PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breer: Hernandez failed drug tests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of here appear to be very naive.

I'd prefer not to name names but I'm a local Foxboro resident and I work at a gas station just a few miles from the stadium. I have personally sold Zig Zag Blunt Wraps, Game Cigars, and Swisher Sweet Cigarillos to a few current Patriots Players, especially the younger ones.

I don't really think that it's necessarily against the "Patriot Way" or anything like that as long as they keep their noses clean during the season and don't let it get in their way

he openly admitted using it though, during the season...that's not good P.R. and the NFL had to crack the whip

He failed tests four separate times at least three of them for marijuana leading to a four game suspension and a year suspension, they fined him on the second and third time and game him a four game suspension for the third failed test and a year suspension for the fourth- they didn't crack the whip, that was what the suspensions were for violating the policy was then.

Williams though, lost a whole year due to the suspension, then another year due to "finding himself" after his third failed test, and a quarter of the season from his third failed test. Instead of looking at a potential 12 to 13 thousand yard Hall of Fame career he may be just another great who falls short. This or worse could happen to Hernandez if he doesn't get his act together and get help in a different, more healthy and helpful way.

I love the pick, but this does alarm me. The commish comes down hard on this type of stuff. Now if he smoked his brains out for a period of time, but now he's not attracted to the stuff, it will be OK. But if he just straightened himself out for the combine test, but has the urge to smoke again. We're in trouble. The scary part was he got caught numerous times at florida. should'nt he have learned after the 1st time, or does he enjoy the stuff to much. We'll soon see, but I'm hoping the kid runs straight

It is a story because he fell to the fourth round because of it.

I can't blame Breer for reporting it. There had to be a reason why he fell to the 4th and Breer illuminated it for us. If the kid can stay off the stuff and not get suspended he may be a real find for the Pats.

I'm suprized that Breer didn't mention how smart the Jet's are for not drafting Hernandez. It is little annonying, Breer coming up this story after him and his boy (Gasper) bloging about what a great job the Jet's done in the draft and how the Patriots' are failing to their expections. These guys are becoming the next John Tomasse's... desparately trying to get attention.

Many of here appear to be very naive.

I'd prefer not to name names but I'm a local Foxboro resident and I work at a gas station just a few miles from the stadium. I have personally sold Zig Zag Blunt Wraps, Game Cigars, and Swisher Sweet Cigarillos to a few current Patriots Players, especially the younger ones.

I don't really think that it's necessarily against the "Patriot Way" or anything like that as long as they keep their noses clean during the season and don't let it get in their way

Which gas station is that? I know all of them.

I'm sick of these athletes smoking the devil's weed. They're ruining America.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to pop a couple vicodin, pound a 6 pack of Bud Diesel, and pass out in the street.

So we were able to snag a really talented TE because he committed the cardinal sin of smoking weed in college? I'd say that worked out pretty well for the Pats.

I'm sick of these athletes smoking the devil's weed. They're ruining America.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to pop a couple vicodin, pound a 6 pack of Bud Diesel, and pass out in the street.

Don't forget your Ambien! Never sleepdrive without it~

Breer, Felger, Borges, D & C.. quite a trend, just another contrarian making a few bucks.

IMO no big deal, confident Pats have discussed this extensively with him, if he f's up he will be gone.. amazing how a few million $$$ can help motivate change.

Welcome to New England Hernandez. You have just met the wonderful Boston media. They are awesome. Now keep your nose clean and they might leave you alone.

Welcome to New England Hernandez. You have just met the wonderful Boston media. They are awesome. Now keep your nose clean and they might leave you alone.

Boston Media Rule #1, for every offside, wrong route or dropped pass will be due to that evil weed...

Boston Media Rule #2, BB f..ed up another draft by reaching for thugs...

Boston Media Rule #3, repeat this daily on the Felger, D & C Show or write it daily on the Borges column... and then the lemmings will believe it.

With medical marijuana becoming USED and legal in many states...Goodell will have to change his rules some or there could be some legal challenges...Breer is just a snot nosed smug hole IMO...he use dto be good..but after Dallas..his head is ready to explode

So the Pats draft a guy who fell in the draft because he failed drug tests in college. As a result of his college behavior, he can be tested more frequently than other NFL players. You guys really think that isn't news?

Sometimes the media persecution complex on this board is out of control.

If he catches the ball when its thrown to him, i don't care if he's smoking it on the sidelines. Personally i hate drugs, but at the end of the day i care more about the Pats winning :D

Last edited:
So the Pats draft a guy who fell in the draft because he failed drug tests in college. As a result of his college behavior, he can be tested more frequently than other NFL players. You guys really think that isn't news?

Sometimes the media persecution complex on this board is out of control.

I agree. It is a story, and it is his job to report it.

I think, for me, it's not a big deal unless he's reckless in his use going forward.He now has a team of people that will be depending on him to be accountable.

However, the use itself is not alarming. Allot of college kids (and plenty of adults) use. If you spend 5 min of time researching the con's of pot compared to booze, booze is a hell of alot worse. Pot even has proven medical benefits.

Don't want to condone any use. Just saying if your one to be upset about this, and then go to the bar and pound a ton of beers, then your kind of a hypocrite.

....And before the "it's illegal" ppl come out of the woodwork, do somwe research why it's illegal in the first place. Hemp made the unfortunate mistake of being a viable alternative to paper products and a threat to the big wigs that made money from it.

I thought this was a pretty good posting from the AllThingsBB Twitter account:

"Not to ever excuse alleged +drug tests but I bet Pats could leak player dirt to other teams' bottomfeeding media. Teams must still be scared"

Why do they even bother with this anymore?

Cannabis isn't an issue with athletes. Look at all the world records Michael Phelps set, and the two more since the Olympics. He had his picture taken hitting a ROOR bong, which isn't for lightweights or "first timers".

As long as it doesn't affect his preparation who cares?

Its an issue in the NFL.

If he tests positive for pot or a masking agent, then Hernadez is subject to random drug tests like Terry Glenn was.

If only weed was legal, this wouldn't even be a big deal. I'd rather have players smoke pot anyways, problems from marijuana pale in comparison to alcohol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe