PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breer leaving the Dark Side

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't buy what he is selling. I do not believe he was moved off the Patriots beat because of that KC press conference. There's more to the story he isn't telling and since he isn't telling it, it probably makes him look bad.

Poor, poor victimized Bert Breer the victim of some unnamed nefarious plot.. pulled off the Patriots for asking a question?? Heard him many times on 98.5, do not remember anything he ever said which was that controversial.

Breer is a jag...

look forward to his work at mmqb

breer always set the standard pretty high

hopefully they will give him free rein.....that was the problem at nfl network.....they stifled him

I anticipated taking some heat by supporting Albert Breer. Not a problem. Those who have read my posts about reporters and analysts know I can be pretty unrelenting about guys who twist the truth or have an anti-Patriots bias as their starting point - Shank, Borges, Mortensen (I hope he is recovering from his cancer), and the legion of former players who pose as journalists but who refuse to read the Deflategate reports or who insist on repeating the myths about Spygate. Breer is not one of those guys (and women.)

Breer did his best work at Boston.com and the Globe before he went for the money and TV exposure with the NFL. His departure is good news.

Here's an example of Breer calling out the Patriots for looking the other way on Aaron Hernandez from 2010: Patriots draft pick Hernandez failed marijuana tests - The Boston Globe

Last edited:
Those who have read my posts about reporters and analysts know I can be pretty unrelenting about guys who twist the truth or have an anti-Patriots bias as their starting point...Breer is not one of those guys (and women.)

"The delusion is strong in this one."

Breer is a smarmy, whiny, thin-skinned, give-it-but-can't-take it, agenda-ridden hack azzhole with an anti-NE bee up his rectum and has been since he was at the Globe.

Belichick treats Albert with complete contempt for good reason.

Last edited:
"The delusion is strong in this one."

Breer is a smarmy, whiny, thin-skinned, give-it-but-can't-take it, agenda-ridden hack azzhole with an anti-NE bee up his rectum and has been since he was at the Globe.

Belichick treats him with complete contempt for good reason.

"The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner. Now I am the master."

That's how he would see it... In reality, someone somewhere in the NFL HQ likely just barely had a high enough IQ to realize that Breer's questions to Belichick were idiotic and making NFLN look stupid, so they moved him.
It's a god damn shame the Boston media doesn't ask him good questions aside from Reiss and Curran. His best interviews come from opposing media. I remember him going on a long story about Paul Brown (think it was him) when the Cincy press interviewed him.

I anticipated taking some heat by supporting Albert Breer. Not a problem. Those who have read my posts about reporters and analysts know I can be pretty unrelenting about guys who twist the truth or have an anti-Patriots bias as their starting point - Shank, Borges, Mortensen (I hope he is recovering from his cancer), and the legion of former players who pose as journalists but who refuse to read the Deflategate reports or who insist on repeating the myths about Spygate. Breer is not one of those guys (and women.)

Breer did his best work at Boston.com and the Globe before he went for the money and TV exposure with the NFL. His departure is good news.

Here's an example of Breer calling out the Patriots for looking the other way on Aaron Hernandez from 2010: Patriots draft pick Hernandez failed marijuana tests - The Boston Globe
All that article says is he smoked pot and a third of the draft class had issues with it too.

One unnamed NFL coach estimated that “one-third’’ of players on his draft board had some sort of history with marijuana use that required “an extra level of evaluation’’ as part of the scouting process.

If he liked to smoke, that would probably put him in a lot of NFL company. Probably better than drinking on your body.

Murdering people, now that would be a bad sign. There's also no indication he sold it [probably did].

The Patriots knowingly gambled on a talent who flunked a test and seemed to admit he had a problem. Would have been a great gamble if that's all it was.

All that article says is he smoked pot and a third of the draft class had issues with it too.

If he liked to smoke, that would probably put him in a lot of NFL company. Probably better than drinking on your body.

Murdering people, now that would be a bad sign. There's also no indication he sold it [probably did].

The Patriots knowingly gambled on a talent who flunked a test and seemed to admit he had a problem. Would have been a great gamble if that's all it was.

That was actually a decent bit of reporting by Breer whose previous "tales of the Tape" was fun reading for us less expert football fans. The article did not have a smarmy tone; it simply cited facts.

What happened to the guy?

I started to read it but I was distracted by the link to the "10 Important Things Women Should Know About Menopause" article.

He's claiming the league transferred him off the Patriots beat to protect the Patriots??? WTF???

Watch this clip of the press conference and Belichick's "Do your job" explanation of what transpired, and I'd have to say that Breer simply made the NFL network look stupid

Bear in mind, this is the next day - he did the post-game press conference but Breer wants to re-hash everything

Bill Belichick Talks Infamous 'We're On To Cincinnati' Moment In New 'Do Your Job' Clip

Belichick is going to be MORE than happy to talk about Cinci - but made clear he's done with the previous week

I'm not quite sure what was going through Breer's head. That's pretty dumb-ass "reporting" and he only makes a mockery of himself ultmately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
Back