PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Buchholz....Top of the ninth

On one of the biggest days of the Patriots calendar -- the cutdown to 53 -- this crap shows up. OK, I've got some news to add to the original post:

The Wayland Ladies' Auxiliary Croquet Team shut out Milford, 17-0!

Stan Smith defeated Doug Jones 6-0 in horseshoes this afternoon.

Jimmy Fletcher topped Billy Peters in tiddly winks, 22-0.

And Shmessy, I am disappointed in your moderatorship not moving this thread at first notice.
clueless:rolleyes:

what a game .that kid has got a sh-t load of poise .hopefully they find a way to keep him in the rotation.

what an unbelievable night. The no-hitter is my favorite thing in all sports. I don't know what i liked watching more, Bucholz pitch or how happy and excited Beckett was in the dug out. It was awesome to see the other pitchers in the dug out being so excited. It shows how tight of a group the pitching staff is in Boston, a big reason why they are so successful. My favorite part about a pitcher throwing a no-htter might be the way the rest of the team rallies around the pitcher. What a game and performance by Bucholz. It was awesome. I think Bucholz owes Pedoia a beer.

Did ya'll see how happy Papi was once it had ended? He was loving it.

Here's a novel idea perhaps you haven't fully considered yet: As a moderator, it supposedly is your job to police the OT threads regardless of subject matter and put them in their proper forums. Correct? I personally don't care how much you like friggin' baseball, "breaking news" or not. You won't find me starting OT threads in the football forum about other things I'm interested in/excited about, so take your accusations of pettiness elsewhere.

Holy **** you take yourself way too seriously. Yea you don't like the Sox, we get it, don't click on the thread. It's really pretty pathetic how you and BellichickFan are reacting to this

Holy **** you take yourself way too seriously. Yea you don't like the Sox, we get it, don't click on the thread. It's really pretty pathetic how you and BellichickFan are reacting to this

agree...they both need a nap

What part of this :

PatsFans.com - New England Patriots Fan Forum

Don't some of you understand ?

What part of extenuating circumstances and some SEMBLANCE of being human do YOU not understand? We get that you hate baseball. Have a SLIGHT sense of flexibility. It was a BIG DEAL.

Quite frankly, the attitude of the mods (or whoever) like Tunescribe and BelichickFan is nothing short of ludicrous. Even considering that there was some overly emotional push that led to a thread in the "wrong" place, you guys have behaved like absolute F-ing A-HOLES. It's unacceptable and completely ridiculous.

There's a way to handle things, and I realize I'm taking it to an inappropriate extreme with name-calling, but I'm not sure it can be summarized another way in this case. You guys are way WAY over the line, not for the fact of what you did, but for the completely crummy way you did it.

Last edited:
Quite frankly, the attitude of the mods (or whoever) like Tunescribe and BelichickFan is nothing short of ludicrous. Even considering that there was some overly emotional push that led to a thread in the "wrong" place, you guys have behaved like absolute F-ing A-HOLES. It's unacceptable and completely ridiculous.

There's a way to handle things, and I realize I'm taking it to an inappropriate extreme with name-calling, but I'm not sure it can be summarized another way in this case. You guys are way WAY over the line, not for the fact of what you did, but for the completely crummy way you did it.
they are acting like little boys who are jealous that the red sox have a great fan base.its really pathetic.

Actually I love baseball - just not on the Patriots board.

that doesn't have anything to do with the snotty, power-trippy way you and tunescribe handled things.

that doesn't have anything to do with the snotty, power-trippy way you and tunescribe handled things.
Given that I have *NO* power, saying I'm on a power trip is . . . interesting.

Serious question - how many Patriots threads are on SoSH ?

Given that I have *NO* power, saying I'm on a power trip is . . . interesting.

Serious question - how many Patriots threads are on SoSH ?

Somewhere North of 50.

No one is claiming that the Red Sox stuff shouldn't primarily stay on the Sox board. There's just a way to be a human about things, okay? And you guys seem to specialize in this ridiculous Lord of the Flies mentality, puffing up your chests and kicking ass like you're the cool guys in the frat house. You (or they) can perform the duties of a Mod without being so arrogant and curt about it. At least you SHOULD be able to.

No one is claiming that the Red Sox stuff shouldn't primarily stay on the Sox board. There's just a way to be a human about things, okay? And you guys seem to specialize in this ridiculous Lord of the Flies mentality, puffing up your chests and kicking ass like you're the cool guys in the frat house. You (or they) can perform the duties of a Mod without being so arrogant and curt about it. At least you SHOULD be able to.
From my experience reading other boards it's best to be all or nothing. I know what you're saying about special events - really - but it's usually a downhill slide quickly. From posting about a no-hitter to posting about a shutout to posting about a win. It makes boards suck.

Whatever you want to think. The thread is now where it belongs. Order has been restored.

Thank God, I feared for my life for awhile there.:scared:

Last edited:
From my experience reading other boards it's best to be all or nothing. I know what you're saying about special events - really - but it's usually a downhill slide quickly. From posting about a no-hitter to posting about a shutout to posting about a win. It makes boards suck.

Fair enough. I don't think that precludes people from being polite about it and checking their power-trips at the door.

Nonsense! You have absolutely no argument. There were not one but THREE baseball threads going simultaneously in the Patriots forum on, as I said, a very big day on the Patriots calendar -- the cutdown to 53. Read ... my ... lips: THERE IS A BASEBALL FORUM ON THIS MESSAGEBOARD EXPRESSLY DEDICATED TO ALL MATTERS PERTAINING TO YOUR BELOVED BOSTON BASEBALL TEAM! Why does the logic of where such threads/posts belong escape you? People interested in baseball go to the baseball forum. People interested in politics go to the political forum, etc., etc. If it was labeled the Patriots/Sox Forum, you'd have an argument. It isn't. You don't.

YOU are behaving like an absolute F-ing A-hole and going WAY over the line by assuming that your personal fixation on baseball should be foisted on others just because YOU think it is so important. You can love baseball all you want, just don't do it on others' time in others' space. I know it's asking a lot, but try considering for a moment that not everyone feels as you do, and your assumption that they do intrudes upon and compromises the experience of others.

The righteous sense of entitlement that Boston baseball fans feel at the expense of everything/everyone else makes me sick. I'll never forget the game in Foxboro a few years ago against Tennessee when McNair scored a touchdown and the stadium burst into cheers because one of the Desperate Housewives hit a homerun or whatever at that precise moment. I'm a diehard Patriots fan. I go to the games and the Patsfans.com football forum because of that, and definitely don't appreciate having my enjoyment interrupted by people like you.

Last edited:
The people around here who wear their rabid anti-Red Sox agenda like a badge of honor need to relax. I can't stand boxing, but if someone posted a thread about a huge boxing event on the Pats board (not that I can think of what the boxing equivalent to a no-hitter is) I wouldn't get my panties in a twist. In fact, it might actually interest me, and if it didn't, no one's forcing me to read the goddamn thread.

The Buchholz thing was big, and some Pats fans who would be genuinely interested in it might not have known about it otherwise.

The threads will get moved. There's no reason to be an ass about it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm thinking that I should start posting more so that I can become an obnoxious *********, too. I hear that if you have over 3,000 posts, you can complain about anything!! God forbid the Red Sox win the World Series and an OT thread gets started on Tune's and BF's domain !!! (The fearful, uncontrollable shaking and shivering begins now, folks)

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back