PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bring back Randy Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
As a coach.

I'm not sure if he has hung them up officially but as soon as he does I would love to see them spend a few bucks to bring Moss back as an assistant WR coach to tutor Aaron Dobson. Dobson has all the tools to become a really good NFL WR but he is inconsistent gauging by camp reports, and I think Moss could really help him learn to play that WR position and make the most of the skills he has. Moss understood the Patriots offense from the moment he got there, and he knows how to use that frame to the greatest advantage and i think he could help Dobson in every way but the blocking aspect of the game. It doesn't have to be a long term engagement but Moss could ultimately get that ring he wants so bad in a role he never envisioned himself getting it.

Love the idea, but I think he has to be retired for a few years first.

I don't think he's accepted his age.

As a coach.

I'm not sure if he has hung them up officially but as soon as he does I would love to see them spend a few bucks to bring Moss back as an assistant WR coach to tutor Aaron Dobson. Dobson has all the tools to become a really good NFL WR but he is inconsistent gauging by camp reports, and I think Moss could really help him learn to play that WR position and make the most of the skills he has. Moss understood the Patriots offense from the moment he got there, and he knows how to use that frame to the greatest advantage and i think he could help Dobson in every way but the blocking aspect of the game. It doesn't have to be a long term engagement but Moss could ultimately get that ring he wants so bad in a role he never envisioned himself getting it.

Moss had the greatest season ever by a Patriot's WR. He was amazing in 2007. BUT, he has some bad habits I defeinitely don't want him teaching Dobson. The last few seasons he did a lot of alligator arms and pouting when he wasn't getting targeted.

Call me crazy, but I don't think Bill wants to bring in a coach type person to teach the youth, if that coach type person was a "Me First" diva as a player.

Also, not everyone who posesses a particular skill is capable of teaching it simply because they have it.

Several things:

• What makes anyone think he would be a mentor to any of the young WRs? Not even talking about the times in his career when he was selfish. I have never heard about him mentoring players ever. Some veteran just aren't good mentors even if they are great teammates. I would be hesistant to bring in Moss for the purpose of mentoring Dobson.
  • Moss basically shot his way out of San Francisco last year because he was not happy with his role with San Fran. I don't know if he would be happy being a back up on a team with a relatively inexperienced receiving corp like the Pats. He would expect to start here and he is no longer a starter.
  • I agree with the sentiment that Moss has yet to accept the fact that age is catching up to him. I think he feels he is still a 1,200 plus yard, 8-10 TD WR just waiting for his shot to prove it. In fairness to him, I would have trouble accepting that I was once the greatest WR in the game and now at best a decent back up.

Call me crazy, but I don't think Bill wants to bring in a coach type person to teach the youth, if that coach type person was a "Me First" diva as a player.

Also, not everyone who posesses a particular skill is capable of teaching it simply because they have it.

I agree with that. Most star WRs are horrible mentors because there seems to a natural narcissism that goes with the position. Look at Moss last year and he was complaining about his role the week before the 49ers were going to play in the Super Bowl.

Moss would have a ring of SF QB didn't wasn't a deer in headlights and actually threw to Moss, who was wide open all day. ALL DAY

I'd want Troy Brown or Deion Branch as a WR coach way before Randy Moss. The best players-turned-coaches are the ones that weren't overly athletic, but instead punched their ticket into the league by being technical, smart and savvy.

I would say Patten would be better.

As a coach.

What, in your wildest dreams, has you thinking Moss is capable of this? Or, that he even would want to? Personal discipline and dedication under adverse conditions was one of his major failings. Hardly coaching material. BB either would shoot him or himself.

If we should being any former Pat back as a coach it should be Bruschi. Moss was only on the team for what, 3 seasons? I think he's too much of a diva. I would much rather have a different WR coach than Moss.

Tebow to Moss Touchdown !!! I guess anything can happen right?

Apparently reading comprehension is a serious issue. I don't want Moss back as a player and I don't want him to be THE WR Coach, I want them to bring him in as an assistant tasked with tutoring Aaron Dobson. I realize it's unlikely but think he could help Dobson understand the offense and the way Brady runs it, and how to use his skills and body type to their best ability.

Is it a coincidence Crabtree's breakout year occurred with Moss on the 49ers?

If we want to bring back a former WR to coach the current WRs, why not bring back Troy Brown?

He truly played the "Patriot Way", never complained, played tough, and his teammates loved him. He seems like the perfect coach.

If we want to bring back a former WR to coach the current WRs, why not bring back Troy Brown?

He truly played the "Patriot Way", never complained, played tough, and his teammates loved him. He seems like the perfect coach.

Once again, I don't want him to be the WR coach, I want him to tutor Dobson, period, that's all.

Tebow to Moss Touchdown !!! I guess anything can happen right?

If Tebow ever steps on the field as patriots QB i will turn the game off.

vu2u6y4a.jpg

10char

They should have some sort of roster exemption like every player over 36 counts as only half a roster spot. :)

So in a blowout game, if Brady gets hurt because he is in during garbage time wouldn't you also be the first person to say you can't believe how stupid this FO is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST