PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breaking News we got Stallworth..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outside of Edgerton Hartwell, I think you'll have to wait until draft day...

Agreed.

I actually think Seau will be back too, but only after the 10% chance that the Pats draft an LB high doesn't come to fruition.

Difference between the Skins and the Pats is that the Skins overpaid mediocore players like Brandon Llyod and Randel El. Stallworth & Welker are certainly better than those two.

Check out my post number and figure out how I will celebrate this signing

You know what just hit me we still have two number 1s, 19-0 here we come :rocker:

PERSONAL FOUL...Excessive celebration!!! Unless of course you share with the group.

Imagine, two #'1's to go along with all these awesome players...just look at this list one more time:

AD Thomas
Donte Stallworth
Wes Welker
Sammy Morris
Kyle Brady

These are experienced, high character (err we'll see about Donte) / high production guys that should fit right in.

WOW. You really don't have a clue as to what you are talking about.

Why are you here? Is it because you are scared about how much your team is going to tank with Schottenheimer, Cameron and Phillips gone as your coaches and now you have to rely on NORV TURNER (*stiffles a laugh*) to be your HC?

We are happy because we know the type of players we are getting in K.Brady, Wes Welker, Thomas and Morris. We also have a fairly good idea what we are getting in Stallworth.

And, yes, ON PAPER, we look to be better. Yes, it will be decided during the season. Yes, some over-enthusiastic fans are getting excited and talking SB, but I am not one of them. I like the moves and feel that they improve this team significantly. But I still have concerns. I am concerned about the RT position and whether or not one of the 4 guys we have can step up and take hold and not get injured. I have concerns about the Pats depth at LB. I have concerns about the Pats depth at CB and Safety.

We are by no means a complete product and its foolish of anyone to be judging this team. And that includes YOU.
judging you? i'm just pointing out how you've won the free agent sweepstakes like the redskins used to always do.

it's a valid comparison even if you say it's being managed smarter.

have i once said "oh it's impossible you'll win it all because of this"? i mean , you've got bb and brady, the best coach and qb in the nfl.

i just pointed out how historically free agent winners don't amount to much, and i've stated you have the chance to break that trend.

Personally i think if you do win it all, it's going to be more impressive than your other titles because you're now mixing alot into what was already a pretty great chemistry.

but the Pats must really love the guy

He is a good WR, hard working guy who is liked in locker room. Who could not like him? Of course, there is the hammy problem but the positives (on field) are bigger than the negatives.

UNDER $4MM/yr in cap consequence for the first 2 years.

I'm actually expecting cap problems for the team in a few years.

Not the disaster other teams face, but problems.

People saying Stallworth = Branch PLUS a #1 pick need to add the fact that we spent a full season without a #1 receiver as part of the equation.

team chemistry is pretty important too, but i mean, these guys all may mesh together well, we'll see

Well, that's a big part of the point. There are approximately 0 concerns about that here right now.

Thomas and Welker, from lots of evidence, look apt to be GREAT chemistry fits.

Morris, Stallworth, K. Brady and anybody else who could still be signed -- all taken together -- are not a big enough group to cause chemistry problems.

Last edited:
Good signing, but yet its on paper it seems good. We still have to see how it meshes on the feild. Seems like a perfect fit, he seems he can fit the Deion Branch role as long as he stays healthy. Lets see what happens.

yeah but 07 is a new season, what you did last year won't matter, gotta do it again right? ( i mean isn't that what you tell the colts?)

I dont know about you but I would say the sucess we have had over the last half of a decade is usually a good indicator of the future. Obviously their is no guarantee we will win a superbowl and the colts could obviously still repeat. But I think the additions we have made this offseason give us Pat fans a very good reason to be happy.

yeah that was weird how you guys played in indy, you never used to lose that type of game, doesn't this all seem like a hurried panic move because of that one game?

If it's a reaction, it's a reaction to more than that. E.g., to several consecutive Indy games, to an SD game that was extremely hard to win, to various stretches when the team was pretty mediocre, to a couple of Denver games, and so on.

Well, that's a big part of the point. There are approximately 0 concerns about that here right now.

Thomas and Welker, from lots of evidence, look apt to be GREAT chemistry fits.

Morris, Stallworth, K. Brady and anybody else who could still be signed -- all taken together -- are not a big enough group to cause chemistry problems.
hey i'd probably be happy as a pig in **** too.

I dont know about you but I would say the sucess we have had over the last half of a decade is usually a good indicator of the future. Obviously their is no guarantee we will win a superbowl and the colts could obviously still repeat. But I think the additions we have made this offseason give us Pat fans a very good reason to be happy.
dude if i was you i wouldn't even need a reason to be happy, trust me haha.

If it's a reaction, it's a reaction to more than that. E.g., to several consecutive Indy games, to an SD game that was extremely hard to win, to various stretches when the team was pretty mediocre, to a couple of Denver games, and so on.
ya know, i don't know about you guys but i think you're going to have an easier time vs denver when it's a qb like cutler as opposed to that scrambling little bastard plummer.

didn't you guys have a hs teacher fill in on one playoff run?

I don't recall that, but Hank Poteat shuttled between being a personal trainer and a pro CB a few times, including basically walking in off the street and playing a lot of snaps in the post-season.

ya know, i don't know about you guys but i think you're going to have an easier time vs denver when it's a qb like cutler as opposed to that scrambling little bastard plummer.

The best thing you've said all day.

I don't recall that, but Hank Poteat shuttled between being a personal trainer and a pro CB a few times, including basically walking in off the street and playing a lot of snaps in the post-season.
that was amazing, and i remember charger fans getting mad that we cut rodney but i was telling them, man we couldn't have made rodney play as good as he played in that sb vs the eagles, on his best days in sd

that's just superior coaching right there, you guys really turned rodney around.

call me crazy but stallworth just seems like a wasted player, he's injured or causing problems half the time, i followed his progress in NO, right through his arrest, on to philly, but maybe the 3rd time's the charm for him.

Really? You followed Stallworth's progress? Sorry if I doubt your veracity. Especially when you say he's injured of causing problems half the time.

In his 5 years, Stallworth had missed 12 games. 3 his 1st season, 5 his second and 4 his 5th. 5 years is 80 games. 12 out of 80 isn't 50%.

Now about his arrest last year. What was the RESULT? Resisting arrest without Violence? A citation for expired tags? Did he go to court? Or did he get off with a slap on the wrist?

What other problems would you like to add?

Originally Posted by jcdavey

didn't you guys have a hs teacher fill in on one playoff run?

I believe the teacher who came out of retirement was the TE for the eagles during SB 39

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes