PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bronco defense was too tough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill B.

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Give it to the Broncos. Their defense is probably the best in the NFL at this time. Also Rod Smith always seems to make the plays that kill New England.

I really question our play calling. Why wasn't Gabriel in there earlier than the third quarter? He was making some big plays. It looks like he will work out just fine. But why the heck go for it on fourth down instead of attempting the field goal? get the three and you still have fifty seconds to try an on-side kick.

Just one game. The Patriots will turn it around.

Bill B. said:
Give it to the Broncos. Their defense is probably the best in the NFL at this time. Also Rod Smith always seems to make the plays that kill New England.

Preach on brother.

Last edited:
I have to agree, Rod Smith could be the only body on the field and he would still get the first down. Their defense did a good job too.

Yeah the Broncos played a great game on defense. But I don't know why the Pats couldn't run on the no name-undersized D-Line the Broncos had. The playcalling from the beginning of the season has been okay but I think it's more of a lack of offensive creativity on McDaniels part. I see the same formation over and over again. Were are the trips packages they used to run? The offense is very predictable, when there are more tight ends then recievers on the field, the Pats run. When Brady is in shotgun, there is always 4 wide and one running back in the backfield. Should have signed Al Saunders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEARCHIVES said:
Yeah the Broncos played a great game on defense. But I don't know why the Pats couldn't run on the no name-undersized D-Line the Broncos had. The playcalling from the beginning of the season has been okay but I think it's more of a lack of offensive creativity on McDaniels part. I see the same formation over and over again. Were are the trips packages they used to run? The offense is very predictable, when there are more tight ends then recievers on the field, the Pats run. When Brady is in shotgun, there is always 4 wide and one running back in the backfield. Should have signed Al Saunders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, his 700 pages playbook would definitely help out :p

Bill B. said:
Give it to the Broncos. Their defense is probably the best in the NFL at this time.

Give it to the Broncos. Their defense is probably the best in the NFL at this time.

TheTrueOne said:

That is BS. Going into this game, the Broncos run defense was amongst the worst. The Patriots just didn't execute on the run good enough. And that is where a TRUE FB would have helped to have.

They hadn't allowed a TD all season, they certainly don't suck. Yes their YPC against the run was bad but that was against Stephen Jackson and Larry Johnson. Of course, we should have run better but their defense is good.

Its easy to have a good defense when your opponent has no wide receivers and you can defend the run all night. Brady was averaging what? <6 yards per pass? What does that say?

THEARCHIVES said:
Yeah the Broncos played a great game on defense. But I don't know why the Pats couldn't run on the no name-undersized D-Line the Broncos had.

Shanahan game planned to take away the run and force the Pats to beat him in the air. In previous editions of New England, this would be suicide. But at this point, this year, our passing game blows.

It always scares me to agree with NEM but I have to agree except for his final statement damning Josh McDaniel.

We did stay too long with the run, but the score was close until the 17th point so there was no need to panic. Denver seemed to have everything closely covered. The screens were blown up, their coverage was close throughout.

I did think we should have taken a shot at the field goal instead of the 4th down play.

I was very encouraged by Doug Gabriel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore