PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos sign Aqib Talib

Status
Not open for further replies.
He only dealt with injuries in 2012. He played 16 games in 2011 and 16 games in 2013, he was outstanding in 2011 with 21 pass defends and 4 interceptions, this season he played in a zone defense, which was a waste of his talent, he still forced 2 fumbles, intercepted 2 passes, and had 11 pass defends.

I like Talib but comparing him to Revis is like comparing a Kia to a Bentley.

Kyle Arrington is a Kia. Talib is at least a BMW.

Playing is a result of the coaches deciding if you should suit up sometimes. Pats are one of the more cautious teams IMO outside of the whole
Gronk debacle. I don't think Revis suits up with several of his injuries last season.

I also don't confuse quality of play with injury history. Brady didn't stop being elite in 2008. He didn't have to regain his elite status in 2009. He was already there. Talib wasn't hunted in the last AFCCG. It was designed play and it worked to perfection. Could've happened to anyone. But the game is violent everyone gets hurt that's my whole point.

I am sure that Belichick was being extra cautious in the AFCCG with a player that was about to a UFA. He sent Brady out there with torn ligaments in his hand, Amendola with his groin hanging at his knees, Dobson on a broken foot, and Arrington in need of groin surgery, but he took extra measures to ensure Talib was not put at risk.

Wilfork was playing on preexisting Achilles injury that led to the rupture in week 4 of the regular season, we are not more cautious with our players. Nobody would ever argue that, we were.

That's incorrect. He had Shoulder, chest, groin and a possible concussion last season

Talib is an all-pro talent. Explain the Kia-Bentley comparison.

Hyperbole aside, I would put Revis behind Richard Sherman for best in the league but Talib isn't far behind him. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you weren't calling him a Kia a week ago.

If you were to say Revis= Bentley and Talib was a BMW I could
Accept that :)

OK Kia may have been a bit harsh, I will go with what FTW said, he is a BMW (5-series at best), and Revis is a Rolls Royce Phantom.

I have valued Talib at $6.5M APY this entire offseason and I still do. I think that he lacks durability and as we saw against the Panthers he is still a punk on the inside.

I am sure that Belichick was being extra cautious in the AFCCG with a player that was about to a UFA. He sent Brady out there with torn ligaments in his hand, Amendola with his groin hanging at his knees, Dobson on a broken foot, and Arrington in need of groin surgery, but he took extra measures to ensure Talib was not put at risk.

Wilfork was playing on preexisting Achilles injury that led to the rupture in week 4 of the regular season, we are not more cautious with our players. Nobody would ever argue that, we were.

I think they have a record of both playing and not playing it safe. Sure

OK Kia may have been a bit harsh, I will go with what FTW said, he is a BMW (5-series at best), and Revis is a Rolls Royce Phantom.

I have valued Talib at $6.5M APY this entire offseason and I still do. I think that he lacks durability and as we saw against the Panthers he is still a punk on the inside.

Lol okay. Sounds like sour grapes. Hard to take you seriously when you say things like that. Revis called BB a jerk is he a punk? Or are
You forgiving that because he is possibly a patriot.

None of that matters.

I find it kind of funny that the Welker situation was him misjudging the market, this year it's another Organization misjudging the worth of the player. Depending on the guarantee 6.5 would be a joke.

Lol okay. Sounds like sour grapes. Hard to take you seriously when you say things like that. Revis called BB a jerk is he a punk? Or are

You forgiving that because he is possibly a patriot.

None of that matters.

I find it kind of funny that the Welker situation was him misjudging the market, this year it's another Organization misjudging the worth of the player. Depending on the guarantee 6.5 would be a joke.

No Revis is a punk too, as is Sherman. It's hard to find a good CB who isn't a punk. The difference is they do not have a history of suspensions and legal problems, Talib does that is why I would not invest in at the level the Broncos did.

That's incorrect. He had Shoulder, chest, groin and a possible concussion last season

Talib is an all-pro talent. Explain the Kia-Bentley comparison.

Hyperbole aside, I would put Revis behind Richard Sherman for best in the league but Talib isn't far behind him. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you weren't calling him a Kia a week ago.

If you were to say Revis= Bentley and Talib was a BMW I could
Accept that :)

Talib is a Jaguar who is in the repair shop 25% of the time.

Revis has played all 16 games 5 times in his career, including last year.

As they say "You can't play from the hot tub".

Anyway, I don't expect Revis to be coming here. There are still 16 teams with more cap space (some, WAY more).

Talib is a Jaguar who is in the repair shop 25% of the time.

Revis has played all 16 games 5 times in his career, including last year.

As they say "You can't play from the hot tub".

Anyway, I don't expect Revis to be coming here. There are still 16 teams with more cap space (some, WAY more).

I like the BMW M6 comp. really great when it's in motion but you gotta
Put oil in the damn thing every 1300 miles and it's a money pit.

Revis' 16 game season could've easily have been 12-14. I agree Revis>Talib but dont agree with taking a crap on Talib to fit the narrative.

I think there are 3 guys better than a healthy Talib.

Edit:(My top 3 CB)
Sherman
Haden
Revis

Revis' 16 game season could've easily have been 12-14. I agree Revis>Talib but dont agree with taking a crap on Talib to fit the narrative.

Sherman
Haden
Revis

Hey, I loved Talib here.

Dude did everything asked of him, was a good soldier, provided much needed swag and took the young 'uns under his wing.

He will DEFINITELY be missed.

I never said anything different.

I love a good steak dinner also. Won't pay more than $75 for one, though. If the Broncos want to go that route, they have an awful lot of pressure on them this year. They have no ring yet.

Sherman
Haden
Revis

I'd add Patrick Peterson to the mix as well.

One thing about Talib is that I do believe he's a bit overrated by many.

The first 4-5 games of the season he was in line for DPOY, had 4 INTs, and was allowing a QB completion rate of about 30-35%.

After that, he never picked off another pass, and his 30-35% QB completion rate jumped into the 2/3rds range, all the way up to about 65%. We saw him injured once again (for the 6th yr in a row) and he ended up MIA is the second consecutive "biggest game of his career."

He was clearly 2 different players. When he's "on," he's very good. The problem is that he isn't "on" nearly as much as the CBs he often gets compared to, and he has historically missed between 21-22 percent of every season on average.

Ok........getting revis on a 1 year deal simply makes what elway spent on Talib flat out stupid

THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T BLOW YOUR LOAD IN DAY 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok........getting revis on a 1 year deal simply makes what elway spent on Talib flat out stupid

THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T BLOW YOUR LOAD IN DAY 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elway's tweet today about FA being like "dating" sounds even funnier when paired with your post. :D

Elway's tweet today about FA being like "dating" sounds even funnier when paired with your post. :D

But revis on a 1 year is a date.........Talibs deal is a marriage that will be a costly divorce.......

You won't hear it publicly, but I'd bet elway is fuming about now......it's like elway blew his load and got pregnant.....BB used a rubber

Even better.......with the Talib deal, the pats will get a 2015 3rd rounder as compensation

Broncos sign Aqib Talib

tumblr_lwhtxb5d3F1r6aoq4o1_250.gif

I'd add Patrick Peterson to the mix as well.

One thing about Talib is that I do believe he's a bit overrated by many.

The first 4-5 games of the season he was in line for DPOY, had 4 INTs, and was allowing a QB completion rate of about 30-35%.

After that, he never picked off another pass, and his 30-35% QB completion rate jumped into the 2/3rds range, all the way up to about 65%. We saw him injured once again (for the 6th yr in a row) and he ended up MIA is the second consecutive "biggest game of his career."

He was clearly 2 different players. When he's "on," he's very good. The problem is that he isn't "on" nearly as much as the CBs he often gets compared to, and he has historically missed between 21-22 percent of every season on average.

He was playing injured most of the year, which I believe severely hurt his performance, no?

He was playing injured most of the year, which I believe severely hurt his performance, no?

Well, that's kind of the point. His play while here in NE has often been overrated in my opinion, and the stats from this season pretty much show that.

We saw the exact same thing last year just as well. Many were excited due to the fact that our secondary looked improved, but the addition of McCourty to safety + Dennard as CB2/Arrington to the star was also a big part of that as well.

As a matter of fact, Talib was in and out of injury situations from day one when he came here last season. As I said, when he's "on" and everything lines up perfectly, he's a very good CB. Unfortunately for him, that doesn't seem to happen on a consistent enough basis to warrant that kind of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back