PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos move from 29 to 15 for a 3rd and a 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.
PatsFanonCape said:
Maybe I missed it, but exactly how does that affect the Pats, they're still picking 21 st. They can still move up or down based on availability or need. The Bronco's are stupid to make a move this early.

I can understand the kool-aid drinking bandwagon that trusts our front office no matter how it looks on the surface. BTW I am still on that wagon! For any football fan not to recognize that the Bronco's have made a trade that is heavily tilted to their side is idiotic. We would be praising our guys as geniuses if they made that same deal.

NE_PATS_FAN_54 said:
what???? it would be IDIOTIC to give up a 3rd and a 4th to move up 6 spots. of course denver did it, the gained nearly 15 spots with the trade. whoopy, chad jackson or lendale white. white wouldnt play for a few years and most likely will be avaible at 21.

Particularly idiotic to move up before you know that the player you want will be there.

hodgey said:
I can understand the kool-aid drinking bandwagon that trusts our front office no matter how it looks on the surface. BTW I am still on that wagon! For any football fan not to recognize that the Bronco's have made a trade that is heavily tilted to their side is idiotic. We would be praising our guys as geniuses if they made that same deal.
I'll try again, who cares what the Bronco's due. The Bronco's made a trade gambling on a player(s) that would/should be available at that pick, based on their projected draft. Projected drafts are a joke. Players slip down, go earlier, and teams trade up. The Pats may trade up or down, but it will be based on how the draft is going. They have never traded up a month before the draft. Tell me a year from now how well the Bronco's have done with the great trade (1st, 3rd & 4 th for the 15th pick ) and what the Pats ended up with for their 1st, 3rd, & 4th.

PatsFanonCape said:
I'll try again, who cares what the Bronco's due. The Bronco's made a trade gambling on a player(s) that would/should be available at that pick, based on their projected draft. Projected drafts are a joke. Players slip down, go earlier, and teams trade up. The Pats may trade up or down, but it will be based on how the draft is going. They have never traded up a month before the draft. Tell me a year from now how well the Bronco's have done with the great trade (1st, 3rd & 4 th for the 15th pick ) and what the Pats ended up with for their 1st, 3rd, & 4th.

the broncos made a great trade...it would not have been available two days later, let alone on draft day...abraham was going to Atlanta or Seattle....Denver used it's leverage (picking two spots ahead of Seattle) to extort maximum value from Atlanta

when you're a solid football team, with excess mid round picks available, moving up 15 spots in the first for a third this year and a fourth next year is great business....and don't be surprised if it doesn't end there...they'll probably package them up to move up again, or trade the second one to add more later picks.

Last edited:
ayjackson said:
the broncos made a great trade...it would not have been available two days later, let alone on draft day...abraham was going to Atlanta or Seattle....Denver used it's leverage (picking two spots ahead of Seattle) to extort maximum value from Atlanta

when you're a solid football team, with excess mid round picks available, moving up 15 spots in the first for a third this year and a fourth next year is great business....and don't be surprised if it doesn't end there...they'll probably package them up to move up again, or trade the second one to add more later picks.

This is an excellent point. It doesnt matter if they have a player in mind. If they don't like whats available at 15 they can simply trade the pick, and will surely add value to what they spent. I hate the donkeys, so this sucks!! With a deep draft like this it will likely payoff big for them.

Just curious, did the Broncos trade Jake for a legit QB in this deal?

If the answer is no, it really doesn't matter what they did. As long as they have that choking dog at QB they aren't a legit Super Bowl threat.

dhamz said:
Just curious, did the Broncos trade Jake for a legit QB in this deal?

If the answer is no, it really doesn't matter what they did. As long as they have that choking dog at QB they aren't a legit Super Bowl threat.

:horn: :horn: :horn: :horn:

I'll ignore the first part of the post because it's nonsense. My guess is Shanahan is indeed positioning himself to take a RB. Under Shanahan the Broncos have been pretty active at hoarding RBs. They seem to take 1 or 2 every season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes