PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bring on the Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally something I agree with you on.

Lets just hope Brady isn't able to talk this this crew into penalties like he seems to do with some of the others when a defender looks at him the wrong way.

So overblown....

Ravens' offense has been called for 5 more penalties than the Pats' offense.

I agree that the Ravens D will present some early problems for the Patriots offenses. That has happened a few times this season already and it wouldn't shock me to see us struggle in the the 1st quarter.

I also am quite sure that we will be able to figure it out and still hang 28 points or so on it at the end of the day.

My bigger concern is the defense of course. I think Flacco has regressed as a QB and I do think we will have to limit him. If we go out and make him look all world out there like we have a tendency to do with average QB's, we're toast. Luckily, one of the strength of our defense is we tend to eat up inaccurate QB on those intermediate routes. We are 3rd in the league in INTs and one of the knocks on Flacco this year is inaccuracy on the intermediate routes.

If we can take advantage of that and get a couple extra possessions for the offense. I can't see us losing this game.

Because whining to the media about the reffing like Vick and Ben is so manly...:bricks:

Last edited:
Finally something I agree with you on.

Lets just hope Brady isn't able to talk this this crew into penalties like he seems to do with some of the others when a defender looks at him the wrong way.

You Ravens fans are still crying about one instance that happened two years ago. Brady doesn't lobby the refs for penalties any more than a lot of QBs. In fact, I see a lot of WRs across the league crying to refs for PI penalties far more than Brady ever lobbies for penalties.

I didn't read the whole thread so I don't know if this was brought up, but none of the Ravens' scoring drives last week was for more than 44 yards. The TDs were a 2 yard drive and a 34 yard drive. So they couldn't move the ball.

Yes, the Pats' defense is not the Texans' defense, but that is a huge problem with the Ravens' offense. Without turnovers, the Ravens wouldn't have won. The Pats typically do not turnover the ball, at least as much as the Texans did last week.

I spoke of this yesterday.

They only scored TDs on "gimmies" and bonehead plays made by the Texans. Once Rice is shut out, the offense becomes very one dimensional and anemic.

My theory is that Flacco 'regression' this year is a function of the number of good defenses they have played. We had a heavy dose of top10 teams.

Flacco is more than capable of doing damage to average or below average defenses.

He has a lot of weapons this year. Our 2 tight-ends are second only to yours.

(Boldin, Smith, Evans, ****son, Pitta, Rice)

I am very interested in seeing what rush packages Pagano implements this game. That will be key.

9 sacks against the niners was no joke and the Ravens were leading the league 3/4 through the season then dropped off to 3rd the last 3 games.

Fair enough.

This season his passing percentage sucked more than any. He has digressed and its evident. He has 18 TDs and 12 INTs in the reg season. I hear he asked for an extension from the Ravens and they turned him down.

He lost 4 of his top 6 receivers(Mason#1, Heap#3, Houshmenzadeh#5, and McClain#6.)
His offensive line was put together the week before the first game.
His proposed#2 receiver Lee Evans, hurt his ankle in the last preseason game and missed the first 10 games
His top guard missed the first 6 weeks.
He had to really on a raw 2nd rd rookie receiver with the dropsies.

Of course his numbers dropped. He still helped his team win 12 games for the 2nd year in a row.

Furthermore, look at Brady's 4th year numbers compared to Flacco's. Almost exactley the same.

The Ravens are the Jets 2.0. Tough defense, erratic quarterback, reliance on the run game, turnovers and a short field to score points. We've seen this drill before. If the Patriots can avoid turnovers and muster some success running the ball, they should win.

He lost 4 of his top 6 receivers(Mason#1, Heap#3, Houshmenzadeh#5, and McClain#6.)
His proposed#2 receiver Lee Evans, hurt his ankle in the last preseason game and missed the first 10 games

Of course his numbers dropped. He still helped his team win 12 games for the 2nd year in a row.

Furthermore, look at Brady's 4th year numbers compared to Flacco's. Almost exactley the same.

Maybe, but Brady has already won a superbowl by his forth year, he proved hisself by that time. If it wasnt for Ray Rice, this guy wouldn't have half as many wins he has.

These are excuses. Sorry but they are, this is football and we all go through it. Our team has dealt with many more injuries than your team this season. I'm not saying Flacco is the worst QB ever, I'd take him over Sanchez anyday but he has digressed.

In Brady's 4th year the NFL wasn't nearly the passing league it is now. By that measurement, you could also say Flacco by his fourth year was a better QB than Joe Namath, Sonny Jurgensen, Troy Aikman, Brett Favre, and very similar to Joe Montana. It's not all about numbers, and even if it were, Brady was a 2-time Pro Bowler in his 4th year (3rd as a starter) and had led the league in TD passes in 2002. He was far more accomplished as a passer than Flacco ever was, even if we are discounting postseason success. And that's not even bringing into question the fact that young Brady had a lot less to work with on offense than Flacco has had so far, and it's not particularly close.

Joe isn't a bad quarterback, but he's very inconsistent and hasn't yet proven he can be the driving force behind his team's success. He's in pretty much the ideal situation for a young QB to succeed in and his career hasn't taken off yet. He' perfectly capable of making some throws and helping the Ravens win on Sunday, but if the Patriots can stop the run with reasonable effectiveness and put points on the board early, I'll gladly take my chances with Flacco having to win the game for the Ravens.

Last edited:
If you believe this than you must not watch the other games in the NFL.

Tom would play with flags if they let him.

I see WR's and QB's looking for flags all the time but when Brady does it it's somehow different. He never say's anything about illegal hit's at his pressers and defends players who've been called out for cheap shots. On the field players are trying to move the chains,.. so they look for a flag.

Nothing to do with being a pansy just moving the chains.

Meanwhile...Big Ben says he doesn't get flags much and doesn't ask for them...BS!!! I've watched him ask for flags many times, it's bad enough he hold's the ball for 5 minutes.

Vick's 8 minute monologue about how he doesn't get flags was also embarrassing, for a guy who runs around like a lead Back.

There's an article floating around here concerning the constant flags Brady gets and I believe he's in 30th place in that catagory.

Playing the flag card...:bricks:

Last edited:
There's an article floating around here concerning the constant flags Brady gets and I believe he's in 30th place in that catagory.

Yes, analysis has been done and it shows that Brady is on the low end of getting these calls per pass attempt. He's on the higher end in total calls, but given how often he drops back, he gets fewer than the average QB.

But like everything Patriots related, the facts won't be relevant to the fans from the other teams, and the haters. Camera-gate, BB as a human being, hiring McDaniels...it goes on and on. 50% pure lies, 49% info taken out of context, 1% semi truth.

Yes, you would surely know more about Tom Brady's on-field behavior than we, fans of the team who have watched him for 11 years, do. Stop spewing this kind of crap that doesn't have any substance behind it. He did it that one time against Baltimore in 2010, and Ravens fans think it's a frequent occurance.

Brady got annihilated by Dummervil and by London Fletcher this season, taking two of the most brutal hits a QB suffered in 2011, and he popped right back up, and even acknowledged after the game that those hits were great, clean plays. But sure, he cryed for a flag once so he must be a little ***** who does it all the time. Yeah, no one has ever seen QBs cry for flags before, nobody else in the league does it, but Brady.

You obviously don't watch enough Patriots games, otherwise you wouldn't be making this ******ed argument, so it's pretty ironic to criticize another poster for not watching other NFL games. But obviously, not every fan base can be blessed with a QB as manly and tough as Joe "why doesn't the media ever talk about me? sniff" Flacco.

I can't answer for Rob, but I DVR the upcoming opponent each week and watch at least four other games every week. Coaches, linemen, receivers, running backs, and defensive backs from every single team in the league call for flags on more plays than they don't.

In addition on the infamous play that opposing fans hold up as 'proof' you can see the ref reaching for his flag before Brady called for a penalty.

There are plenty of ticky-tack penalties called all across the league on a weekly basis (as well as non-calls that should have been made).

If the only thing you watch for is a flag that goes the Pats way, that is all you will see.
If the only thing you watch for is a flag that goes against the Ravens, that is all you will see.

If you honestly believe that the Patriots get preferential treatment, then it is because you are not watching games with an open mind.

If that's not the case, then your statement is just a poor attempt at trolling a rival team's message board.

When has Brady cried to the media about calls or been hit with unsportsmanlike penalties because they have complained about officiating?

Yes, analysis has been done and it shows that Brady is on the low end of getting these calls per pass attempt. He's on the higher end in total calls, but given how often he drops back, he gets fewer than the average QB.

But like everything Patriots related, the facts won't be relevant to the fans from the other teams, and the haters. Camera-gate, BB as a human being, hiring McDaniels...it goes on and on. 50% pure lies, 49% info taken out of context, 1% semi truth.

We're are these fact's on total calls? link?

Fewest penalties called in the league. That allows for defenses taking a more aggressive approach with receivers. It also allows for more holding by offensive linemen.

Thanks for explanation.

That sucks though!

Seems like every pats game i watch he comes across as a whiny pretty boy.

Look, if you're here just to post nonsense like that then your time is better spent on your home board.

Maybe, but Brady has already won a superbowl by his forth year, he proved hisself by that time. If it wasnt for Ray Rice, this guy wouldn't have half as many wins he has.

These are excuses. Sorry but they are, this is football and we all go through it. Our team has dealt with many more injuries than your team this season. I'm not saying Flacco is the worst QB ever, I'd take him over Sanchez anyday but he has digressed.

My point is that Brady was just as much the caretaker as Flacco is perceived to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes