PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breaking News we got Stallworth..

Status
Not open for further replies.
47 catches and 6 TDs from a stretch the field 4.3 forty guy is something the Pats have been trying to add to mix since Belichick got here. #1WR said:
I couldn't agree more. I laugh every time I read Welker is a number 3. In Brady's mind you are a open receiver and that's all that ever mattered to him.
I'm sure he will enjoy Stallworth as his deep threat.

Laurance Maroney should be delighted with this move - as others have alluded to, this will stop safeties camping at the LOS.

We have a highly motivated burner playing with the best QB in the NFL - Brady will be a happy man this year.

All Hail the FO!

All Hail the FO!

Laurance Maroney should be delighted with this move - as others have alluded to, this will stop safeties camping at the LOS.

We have a highly motivated burner playing with the best QB in the NFL - Brady will be a happy man this year.

All Hail the FO!

All Hail the FO!

hail to the chiefs oh wait no hail to the patriots

Holy crap...now I have to eat my never been washed 96 pats afc championship hat.....did NOT see this one coming in any way.....I better get some hot sauce!!!

I remember your promise, but in the giddiness of the moment and in the spirit of foregiveness, I would like, on behalf of Patsfans.com, to publicly offer you a pardon. You will be required only to toast Stallworth with a quality ale of your choice, or with a marguerita at your favorite Mexican restaurant, sometime before March is out. If you happen to be a teatotaler, a cup of Assam tea will do.

Not at all. I don't see any panic moves with what we have done.

Maybe if we had overpaid one of those O-Linemen that were going around, yeah that would be panic. The only signing that remotely screams of concern would be getting KBrady to replace Graham. Other than that, all upgrades.

Perhaps we let Graham get away because with all these WRs, we'll be lucky to get one TE on the field, let alone two!

"The last New England player to average more than 19 yards per catch in a season of at least 35 receptions was the Steamer, Stanley Morgan, who averaged 19.5 yards per catch in 1985."

I'm sure this was quoted already. But this is a VERY significant statisitc. Not just for the wide recievers but indicative of the QB's in the last 20 years for this team. Especially for those that doubt the brillance of Steve Grogan. Let's hope Tom and Donte can get close to this number...

Go Pats!

Last edited:
Exactly which ones did you want them to sign? Unless you can come with the exact players they should have signed, you're throwing pebbles in the pond to create a ripple.

I think AD is a LB,isn't he?

In previous LB and DB threads, I listed some available FAs from both position groups. But it's 2am, and I'm too sleepy to do the research.

AD is indeed a LB - an OLB; we still need an ILB.

...and i think you are stoned captain

I wish I were; the memory of 32 points allowed in the 2nd half of The Worst Game in the History of the NEP would then sting a little less.

One thing almost all the NFL experts agreed on: Of all the WR's on the market this spring, including Moss, the #1 best fit for the Patriots was Donte Stallworth.

Based on what?

Of all the WRs on the market this spring, the #1 best fit for the NEP was Drew Bennett.

The Patriots entered the offseason with two holes in their starting lineup, at LB and WR.

The hole at ILB was - and still is - bigger than the hole at OLB was. That hole still hasn't been filled - yet.

Don't forget the hole at FS; Hawkins deteriorated before our eyes, and Wilson is undependable.

I did watch a little Iggles Football last season after living in Philly for 12-YEARS you still do pay attention. I would just like to say that Donte is a VERY FRIGGIN GOOD WR!

A GREAT pickup for the team!

And to the SD troll. STFU! You should be more worried about the Donkee FA signings than anything the Pats have done. Go over to those boards and bother them.

You are just a sore loser.

I would rather have Patrick Willis roaming the inside...:D

So would I, with a quality vet FA ILB alongside him.

My best-case first round, ass-u-ming nobody unexpected slides:
#24 - Patrick Willis
#28 - Michael Griffin

You're a bandwagoner from Socal - I live in L.A. and listened to the sportstalk ALL WEEK leading up to the game v. SD. You people were convinced the Pats shouldn't even step on the field. That it would be a blow-out. Sorry, ****y losers. It's the PATRIOTS you were dealing with. Brady, Belichick. Eat it, troll.

Chill out, dude. The man has been polite the entire thread, and has given us credit where credit is due.

Besides, Brady didn't exactly play a perfect 60 minutes. Thanks, Marty.

Can someone please add a colon or something to the title?

FTR, I don't like this signing AT ALL unless there are some serious protections built in. That's a TON of money for a guy in the substance abuse program, no matter how "harmless" (which it never is anyway) the situation may appear. It's also a TON of money for a guy who been a disappointment since he was drafted and who had only 38 catches last year.

Now you're talking...

I hate to pat myself on the back, but since no one else did....;) Somewhere back on page 7 or 8 of this thread, I mentioned that once the details of the contract come out, it wouldn't ACTUALLY be a 6 year $5MM/yr deal, but rather someting UNDER $4MM/yr early in the contract.

The reality: The Pats get Stallworth for a MAXIMUM cost of $3.4MM in 2007. Now if they choose to keep him for 2008 there were be a huge cost, but the bottom line is that we have him on the cheap for a year. This now becomes a real no brainer.

BTW- if Stalworth has a great year and the Pats decide to keep him, they can redo the contract to spread the cap consequence out more evenly. Good deal for Stallworth, GREAT deal for the Pats

Good job, PFK.

Signing Stallworth to a one-year, $3.6M deal makes a lot more sense. The rest of the contract is phoney-baloney, if the Smith story is true. There is no way that Stallworth will be given $11M in 2008.

I'm convinced that the $11 million second year of the contract is totally renegotiable.

Basically Rosenhaus is putting his guy in the shop window for a bargain bucket price but needs to save face by tacking on numbers to the end of the deal that will never come to fruition.

It has similarities with the Nate Clements deal - the real value of which is a long way away from the $80million/8years that was released to the press.

I also think that the fact the story of the Stallworth deal broke with vastly inflated figures is no coincidence - in the back of their minds alot of people are still thinking that the Patriots have taken some type of risk with this deal - the reality is they are about as well protected as is possible.

I'll look for a long term deal to be offered to Stallworth based upon his performance this year but it wont be anything like $11million in the second year.

13,500 Views On This Post ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes