PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

O/T: The top 20 players of all time at every position

Thanks for the link. I spent a little while looking at all the lists and noticed something odd. It seems like every time I saw a Patriot on the list they had been let go by the team at some point. I think it all started when they traded Nick Buoniconti.

These are fun to look at but always need an edit or second look. Jim Harbaugh had more rushing yards than Bo Jackson. Played in a lot more games but there's no way I can put Bo in my top 10.

Dermontti Dawson is pretty low. Universally considered a top 3-5 all-time C.

They have Elway at 4 I believe lol. I needed some deep breathing after that. Young at 16!!!

Gonzo > Gronk & Kelce is kinda funny. Kelce is probably the better blocker between him and Tony and has a higher catch rate, YT & YR.

RT isn't terrible but it's a mess. Same for RB. There's no world in which Bo Jackson > LT, OJ, Faulk and many others. I love the idea of what Bo could become but he's not a top 10 RB. Maybe not top 25 if we're being objective.

Fun though. It's always good to look back.

Bruce Armstrong listed as a Right Tackle and Left Tackle?

Munoz not #1 at Left Tackle?

Missing Raymond Berry at Wide Receiver.

I agree with Bo being too high at Running Back. Only because of the short career, but still too high.

Andre Tippett not at the top of the Left Outside Linebackers? 11th?

Just my gut reactions with no real research - still an interesting read.

Troy Aikman at #12 lol

They have Elway at 4 I believe lol. I needed some deep breathing after that. Young at 16!!!
You can name four or five quarterbacks definitively better than Elway? Good for you, because I cannot. Brady, Montana…. But to each their own.

The only eye-opening placements I saw were Mel Blount and Steve Atwater. Way too low for both of them. When the NFL realizes you’re so dominant that they have to rewrite the rules to contain you, you’re pretty good.

You can name four or five quarterbacks definitively better than Elway? Good for you, because I cannot. Brady, Montana…. But to each their own.

The only eye-opening placements I saw were Mel Blount and Steve Atwater. Way too low for both of them. When the NFL realizes you’re so dominant that they have to rewrite the rules to contain you, you’re pretty good.
Kenny Easley seemed a bit low as well

Young/Manning > Montana. And Elway isn't in my top 12. Good QB but not top tier imo. He's lucky he won SB when he did and he played like **** in most of them.
There arent 5 better C than Dermontti Dawson imo. He was an absolute stud. I'm a huge Pouncey fan but having him 5 and DD 9 is craziness.

I thought Atwater was about right give or take a few spots. Same for Mel.

I'm not taking him over any of these guys and maybe a few others.
Deion Sanders
Rod Woodson
Charles Woodson
Champ Bailey
Darrelle Revis
**** “Night Train” Lane
Mel Blount

That said there's not a huge between any imo. Revis and Bailey shut down half the field. If someone had it, Prime, Bailey, Revis. I wouldn't mind at all. Night Train was an OG. Prime is the GOAT. Woodson bros are legends that could play CB/Saf. Again not a lot separating them.

And yea Bo Jackson was a flash but I can't put him top 10.

No, Mahomes is not the sixth-greatest all-time quarterback. No, Ray Lewis was not a better middle linebacker than **** Butkus. And the head coach list is a bad joke omitting George Allen, Hank Stram and Tom Landry.

No, Mahomes is not the sixth-greatest all-time quarterback.
Idk theres really not many if any QB that have had a better start to their career. Hes already more/as accomplished than a lot on that list. Having Elway at 4 is worse than Mahomes at 6 imo.
No, Ray Lewis was not a better middle linebacker than **** Butkus. And the head coach list is a bad joke omitting George Allen, Hank Stram and Tom Landry.
I have a different group of GOAT LB than most. I'd probably take Luke > Ray if it's up to me.

This was a quick scan but fun. Lots of things to argue about over a few beers. I was salivating looking at some of the Tackles and Guards. Some really greats on that list. Also took a peak at all time Patriots lineup there. LOTS TO ARGUE ABOUT THERE!

Idk theres really not many if any QB that have had a better start to their career. Hes already more/as accomplished than a lot on that list. Having Elway at 4 is worse than Mahomes at 6 imo.
I hate to admit it as a professional Kansas City hater but Mahomes at the 6-10 range seems about right

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back