PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos week is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK, Miller may have helped the defense, but what the Broncos have done on defense his he has been back is overrated. KC's and Washington's offense are awful and San Deigo hasn't scored more than 24 points in a game since September.

Watching the game on Sunday night, it was scary how open the Chiefs' receivers were. If Alex Smith was a better QB and/or receivers didn't drop balls, I think the Chiefs could have put 30 points on the Broncos defense easy on Sunday. I know if Brady's receivers are open like that, they certainly will put over 30 on the Denver defense.

KC, especially Alex Smith, were deer in the headlights Sunday night. Alex Smith was missing easy throws and making bad reads. It really speaks to how good that KC defense is that they didn't let Denver blow the lid off of that game. I knew how the game was going to go when KC fumbled the play after turning Denver over.

We'll find out if KC is worth their weight in a week and a half. You can be excused for messing yourself in an away game on prime time, but you'd better not do it in your own stadium.

He's got a cast on his hand.

It would surprise the hell out of me. Tonight's game was the first one that he missed out of a scheduled couple/few.

If he couldn't practice on Saturday, what makes you suddenly think he'll be able to practice on Wednesday or Thursday in a cast?

Was back at practice today.

IDK, Miller may have helped the defense, but what the Broncos have done on defense his he has been back is overrated. KC's and Washington's offense are awful and San Deigo hasn't scored more than 24 points in a game since September..

That strengthens my point even more, because the games I posted were supposed to be the "better" teams on the schedule. We had not played anything up to the Colts. BAL, NYG, OAK, PHI, DAL, JAX. Those aren't exactly barn burning offenses and they were putting up some really big numbers.

So even if it is "overrated", it's still trending (on average) in the right direction.

Watching the game on Sunday night, it was scary how open the Chiefs' receivers were. If Alex Smith was a better QB and/or receivers didn't drop balls, I think the Chiefs could have put 30 points on the Broncos defense easy on Sunday. I know if Brady's receivers are open like that, they certainly will put over 30 on the Denver defense.

Yeah, the Chiefs lost it just as much as Denver won it but I won't get into a what if game. KC will get another shot in 10 days. Denver still has to play the Pats first lol.

I'm still sticking with my earlier prediction of whoever is the turnover differential winner and/or last person to have the ball taking the cake.

For those that accuse the beat writers of the Patriots as being homers and mouthpieces of the team, I suggest you take a look at the Broncos section of today's Denver Post. They even have one section devoted strictly to articles about their QB, under the creative title of "Manning News".

Patriots whining again, but America will be pulling for Denver Sunday - The Denver Post

Don't you just love it when the whining New England Patriots and their insufferable fans complain about a referee's call, especially one on the last play of a loss?

First of all, the play that ended their Monday night game at Carolina wasn't the reason they lost. Second, Tom Brady's pass to Rob Gronkowski wasn't "catchable," at least not by Gronkowski. It was eminently catchable by safety Robert Lester, who intercepted it.

You want to argue otherwise? Fine, it was a debatable call. But the team that hosts your Broncos next Sunday night has a history of cheating, and their protests when calls go against them are beyond lame.

This is the team that was caught cheating in the "Spygate" scandal in 2007. This is the team caught cheating against the New York Jets this season, illegally pushing teammates on a field goal attempt.

This is also the team that went to Super Bowl XXXVI (which it won) via the infamous "tuck rule game" in a divisional playoff that should have ended in victory for Oakland.

This is a team with one of the least-likable coaches in the modern era of professional football. Bill Belichick has a great record, but Ravens coach John Harbaugh was right when he called that record "stained" because of Spygate, and Belichick's grouchy arrogance makes him an unsympathetic figure outside of New England.

Tom Brady may be 11-5 vs. Peyton Manning, but I'm betting most of America will be pulling for Manning and the Broncos come Sunday night.​

Broncos Mailbag: Wes Welker taking a beating, where's the flag? - The Denver Post

Broncos are Top Gun in AFC with quick, not deep, aerial assault - The Denver Post

Broncos' improved defense includes new acquisitions from other teams - The Denver Post

Injured ankle? Forget about it! Peyton Manning looks just fine - The Denver Post

For those that accuse the beat writers of the Patriots as being homers and mouthpieces of the team, I suggest you take a look at the Broncos section of today's Denver Post. They even have one section devoted strictly to articles about their QB, under the creative title of "Manning News".

Patriots whining again, but America will be pulling for Denver Sunday - The Denver Post

Don't you just love it when the whining New England Patriots and their insufferable fans complain about a referee's call, especially one on the last play of a loss?

First of all, the play that ended their Monday night game at Carolina wasn't the reason they lost. Second, Tom Brady's pass to Rob Gronkowski wasn't "catchable," at least not by Gronkowski. It was eminently catchable by safety Robert Lester, who intercepted it.

You want to argue otherwise? Fine, it was a debatable call. But the team that hosts your Broncos next Sunday night has a history of cheating, and their protests when calls go against them are beyond lame.

This is the team that was caught cheating in the "Spygate" scandal in 2007. This is the team caught cheating against the New York Jets this season, illegally pushing teammates on a field goal attempt.

This is also the team that went to Super Bowl XXXVI (which it won) via the infamous "tuck rule game" in a divisional playoff that should have ended in victory for Oakland.

This is a team with one of the least-likable coaches in the modern era of professional football. Bill Belichick has a great record, but Ravens coach John Harbaugh was right when he called that record "stained" because of Spygate, and Belichick's grouchy arrogance makes him an unsympathetic figure outside of New England.

Tom Brady may be 11-5 vs. Peyton Manning, but I'm betting most of America will be pulling for Manning and the Broncos come Sunday night.​

What an atrocious hack homer of a writer.

Also what a liar. No-one from the Patriots is complaining about the call. I mean ya there was Brady seconds after it happened walking with the blakeman to the locker room asking why it was picked up.

But after that there has been no complaining.

Was back at practice today.

Certainly encouraging to see him out there today, although Dennard also practiced, and Talib practiced the majority that he was out too--so I don't really know what we can take from that.

Common sense would say that he is on his way back, although we'll have to wait and hope that he can make it in Sunday's game. It'd be a big plus if he returned. Either way if he does miss Sunday, he should definitely be back for the next one 100%.

EDIT: Looks like he talked w/ the media, so that's a huge plus.

It sounds like both talib and gregory should be good to go on sunday which is good news

This game is going to be won or lost in the trenches. Can the Pats front seven generate pressure on Manning like Indy did where they can negate a hurting secondary and force some turnovers. Can the Pats O-line keep the Denver pass rush at bay and open up the running game to keep Manning off the field. The other x-factor will be for our special teams to keep return superstar Trindon Holliday from breaking a big one or establishing good starting field advantage.

What an atrocious hack homer of a writer.

Also what a liar. No-one from the Patriots is complaining about the call. I mean ya there was Brady seconds after it happened walking with the blakeman to the locker room asking why it was picked up.

But after that there has been no complaining.

It's also highly ironic and rather disingenuous that the fan - it is what it is, he's clearly a fan first and writer a distant second - throws out the cheating line considering Denver's skirting of the salary cap rules en route to their Super Bowls.

Perhaps he should transfer to this position with that newspaper - which ironically, drug tests all their employees.

BZi_nlECIAEC8zy.jpg

Last edited:
This game is going to be won or lost in the trenches. Can the Pats front seven generate pressure on Manning like Indy did where they can negate a hurting secondary and force some turnovers. Can the Pats O-line keep the Denver pass rush at bay and open up the running game to keep Manning off the field. The other x-factor will be for our special teams to keep return superstar Trindon Holliday from breaking a big one or establishing good starting field advantage.

We ran and passed really well on the Carolina D. I see no problem for the offense moving the ball. The question is gonna be pressure. Out secondary is still decent, but it falls apart if they have to hold against a mobile QB, and I think we don't need to wort about that.

Broncos Mailbag: Wes Welker taking a beating, where's the flag? - The Denver Post

Broncos are Top Gun in AFC with quick, not deep, aerial assault - The Denver Post

Broncos' improved defense includes new acquisitions from other teams - The Denver Post

Injured ankle? Forget about it! Peyton Manning looks just fine - The Denver Post
wow...just wow...

Ok, now getting a penalty is cheating? Geez, talk about reaching. So the Jest win on a stupid rule that's never been called before, and the Pats are cheating. But, the Pats win a game from a stupid rule that's "hardly' used, and the pats are cheating. Real journalism right there. Why do I bother watching and reading anything to do with this pathetic league?

Makes a lot of jets fans look like saints. Guy is a strait up tool bag

Well, after seeing our offense against Carolina, I think my biggest concern is our secondary too. If we had Talib and Dennard out there, I'd be predicting a two score win.

But then again, if my aunt had a blank, she'd be my uncle, so we all know how that goes.

Talib is practicing and he said today he is day to day. Dennard practiced but don't count on him being out there

I may be wrong, but I think they held out Dennard and Gregory to make sure they were as healthy as possible this week.

I really hope you aren't wrong. Don't know who was wearing the green dot on Monday (Hightower, McCourtey?), but IMO if Gregory comes back it helps in more ways than one and may be more even important than whether or not Talib or Dennard play.

Makes a lot of jets fans look like saints. Guy is a strait up tool bag

How can one write this for their national newspaper ? And the irony of it is, a few local boston media writers will agree with a lot if it..thats our local guys.

Dear Denver Post,

f*** you.

And you don't know JACK about what "the rest of America" is rooting for. You don't know JACK about Spygate and you don't know JACK about what "cheating" is. Also, you want to talk whining? Your beloved quarterback wrote the book on whining!

All that thin air is clearly eating away at your brain cells, so please take a long diving board up to the the top of Mt. Elbert and then take a mile high leap for mankind. Thank you.

Also, f*** you again. Just in case you didn't hear it the first time.

well...IF...if the Pats win Sunday...and I really hope they do...I wish they win on a contested call at the end that goes in their favor...just to see if this total nitwit's pin head explodes...wait a minute...no, I want to change my wish...I wish the Pats destroy the Gooberettes and the biting cold cracks Manling's ankles like fine china against a brick wall...

What's the saying about people living in glass houses? This writer must not have been following the NFL back when this happened to his beloved team:

Broncos Penalized Again for Salary Cap Violations (washingtonpost.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes