PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos not ruling Welker (concussion) out for Thursday; writer asks Wes to retire

Re: OT - Writer Asks Wes Welker To Retire After Suffering Another Concussion

ahhhh no?.....

Maybe it's just wishful thinking....I've been trying to get reasonably priced tix for the Pats Dolphins game Sunday. Most years you can find face value seats the week of the game....not this year. Lousy upper bowl seats are $150...crazy. The bizarre thing this year for Dolphins tix is that Stub Hub has been very pricy all year for fish games despite seeing gazillions of empty seats on game day.
Back in '07, when Brady to Moss was the must see attraction in the NFL.....bought $40 seats in the 4th row behind the goalposts where wave after wave of Patriots WRS were jogging into the endzone for TDs. Moss and Stallworth went off and the mediots starting accusing the Pats of running up scores after that game. Now I'm spoiled and expect great seats at budget prices for any fish game.
Something does seem fishy though regarding the price/no show disparity this year

I love Wes but he seems so dumb to begin with that I think he could pass a test comparing his baseline cognitive abilities after a beheading.

I love Wes but he seems so dumb to begin with that I think he could pass a test comparing his baseline cognitive abilities after a beheading.

Very funny, Pat.

1.) Seau's life was on the decline, he was out of money, his restaurant had failed, and was on the brink of bankruptcy. I'd put his suicide more on the fact that he had it all and was about to lose it, which led to his depression.

2.)I'm sure steroids had nothing to do with his anger issues

3.)explain to me why i am often times in rooms and i dont know why, why am i looking in the fridge right now? Thats not a concussion thing, thats a human thing.

3.)explain to me why i am often times in rooms and i dont know why, why am i looking in the fridge right now? Thats not a concussion thing, thats a human thing.

This is not a joke - that never happens to me. I'm not trying to be snide but I'm wondering if that's something to get checked out.

Re: Broncos not ruling Welker (concussion) out for Thursday; writer asks Wes to retir

Those so called test aren't to great. After his first concussion, he was allowed to go back into the game. However, after the game he had to go to the hospital. So you are telling me the concussion wasn't severe enough to get pulled for the game but bad enough to get sent to the hospital? Something seems fishy. I hope for Wes's sake we aren't reading about him having CTE in 10 or 15 years.

This is not a joke - that never happens to me. I'm not trying to be snide but I'm wondering if that's something to get checked out.

K2f8I.jpg

Why Walking through a Doorway Makes You Forget: Scientific American

Re: Broncos not ruling Welker (concussion) out for Thursday; writer asks Wes to retir

Jackie MacMullen told Welker to retire last year at a charity event, and for the exact same reason, she fears he has taken so many big head shots that it is going to ruin his life after football.

If the Broncos play Welker this week the guys that run that organisation deserve to be SHOT.

Jackie MacMullen told Welker to retire last year at a charity event, and for the exact same reason, she fears he has taken so many big head shots that it is going to ruin his life after football.

Knowing what I know now, I'm glad Welker is not a Patriot and forcing me into a dilemma over as a fan wanting him to be continuing his contract vs his health. Really an awful situation.

Knowing what I know now, I'm glad Welker is not a Patriot and forcing me into a dilemma over as a fan wanting him to be continuing his contract vs his health. Really an awful situation.

I agree. I was about as adamant about keeping Welker as a fan could be but the one thing that gave me pause was MacMullen's interview with Holley shortly after he signed with Denver, where she recounted seeing him at a charity event earlier in the offseason and advising him to retire because of her concerns about his long term health and his concussions. It may well be that the cumulative effect of the hits he has taken is making him much more susceptible to concussions going forward, and that's why a hit like the one he took last week gave him a concussion when in fact it was about a 1 on the scale of 1-10 when compared to those he has taken over his career. It sucks to see a player as great and as tough as he is go down this path but i think i would call for him to retire at this point even if he were on the Patriots.

And once again this reinforces just how good a thing it is that i don't make the decisions for this team, as i would have not only paid him but i would have paid him big, and although i think he deserved it the financial repercussions most likely would have been severe.

Welker should call Wayne Chrebet and Kevin Turner before rushing back into the line up.

The thing is that Denver didn't miss him on Sunday when he went out. Jacob Tamme did a very good job in the slot. There is no reason for him to rush back.

In light of the fact that Ms Jackie is a charter member of the Ryan/Shaughnessy/Buckley/Borges fan club for Bill Belichick & the Pats, I'd bet two things: 1) WW was still a Pat when that advice was rendered, and 2) now that Wes is a Bronco, Jackie has changed her mind.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
Back