PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brett Favre leads the league in TD passes and QB rating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Brett Favre leads the league in TD passes and QB rating

And when they actually face a defense that doesn't just stand around and look confused it will be the "offense is going through some growing pains argument".

Favre had one great game. Let's not get too far. Prior to last Sunday, I would have placed him as solid top 15-20 QB in the league this year. One game has radically changed a lot of people's impressions apparently, but even in his worst years Favre was able to put together a few All Pro caliber games. If he hucks the ball around like he did last Sunday, it is only a matter of time before he has a 3-4 INT game.

===================================================

I understand your point Robo, I have read the thread.

My point being is as of today Favre is a top 5 QB in the NFL, he might not finish the year out as a top 5, but his first 4 games have shown that he is adjusting and is getting in rhythm with his new team. He leads the league in QB rating, and some still feel he is overrated and not deserving of the AFC offensive player of the week. Well if his name was Brady you might feel different.

And my other point is that it is not all about stats. Intangibles do count, I am starting to believe, his team mates are starting to believe,
Woody talking about having a lot of fun this year. Who does that sound like?

Favre brings more then 6 TDs in 1 game to his team.

My point being is as of today Favre is a top 5 QB in the NFL, he might not finish the year out as a top 5, but his first 4 games have shown that he is adjusting and is getting in rhythm with his new team. He leads the league in QB rating, and some still feel he is overrated and not deserving of the AFC offensive player of the week. Well if his name was Brady you might feel different.

And my other point is that it is not all about stats. Intangibles do count, I am starting to believe, his team mates are starting to believe,

Pats fans are in denial. Last year the Pats beat up on crappy teams to start the year and now they are making excuses for the Jets doing the same thing against the Cards.

:D

Fact is that Favre is a damn good QB and always has been.

Last edited:

Pats fans are in denial. Last year the Pats beat up on crappy teams to start the year and now they are making excuses for the Jets doing the same thing against the Cards.

:D

LOL! From the guy who still thinks the Colts are an elite team in the AFC.

As for the Pats last year, they beat up on more than just one team last year. If they Jets beat up on a few more teams, I will admit I am wrong. Right now it was one game.

Guy is still at the top.

I kind of get embarrassed when I see posters on this board calling Favre "washed up, should of stayed retired, etc." Guy is a phenomenal player still, despite the fact he plays for the Rats.

Everytime the guy throws an incomplete pass this board blowing up with "Aha, good ol' Favre, probably regretting being back now!" just...stop. As far as his INTs go he has the same amount (4) as Cutler, Rivers, Romo, Brees and Peyton Manning do right now.

They went 2-2 in the first four games, as they were predicted to in the pre-season.

Jets are still a huge threat to us in the AFC East and can still win the division.
How can the Jets be a threat to a Jets fan? Stop pretending. Your act is getting old. Are you ashamed of your team or what?

Pats fans are in denial. Last year the Pats beat up on crappy teams
Yeah. Jets and Colts. But they also played and beat some good teams.

He has longevity, but he has sucked this decade except for last year. Except for beating up on the Cards, Favre hasn't done much. Two Hail Mary's against the Dolphins and then the Cards. Be still my heart.

Even then, the Cards scored 35. If it wasn't for 6 Warner turnovers, you'd have lost the game, but yeah, I agree that Favre should win every game the other team turns the ball over 6 times.

Statistically he is a top 5 QB. Based on what has been been played on the field so far this season, he is not a top 5 QB. He has not done as much as McNabb, Romo, Cutler, Rivers, Edwards, or Brees whether the stats say so or not. Those six QBs are having better seasons so far than Favre no matter what the stats say. Those six QBs have been more instrumental in their teams wins and not a detriment in their losses like Favre has.

Favre may have had the best game of the season, but he has been average to below average for most of the first quarter of the season.

LOL! From the guy who still thinks the Colts are an elite team in the AFC.

As for the Pats last year, they beat up on more than just one team last year. If they Jets beat up on a few more teams, I will admit I am wrong. Right now it was one game.

When did I say that Rob? No really. This thread has nothing to do with the Colts, your hate is clouding your judgement again.

Now earlier in this thread you basically said you would not give Favre credit based on 4 weeks only but why not? Favre has always been an elite QB and still is in most people's minds.

Statistically he is a top 5 QB. Based on what has been been played on the field so far this season, he is not a top 5 QB. He has not done as much as McNabb, Romo, Cutler, Rivers, Edwards, or Brees whether the stats say so or not. Those six QBs are having better seasons so far than Favre no matter what the stats say. Those six QBs have been more instrumental in their teams wins and not a detriment in their losses like Favre has.

Favre may have had the best game of the season, but he has been average to below average for most of the first quarter of the season.

Favre is allowed to keep playing no? He may be a top 5 QB by the end of the year.

Talk about jumping the gun after 4 games.The season is far from over.

I am not too high on the Jets with Favre anyway, but you cannot take anything away from Favre. I think if he finally gets comfortable with the new system he is in he may do quite well this year.

When did I say that Rob? No really. This thread has nothing to do with the Colts, your hate is clouding your judgement again.

Now earlier in this thread you basically said you would not give Favre credit based on 4 weeks only but why not? Favre has always been an elite QB and still is in most people's minds.

I am giving Favre credit based on 4 weeks. Based on his first four weeks with the Jets he is an average QB who is capable of having an All World performance now and again.

I am just not stupid enough to look at one game that skewed his entire first quarter stats and think it is indicative of how he has played the first four games. The guy has 12 TDs with half of them coming in one game. If he kept his average of 2 TDs a game from his first three games, he would be tied with three other QBs for fourth in TDs.

As for the Colts, you obviously have a thing in your craw for me because I am trying to let you see the harsh realities that the Colts are average to slightly above average since you have attacked me in two threads. It is your annoyance with me that is clouding your judgement.

Favre is allowed to keep playing no? He may be a top 5 QB by the end of the year.

Talk about jumping the gun after 4 games.The season is far from over.

I am not too high on the Jets with Favre anyway, but you cannot take anything away from Favre. I think if he finally gets comfortable with the new system he is in he may do quite well this year.

Ummm..... The entire theme of this thread is that the original poster pointed out that Favre is leading the the league in TDs and passer rating which makes him a top QB in the league.

Now you are getting on my case because you think that I should be arguing what I have been arguing all thread that it is too early to jump to conclusions on a player after 4 games. Well, thanks for agreeing with me even if you seem to not be smart enough to see it.

Ummm..... The entire theme of this thread is that the original poster pointed out that Favre is leading the the league in TDs and passer rating which makes him a top QB in the league.

The issue is that if a HOF qb is leading the league in TDs and passer rating why should he not be considered a top QB in the league after 4 games? Favre in my opinion is a top QB in this league regardless.He was a top QB going into the season and is one now.

Last edited:

The issue is that if a HOF qb is leading the league in TDs and passer rating why should he not be considered a top QB in the league after 4 games? Favre in my opinion is a top QB in this league regardless.He was a top QB going into the season and is one now.

Favre could throw 6 TD's in his next game or 6 Int's. That's what Favre is.

Last edited:

Why? Because I watched all the Jets games this year. That's why. He hasn't been playing all that well. Just because he played so well against Arizona doesn't change that he played poorly against the Pats and Chargers and so-so vs. the Dolphins.

Stats at this time of the year are bogus. Many players have only played 3 games which is an obvious disadvantage in the total TDs department. Favre doubled his TDs total in one game in week four that has put him on top. If he doubled his season TD total with one performance in week 17, even a 6 TD performance, he has had a miserable year. I don't get why this is so hard for people to understand. If Favre scored 12 TDs and they were spread out more evenly over the four games, maybe you would have a point.

Favre is a perfect example of how stats are misleading in football especially early in the season. Again, even Jets fans were questioning why the Jets acquired Favre before last Sunday. Now he is one of the best QBs in the game after one week. From a big mistake to a top performer in one week, and I am not giving the guy credit for his first quarter performance? Are we really going to dumb down our analysis that much just to look at stats and not actual performances on the field?

Why? Because I watched all the Jets games this year. That's why. He hasn't been playing all that well. Just because he played so well against Arizona doesn't change that he played poorly against the Pats and Chargers and so-so vs. the Dolphins.

Stats at this time of the year are bogus. Many players have only played 3 games which is an obvious disadvantage in the total TDs department. Favre doubled his TDs total in one game in week four that has put him on top. If he doubled his season TD total with one performance in week 17, even a 6 TD performance, he has had a miserable year. I don't get why this is so hard for people to understand. If Favre scored 12 TDs and they were spread out more evenly over the four games, maybe you would have a point.

Favre is a perfect example of how stats are misleading in football especially early in the season. Again, even Jets fans were questioning why the Jets acquired Favre before last Sunday. Now he is one of the best QBs in the game after one week. From a big mistake to a top performer in one week, and I am not giving the guy credit for his first quarter performance? Are we really going to dumb down our analysis that much just to look at stats and not actual performances on the field?

You took a poll with Jets fans?

You took a poll with Jets fans?

No, but I did look at a few Jets message boards.

No, but I did look at a few Jets message boards.

You are a great asset to the board and one of my favorite posters,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but, your always saying stuff like the Jet fans wanted this or that and when you do you are rarely accurate. I can find post on this board saying Cassel is going to take the Pats to the SB and be better then Tom, and others that say BB is done and should be fired. Doesn't mean these few represent the majority.

You are a great asset to the board and one of my favorite posters,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but, your always saying stuff like the Jet fans wanted this or that and when you do you are rarely accurate. I can find post on this board saying Cassel is going to take the Pats to the SB and be better then Tom, and others that say BB is done and should be fired. Doesn't mean these few represent the majority.

I don't usually side with Portland OR based Jets fans.. but in this case i'm going to make an exception

You are comparing the lunatic fringe with a sizable part of the a fan base even if it wasn't a majority. Now I never said it wasn't the over reaction of a loss. I also admit many posters were slamming Schottenheimer and Mangini more by questioning why they would get Favre and have such a conservative gameplan.

My point was never to make it that Jets fans don't think Favre will be successful, but that even Jets fans felt before the the Arizona game that Favre was having a bad year up to that point.

BTW, thanks for the complement. I am incapable of complimenting a Jets fan or I might have thrown a compliment back your way. ;-)

Last edited:

and my FANTASY boyz laughed at me when I drafted him in the 1st round....WHOS laughin now..hahahahahahahha,,,

Based on that rationale, Peyton Manning is either only the 19th (TD) best QB in the NFL, or the 24th (QB rating) best in the NFL, nine slots behind Matt Cassel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case