PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breaking News we got Stallworth..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad signing.

There is no way - No Way - that I would give him anything more than a one year, incentive-laden contract. To me, he has to prove that he can stay healthy, and clean.

Where the eff are the effin ILBs and DBs? I can hear it now: "We can't pay everyone...We'll have guys returning to health...We couldn't agree to terms...blah blah blah..."

Dante Stallworth is not my idea of a Patriot. He's here because of one thing, and one thing only - The Money. Or have ye forgotten who his agent is?

Again I ask: Where are the effin ILBs and effin DBs?

Exactly which ones did you want them to sign? Unless you can come with the exact players they should have signed, you're throwing pebbles in the pond to create a ripple.

I think AD is a LB,isn't he?

Exactly which ones did you want them to sign? Unless you can come with the exact players they should have signed, you're throwing pebbles in the pond to create a splash.

I think AD is a LB,isn't he?

Any people seem to forget that retaining Asante is important too...

FWIW, according to ESPN he is coming to us for 6 years.

http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/nfl/index

BREAKING NEWS Alert
Stallworth, Patriots agree to deal
Free-agent receiver Donte' Stallworth has agreed to terms with the Patriots on a six-year contract, a league source tells ESPN.com's Michael Smith. Financial terms are not yet known. The Dolphins, Titans and Eagles also were seeking to sign Stallworth.

Holy crap...now I have to eat my never been washed 96 pats afc championship hat.....did NOT see this one coming in any way.....I better get some hot sauce!!!

So we got 2 of the top 10 fA according to Len P of ESPN.??? !! And who says the Pats dont spend the money...:rolleyes:
doing a good redskins impression like i said

there is a reason teams don't do well after 'winning' the free agency period, we'll see if the pats continue that trend or break it.

Bad signing.

There is no way - No Way - that I would give him anything more than a one year, incentive-laden contract. To me, he has to prove that he can stay healthy, and clean.

Where the eff are the effin ILBs and DBs? I can hear it now: "We can't pay everyone...We'll have guys returning to health...We couldn't agree to terms...blah blah blah..."

Dante Stallworth is not my idea of a Patriot. He's here because of one thing, and one thing only - The Money. Or have ye forgotten who his agent is?

Again I ask: Where are the effin ILBs and effin DBs?
you are hilarious, what are tou thinking man? im sure they checked him out who else do you want to play reciever, great signing great offseason, and i think you are stoned captain

I'm talking playmakers, baby!!! Time to strech the field with Stallworth and Welker. 25 and 26 year old veterans in their prime baby!!! Separation, Yards after catch, double teams......and with Watson, one of fastest TE in league, and the Gator boys - there should be less 8 in the box, giving Brady more time and Maroney more running room (I predict he will have a Steven Jackson breakout year).....19-0 might be possible.....

there is a reason teams don't do well after 'winning' the free agency period, we'll see if the pats continue that trend or break it.
differece is pats have a good nucleaus and are addind good players, the skins have a crappy team and sign duds

BB is signing guys quicker than I do in madden, speaking of madden I all ready put Welker and Thomas on the Pats and I was waiting for Stallworth and know I am going to start a new season. I probably should wait till the Pats are done but wow.

Gigiddy Gigiddy Gigiddy

Any trade value for Bam, Reche, Jabbar &/or Kight? Even a middle-round draft pick? We can't keep them all, especially if Troy & CJ come back.

differece is pats have a good nucleaus and are addind good players, the skins have a crappy team and sign duds
we'll see once the 07 season begins, stallworth is a big walking hamstring issue from what i remember. the only real difference so far is you guys still kept your draft picks which is great.

like i said though, free agency winners = regular season losers usually

we'll see if that trend gets broken.

So, to sum it up:

Seattle: Branch. 6 yrs 39 mill. 13 mill guaranteed + 1ST ROUND PICK TO NE
NE: Stallworth. 6 yrs 30 mill 12 mill guaranteed

Approx. same career numbers.

I like.

Bingo, we have bingo!!!

Young, talented players signed to long term contracts - What an offseason, we are the redskins with a brain!!

Last edited:
Over the same time span he has played in one more game than Deon Branch...:)

He is not really more of a health concern than any WR.

Well I think that this is a big point in comparing Deion and Donte....Deion wasn't exactly the picture of health during his years on the team....he was injured alot as well.....What were Donte's injuries...and how many games did he miss? thx

Bingo, we have bingo!!!

Young, talented players signed to long term contracts - What an offseason, we are the redskins with a brain!!
still gotta prove it during 07 season, free agent winners rarely do.

I disagree with that analogy. Many of the signings by the Redskins were made to players like Bruce Smith who was done. Also they did it in an era of the salary cap where it only increased marginally from year-to-year. Yes we are spending big $$, but guess what we had 26 million to spend. You get no benefit from not spending it, to my knowledge any excess does not carry over into next year. Furthermore the deal they struck with Thomas looked like it was very cap friendly throughout because of the expected Salary cap rise, therefore I can't believe that all of the deals they are handing out aren't the same. They have been fiscally prudent since BB joined the org and I don't see that changing. They have an abundance of cash to spend this year and they are doing for the best F/A's available this year. They just upgraded the LB's, WR's and had a push at RB. The overall TE situation may have been downgraded slightly but it might even be a push. Now they have 2 first rounders to go too. They are nothing like the Redskins and suggest as much is to not understand how they are spending the money vs that they are just wildly spending the money.

I disagree with that analogy. Many of the signings by the Redskins were made to players like Bruce Smith who was done. Also they did it in an era of the salary cap where it only increased marginally from year-to-year. Yes we are spending big $$, but guess what we had 26 million to spend. You get no benefit from not spending it, to my knowledge any excess does not carry over into next year. Furthermore the deal they struck with Thomas looked like it was very cap friendly throughout because of the expected Salary cap rise, therefore I can't believe that all of the deals they are handing out aren't the same. They have been fiscally prudent since BB joined the org and I don't see that changing. They have an abundance of cash to spend this year and they are doing for the best F/A's available this year. They just upgraded the LB's, WR's and had a push at RB. The overall TE situation may have been downgraded slightly but it might even be a push. Now they have 2 first rounders to go too. They are nothing like the Redskins and suggest as much is to not understand how they are spending the money vs that they are just wildly spending the money.
we'll see during the 07 season

any free agent winner is the redskins , till they break that trend

it's just history in the salary cap era, it is what it is, till you actually prove otherwise.

i know though, "because it's the pats spending, it must be good" i'd probably be saying the same thing if my team had to sign a bunch of FAs

we'll see during the 07 season

any free agent winner is the redskins , till they break that trend

it's just history in the salary cap era, it is what it is, till you actually prove otherwise.

i know though, "because it's the pats spending, it must be good" i'd probably be saying the same thing if my team had to sign a bunch of FAs

Yeah, because the Saints really tanked last year.

Last edited:
team chemistry is pretty important too, but i mean, these guys all may mesh together well, we'll see

it's just funny how you guys used to laugh at teams who "won free agency" because they were all excited without even playing a game.

One thing almost all the NFL experts agreed on: Of all the WR's on the market this spring, including Moss, the #1 best fit for the Patriots was Donte Stallworth.

Yeah, because the Saints really tanked last year.
saints got one real FA contributor , most of their success was through the draft.

still gotta prove it during 07 season, free agent winners rarely do.

there is a diference our smart spending prior has put us in the position where this is possible hence I say Redskins with a brain. We are adding to a championship team not the skins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe