PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breaking News we got Stallworth..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out my post number and figure out how I will celebrate this signing

You know what just hit me we still have two number 1s, 19-0 here we come :rocker:

Just as long as we get HFA. I think that was a contributing factor last year and we have a nasty schedule this year.

Reche seemed to do fine with Brady throwing him the ball.:D
well brady is the best qb in the nfl, he had trouble with brees throwing him the ball

but i don't have to tell you reche's problems, you're well aware (concentration)

Before the 2003 season, I'm pretty sure we "won" free agency that year as well by signing the best LB on the market in Colvin, and Rodney? I think I recall the team doing pretty well that year...

we'll see during the 07 season

any free agent winner is the redskins , till they break that trend

it's just history in the salary cap era, it is what it is, till you actually prove otherwise.

How do you determine who the "Free Agency Winner" is? Please show me your historical evidence to support your conclusion. Otherwise, STFU.

i know though, "because it's the pats spending, it must be good" i'd probably be saying the same thing if my team had to sign a bunch of FAs

The Pats signed 23 free agents in 2000 and 17 in 2001 because their salary cap was out of whack. Since then, they've signed 4-10 (including udfa) each year. So what. That's pretty normal if you actually looked around the league.

Last edited:
still gotta prove it during 07 season, free agent winners rarely do.

I think we already proved it last year when we were a play away from another championship.

Like previous posters have stated most " FA Winners" are usually teams that arent very good who add a lot of talent and it doesnt work out. We are already a championship caliber team. We just added to that. Thats the difference.

But please repeat again the same line again. because it isnt obvious that the only reason you are positing that is to try and irk patriot fans.

Is Branch a wasted player????

Over the same time period

Stallworth has played in 1 more game, averaged 2 ypc better, has 10 more TD's, more yards and signed for less money...:confused:
yeah, it does look like branch is crap out of NE

or seattle just doesn't know how to use him

he doesn't seem to be a threat with them at all.

Check out my post number and figure out how I will celebrate this signing

You know what just hit me we still have two number 1s, 19-0 here we come :rocker:

Congrats on the milestone. I'm sure Stallworth is celebrating as well.....

Before the 2003 season, I'm pretty sure we "won" free agency that year as well by signing the best LB on the market in Colvin, and Rodney? I think I recall the team doing pretty well that year...
we cut rodney and you guys turned him into gold, but you had better coaching than we did back then (easily)

you guys back then could have probably drafted sammy davis and turned him into a shutdown cb haha.

didn't you guys have a hs teacher fill in on one playoff run?

this FA period you guys are having now is much bigger compared to 03

doing a good redskins impression like i said

there is a reason teams don't do well after 'winning' the free agency period, we'll see if the pats continue that trend or break it.

Yawn, if you can't see the difference between a team that is a perenial contender/winner and reloads, to a team that never wins anything and throws money at mediocre players, then you're opinion is worthless.

still gotta prove it during 07 season, free agent winners rarely do.

You're a Chargers fan, so you should know a lot about not proving anything.

I think we already proved it last year when we were a play away from another championship.

Like previous posters have stated most " FA Winners" are usually teams that arent very good who add a lot of talent and it doesnt work out. We are already a championship caliber team. We just added to that. Thats the difference.

But please repeat again the same line again. because it isnt obvious that the only reason you are positing that is to try and irk patriot fans.
yeah but 07 is a new season, what you did last year won't matter, gotta do it again right? ( i mean isn't that what you tell the colts?)

Yawn, if you can't see the difference between a team that is a perenial contender/winner and reloads, to a team that never wins anything and throws money at mediocre players, then you're opinion is worthless.

You're a Chargers fan, so you should know a lot about not proving anything.
hey we'll see if you're right as the season progresses

The media will probably be able to interview either Scott Pioli or BB in Florida as they are both due to attend the Red Sox Spring training today. If Scott Pioli is in Florida, I wonder if the negotiations with Rosenhaus were face to face?

well, at least we got a receiver. We can put to rest much of drama surrounding this position for the Pats.

I am actually not ecstatic about the terms of the Stallworth deal.

It won't be hard to win me over though.

Until the REAL numbers come out on Stallworth's deal, I'm not going to bother to form an opinion on it. But this I can say:

Wow.

The Patriots entered the offseason with two holes in their starting lineup, at LB and WR. They filled them with:

Adalius Thomas
Wes Welker
Donte Stallworth

!!!

All young vets ready to step in and contribute immediately, and for the long term. And they still have 2 #1 draft picks.

Wow.

the cool thing this seems to let the pats do is draft BPA

hell they may even make a package deal to move up and get laron landry, now that would be a great move.

Wow.

This certainly seems to spell the end for Troy Brown though. Hopefully he'll be content to ride the shadow roster, sure would be nice to have him as an injury replacement.

So say we all!

you'll have the answer at the end of the 07 season if you're this years redskins or not

get happy now, but , not one single game has been played yet.

i'm just surprised you guys are getting so happy over free agent signings, it seems so unlike you, i guess it's because it's been a while since you made a 'splash'

WOW. You really don't have a clue as to what you are talking about.

Why are you here? Is it because you are scared about how much your team is going to tank with Schottenheimer, Cameron and Phillips gone as your coaches and now you have to rely on NORV TURNER (*stiffles a laugh*) to be your HC?

We are happy because we know the type of players we are getting in K.Brady, Wes Welker, Thomas and Morris. We also have a fairly good idea what we are getting in Stallworth.

And, yes, ON PAPER, we look to be better. Yes, it will be decided during the season. Yes, some over-enthusiastic fans are getting excited and talking SB, but I am not one of them. I like the moves and feel that they improve this team significantly. But I still have concerns. I am concerned about the RT position and whether or not one of the 4 guys we have can step up and take hold and not get injured. I have concerns about the Pats depth at LB. I have concerns about the Pats depth at CB and Safety.

We are by no means a complete product and its foolish of anyone to be judging this team. And that includes YOU.

And the deal could be backloaded so that he is in effect working for $4M per initally which is what that $12M would represent over the first 3 years of the deal.

Nitpick -- even minimum salary is non-zero, and in fact quite a bit of dough. So add that to the bonus pro-ration.

Wow. I haven't seen this board light up so fast on a subject in two hours in a long time.

Now that the dust has settled (if two hours is enought time for dust to settle), it looks like we got Stallworth, whose stats, as has been already observed, are comparable to Branch's, for about the same money and guarantees that Seattle paid Branch last year.

The upsides are that we now have another First Round pick, we didn't negotiate with someone who was holding out and we came within a first down of getting back to the SB anyway. The downsides arer that Branch was a proven commodity in the Patriots' system, last season was a lot harder for TB and the offense than it would have been had we held onto Deion (there's been enough speculation about what "would have been" had we inked him) and we're adding a new player who apparently has some off-field "issues."

On balance, I'm pleased that we got Stallworth, but also a little wary that we have to wait and see how this all plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes