PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos week is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
of course we will...but this team has a lot of problems and to beat a better team in the Broncos is a plus.

I expect a loss as well as we are just too injured and they are too powerful on O

Brady and the offense can hang 30-35 points on this Broncos D in my opinion. If we can win the time of possession and still be scoring, I see a win as entirely possible.

Brady and the offense can hang 30-35 points on this Broncos D in my opinion. If we can win the time of possession and still be scoring, I see a win as entirely possible.

its pretty much the same Denver defense that brady torched last year and the year before..they cant cover Gronk. This isnt the panthers defense which is the #1 defense in the league right now(and brady completed 72% of his passes)

this game is going to come down to a turnover IMO...

its pretty much the same Denver defense that brady torched last year and the year before..they cant cover Gronk. This isnt the panthers defense which is the #1 defense in the league right now(and brady completed 72% of his passes)

this game is going to come down to a turnover IMO...

People are overlooking the broncos D IMO. They have decent rushers in miller and philips. They give up less than 100 yds rushing . Their offense always helps out keeping pressure on the other team to keeping throwing the ball and they thrive with big hits and turnovers. They have added some players in DRC and phillips from last yr as well. Not saying they are carolina but they are not as bad it made out to be.

People are overlooking the broncos D IMO. They have decent rushers in miller and philips. They give up less than 100 yds rushing . Their offense always helps out keeping pressure on the other team to keeping throwing the ball and they thrive with big hits and turnovers. They have added some players in DRC and phillips from last yr as well. Not saying they are carolina but they are not as bad it made out to be.

I definitely agree with you.

It seems like there are so many here who automatically assume that DEN has an absolutely pathetic defense, and although they may not be "good," they probably are nowhere near as bad as these posters are attempting to suggest.

1072953-broncos-week-here-page3.html

Gee, I wonder what QB NBC is trying to play up as the villain....

Phillips is good, but Miller no where close to being the player he was past 2 seasons. If the Pats keep the balance they did against Carolina, Denver d will be on their heels all night.

Not quite, but close. Add to the Broncos' 28th ranked defense against the pass an offense that is 24th in turnovers, and you have a team on the road tailor-made for a shootout that the Patriots can win.

2013 Denver Broncos Stats, Broncos OFF/DEF Rankings, Visual DEN Statistics

While I believe that our offense can hang on with the donkey’s in terms of scoring, I HIGHLY doubt that our defense (ex. Talib and Dennard) can handle forehead and his receiving toys. We couldn’t stop the Panther’s offense for crying out loud, what makes you think our shameful defense can fare better against the #1 offense?!?! :rolleyes:

While I believe that our offense can hang on with the donkey’s in terms of scoring, I HIGHLY doubt that our defense (ex. Talib and Dennard) can handle forehead and his receiving toys. We couldn’t stop the Panther’s offense for crying out loud, what makes you think our shameful defense can fare better against the #1 offense?!?! :rolleyes:

Well for starters, manning isn't going to kill us with his legs like newton did...most of those plays where newton ran for positive yards and killed us would've been a throwaway or sack for Manning

Pats defenders were playing more of a contain than going after the qb...with an immobile manning I expect them to pin their ears pack and rush manning

The key is getting pressure on him

Since Von has returned and we got our defensive captain Woodyard back, our defense has improved a ton.

vs KC
144/200/344 run/pass/total
17 pts allowed

vs SD
131/198/329
20 pts allowed

vs WAS
112/154/266
21 pts allowed

vs IND
121/213/429
39 pts allowed (3 turnovers)

prior to Von is where we had the likes of Chad Henne nearly putting up 300 yards on us (291 to be exact).

So his stat line isn't as impressive as it was last couple years, but to say he's not impacting the defense is wrong.

As for who will win.. probably whoever has the ball last OR comes out on top of TO differential. Denver has been really bad in that stat column and luckily have had the fire power to overcome it.

It will be curious to see what kind of defensive gameplan we will throw at a QB that has seen everything and is just about impossible to fool at this point in his career.

My guess is that it's a fairly mundane approach that will emphasize preventing the big play (yes that old bend but don't break) and just making Manning work for everything, inching up the field one down at a time in the hope that somewhere along the way he gets restless and impatient.

This will undoubtedly have our fan base howling for murder at the supposedly lack of pass rushing or blitzing.

We have the better QB and Coach we also play at home. I have complete faith in Brady out dueling Manning. If this were Mile high I'd be more skeptical, but our ace in the hole is TB12

The media is talking about manning vs our D and injuries....but what about what brady did to the best D in the league on Monday? Gotta love the manning hype until playoffs...then we know what happens

Since Von has returned and we got our defensive captain Woodyard back, our defense has improved a ton.

vs KC
17 pts allowed

vs SD
131/198/329
20 pts allowed

vs WAS
112/154/266
21 pts allowed

vs IND
121/213/429

prior to Von is where we had the likes of Chad Henne nearly putting up 300 yards on us (291 to be exact).

So his stat line isn't as impressive as it was last couple years, but to say he's not impacting the defense is wrong.

As for who will win.. probably whoever has the ball last OR comes out on top of TO differential. Denver has been really bad in that stat column and luckily have had the fire power to overcome it.

IIRC, the defense was only responsible for two of the TD's against Washington, and one of those TD's was a 10 yard drive, and Special Teams contributed heavily to Indy's point total. Those aren't horrible points totals regardless, but that defense doesn't pass the eyeball test (if that even matters).

It hasn't really mattered where Denver ranked statistically in the last few years though. Our offense has had their number. We could conceivably keep pace with Denver to the tune of 30+ points, but I think our best bet is a similar approach to what we did against Carolina. We came out in power formations and ran with some play fakes mixed in, save the odd spread play.

The media is talking about manning vs our D and injuries....but what about what brady did to the best D in the league on Monday? Gotta love the manning hype until playoffs...then we know what happens

Well, after seeing our offense against Carolina, I think my biggest concern is our secondary too. If we had Talib and Dennard out there, I'd be predicting a two score win.

But then again, if my aunt had a blank, she'd be my uncle, so we all know how that goes.

No one is saying the defense will keep the Broncos off the board. This game will be about hanging around for both teams.

Look at the Colts 39-33 victory over the Broncos box score: Watch Denver Broncos vs. Indianapolis Colts [10/20/2013] - NFL.com

The Pats and Broncos should have a similar type day.

Both defenses are below average. Yards/game: Patriots 20th, Broncos 23rd, Points/game Patriots 6th(!), Broncos 21st, 3rd % Patriots 29th(!), Broncos 15th, etc, etc.
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...ory=GAME_STATS&d-447263-s=DOWN_3RD_PERCENTAGE

This game will probably follow the script that's happened in nearly every game that's not a playoff game played in Foxboro where the Pats get up big and then the Colts come rushing back and it's just a question of if the Pats can hang on.

2012 up 31-7 Broncos come back to 31-21 and have the ball deep in NE territory when McGahee fumbles. Patriots run out the last 3:42

2010 up 31-14 Indy cuts it to 31-28 and James Sanders picks Peyton late.

2009 up 31-31 in the 4th.........4th and 2.....lose 35-34

2007 an anomoly as the Pats trail 20-10 late in the 4th and charge back to win in Inday 24-20.

2006 AFCCG.........

2004 Pats lead 27-17 and Indy cuts it to 3. Big Willie sack and then "money" misses the FG.

2003 Leading 31-10 Indy ties it then Pats score a TD and Indy a FG then Willie stuffs Edge after sucking it up and coming back from an injury. :D

With how banged up the defense is I pray it's not a 2005 redux.

I suppose there's solace in the fact that our injury plagued defense of 2013 is on par with the starting defenses NE had in 2009-2012.

vs KC
17 pts allowed

vs SD
131/198/329
20 pts allowed

vs WAS
112/154/266
21 pts allowed

vs IND
121/213/429

IDK, Miller may have helped the defense, but what the Broncos have done on defense his he has been back is overrated. KC's and Washington's offense are awful and San Deigo hasn't scored more than 24 points in a game since September.

Watching the game on Sunday night, it was scary how open the Chiefs' receivers were. If Alex Smith was a better QB and/or receivers didn't drop balls, I think the Chiefs could have put 30 points on the Broncos defense easy on Sunday. I know if Brady's receivers are open like that, they certainly will put over 30 on the Denver defense.

For what it's worth, forecast for Sunday is 18° and no precipitation.

Yes, I realize that it gets cold in Denver - but that isn't exactly they type of weather that Manning prefers, or has a history of playing well in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back