a moderator:
spacecrime said:
Davis and Izzo are STers. Davis plays some safety, so LB in weird passing situations.

Posey may or may not be worth signing if there is a chance he'll make the 53. Ortherwise we're just cutting a prospect for nothing. I have no idea how this guy wokuld fit into the Pats defense, but I suspect that BB/SP do and will or will not sign him based on that.

What prospects?

RayClay said:
What prospects?

Why there's...ah...
How about...er...
Don't forget...um...

never mind

captain stone said:
Why there's...ah...
How about...er...
Don't forget...um...

never mind

LOL..........

spacecrime said:

I would love to see FredEx in camp. For a host of reasons.

dryheat44 said:
I would love to see FredEx in camp. For a host of reasons.

Yeah, #37 is about ready for contact...

spacecrime said:

The Pats have 2 open roster spots. (Mitchell and Shelton to IR)

I wouldn't mind seeing a little ring around the Posey

PatsWickedPissah said:
I wouldn't mind seeing a little ring around the Posey

Bon mots - well done, PWP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore