PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breaking News we got Stallworth..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would just be mindful of Miguel's adage that first reports on a contract are usually overstated agent spin. I would be shocked if he sees much of that $12M up front - it perhaps can be guaranteed IF (he doesn't make a foolish mistake that costs him a suspension)... And the deal could be backloaded so that he is in effect working for $4M per initally which is what that $12M would represent over the first 3 years of the deal. And on further scrutiny once the paperwork leaks out I wouldn't be surprised if reports indicate it's one of those deals that could morph into a 1 year deal.

Remember, AD just got 5 years at $35M but his guarantee is $20M+. And our new slot WR/KR just got $10.75M guaranteed on an $18M deal. In this market players are getting more than half of their real money guaranteed, this deal looks to guarantee less.

Either way nice to be drafting for defense next month.

GOOD LORD.its all coming together now.:singing: :singing: :singing:

Now all we gotta do is worry about brady's overthrown passes...i see multiples of them when i look at Wes Welkers height..

Can someone refresh my memory what was the gurantee number for Branch?? Stalworth is getting 12 mill gurantee, is it about the same???
"...after signing a $39 million, six-year contract with the Seattle Seahawks on Tuesday. ...
Branch will receive $13 million in a bonus and other guarantees, according to a person in the league close to the negotiations who requested anonymity because the terms had not yet been announced. About $23 million is due to Branch over the first three years of the deal, ...."
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/seahawks/2006-09-12-branch-deal_x.htm?csp=34

Last edited:
Can someone refresh my memory what was the gurantee number for Branch?? Stalworth is getting 12 mill gurantee, is it about the same???
That's a very good question...I'm curious too.

However, even if you equate Stallworth and Branch on the field and even if Branch signed for what we paid Stallworth we CANNOT renogotiate players under contract who hold out. It just sets too much of bad precedent. We did it with Seymour, who is an exceptional player and perhaps was worth making the exception, but it cost us last year because it made Deion think he could do the same thing.

6 years is just hard to believe. I figured it would have been a one yr deal.

I can see the rest of the AFC just ****ting their pants right about now. Barring any major injuries, this team is going to tear it up.

6 years is just hard to believe. I figured it would have been a one yr deal.

Most people thought the Pats would only go 1 yr, but the Pats must really love the guy, I know they wanted to trade for him last yr..

I think the guaranteed money was right about the same. But Instead of just Branch. We now have Stallworth and a First round pick. Great way to start the day. Now hopefully this is another front load contract. So we can still have the money to resign Wilfork and Warren.

Last edited:
I can see the rest of the AFC just ****ting their pants right about now. Barring any major injuries, this team is going to tear it up.

Games are won in Sept thru Jan , not March.. But I do agree this is going to be a special year... :rocker:

"...after signing a $39 million, six-year contract with the Seattle Seahawks on Tuesday. ...
Branch will receive $13 million in a bonus and other guarantees, according to a person in the league close to the negotiations who requested anonymity because the terms had not yet been announced. About $23 million is due to Branch over the first three years of the deal, ...."
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/seahawks/2006-09-12-branch-deal_x.htm?csp=34

Thanks Man

Games are won in Sept thru Jan , not March.. But I do agree this is going to be a special year... :rocker:

I disagree, some games are won in March. Imagine the difference in this team without this latest crop of free agents - HUGE difference.

Bad signing.

There is no way - No Way - that I would give him anything more than a one year, incentive-laden contract. To me, he has to prove that he can stay healthy, and clean.

Where the eff are the effin ILBs and DBs? I can hear it now: "We can't pay everyone...We'll have guys returning to health...We couldn't agree to terms...blah blah blah..."

Dante Stallworth is not my idea of a Patriot. He's here because of one thing, and one thing only - The Money. Or have ye forgotten who his agent is?

Again I ask: Where are the effin ILBs and effin DBs?

The Pats had to re-load bigtime this off-season. Their schedule is probably the toughest in the league. They have to have a strong team if they want a bye next year. Now they look stacked. If they had last years' schedule with this years' team,,,,,,,,,oy!

So we got 2 of the top 10 fA according to Len P of ESPN.??? !! And who says the Pats dont spend the money...:rolleyes:

Sorry to plagerize, but another poster (who's name I can't remember) said it best:

BB GONE WILD!!!

I think Givens got 5yr 24million with 8+ bonus last year....and Stallworth is way more explosive.....great move!!! He's bigger and faster than Branch, we paid less and we got a number one. As long as we same a little dough for Warren and Wilfork, everything will be super....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes