PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breaking News we got Stallworth..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again I ask: Where are the effin ILBs and effin DBs?

I bet they sign one more guy. Either a ILB or DB. They they use the draft to address the rest of their needs. With two first round picks and some compensation picks they should have enough bullets to find a few defensive players to contribute next year.

I would also like to see the Pats get a big bruising FB to pave the way for Maroney. I miss the days of Sam Gash.

brady hits troy low,he can do it with welker tooo. he may have too many targets to choose from lol:rocker:

Bad signing.

There is no way - No Way - that I would give him anything more than a one year, incentive-laden contract. To me, he has to prove that he can stay healthy, and clean.

Where the eff are the effin ILBs and DBs? I can hear it now: "We can't pay everyone...We'll have guys returning to health...We couldn't agree to terms...blah blah blah..."

Dante Stallworth is not my idea of a Patriot. He's here because of one thing, and one thing only - The Money. Or have ye forgotten who his agent is?

well said captain i coudnt agree more .what the hell are they thinking ?

Way to go Pats lets just hope he doesn't get injured!

Bad signing.

There is no way - No Way - that I would give him anything more than a one year, incentive-laden contract. To me, he has to prove that he can stay healthy, and clean.

Where the eff are the effin ILBs and DBs? I can hear it now: "We can't pay everyone...We'll have guys returning to health...We couldn't agree to terms...blah blah blah..."

Dante Stallworth is not my idea of a Patriot. He's here because of one thing, and one thing only - The Money. Or have ye forgotten who his agent is?

I agree with most of the comments on the contract. It might still just be the salary cap expansion not sinking in for me yet. I think 6 years is a bit long but we really have to see the contract details. I like Stallworth, but I am not in love with him. He might just be a rich mans Chad Jackson this year with the injury bug.

I am not worried about the secondary since I expect 2-3 DB's from the draft this year, with at least one being a first round pick and wouldn't be surpised if the same holds true at LB. Besides, Hartwell is still out there at ILB and the way this off-season is going, I won't pick against the Pats not getting him.

THIS IS GREAT NEWS! nice nice nice. beautiful.

I'm with you. Grab Hartwell for short money now!

The draft can be:

1st Round: S and the monster ILB of the future
3rd Round: CB
The rest: Let BB/Pioli work their magic.

I couldn't agree more with your predictions. Exactly what they should do....can we sat SB # 4!!!!!!!!!!

So sayeth Reiss, so sayeth the Board

So we got 2 of the top 10 fA according to Len P of ESPN.??? !! And who says the Pats dont spend the money...:rolleyes:

A couple of persistent posters on this board, if I recall correctly, especially last year.

why isnt asante samuel signed to a new deal yet ?it doesnt make any sense with all the money the patriots are throwing around ?

Just a note of caution on the contract. While it seems high at $5MM, when the details come out, it will be littered with protection for the Pats, and be UNDER $4MM/yr in cap consequence for the first 2 years. Rosenhaus probably wrote the PR announcement and you know what THAT means. Contract inflation

why isnt asante samuel signed to a new deal yet ?it doesnt make any sense with all the money the patriots are throwing around ?

He isn't signed because he had a career year last year and BB would just as soon rent him for another year and draft his much cheaper replacements this year. Just a guess

"...after signing a $39 million, six-year contract with the Seattle Seahawks on Tuesday. ...
Branch will receive $13 million in a bonus and other guarantees, according to a person in the league close to the negotiations who requested anonymity because the terms had not yet been announced. About $23 million is due to Branch over the first three years of the deal, ...."
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/seahawks/2006-09-12-branch-deal_x.htm?csp=34

So, to sum it up:

Seattle: Branch. 6 yrs 39 mill. 13 mill guaranteed + 1ST ROUND PICK TO NE
NE: Stallworth. 6 yrs 30 mill 12 mill guaranteed

Approx. same career numbers.

I like.

it makes sense if he wants clements money, hes only had one real good year so we can test drive hin again next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News