PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breaking News ESPNEWS: WILLIE MCGINEST TO BROWNS 3 years/$12 mil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacky Roberts said:
Do you mean by sitting on the sideline while their players bolt?

Big frickin' deal! Do you not understand the concept of OVERPAYING for players? Are you THAT easily tempted? Jesus, now I know how you got hooked on crack.

Last edited:
Jacky Roberts said:
It doesn't even seem that these guys had any intention of signing these guys.
NOW you're getting it, Jacky.

Pats67 said:
Please keep in mind that its only hysterical mouthbreathing ******s like yourself that characterize this situation on March 15th, some five months before the start of the season, as a 'mess'. So the question is flawed to being with. I would ask you how YOU know that this off-season is going EXACTLY according to their plan.

Do you honestly think they planned to lose all these players while signing no one?

Jacky Roberts said:
Nope, I sit in the balcony. Look I have the right to be upset.

Sure, you have a right to be upset. But you also have the right to keep it to yourself and not prove to everyone you are totally clueless about the game, about this team and how this team has been built.

You also have the personal responsibility to actually sthu and listen to educated fans. But you obviously think you know more than everyone else. Its just too bad you've proven that you don't.

Jacky Roberts said:
Do you honestly think they planned to lose all these players while signing no one?

Completely.

Pats67 said:
NOW you're getting it, Jacky.

I guess I disagree with the fact that 55 was overpaid. Certain guys you have to pay, especially the team leaders who step it up when the game is on the line.

pats1 said:
You want the team to win, obviously as you're upset.
I wouldn't rush to that judgement quite yet, P1. I think he's just trying to piss us off. Let's let him think we are, just so we can pound on him a little more before he bolts.

DaBruinz said:
Sure, you have a right to be upset. But you also have the right to keep it to yourself and not prove to everyone you are totally clueless about the game, about this team and how this team has been built.

You also have the personal responsibility to actually sthu and listen to educated fans. But you obviously think you know more than everyone else. Its just too bad you've proven that you don't.

I UNDERSTAND what they are doing, I just dont AGREE with what they are doing. DO any of these potential replacements for Mac have the potential to step it up when it counts like he did?

Jacky Roberts said:
Since you are obviously "brilliant", please tell me what the Patriots are going to do to fix this mess?

The Patriots are going to bring in the players they need to field a team. They may not be the big name MARQUEE players, but they will be effective and they will help this team be good.

Also, I think that you are totally blowing out of proportion the situation that the Patriots are in. Its not a "MESS" as you put it. Its the NORMAL business of the NFL under the Salary Cap.

Jacky Roberts said:
I guess I disagree with the fact that 55 was overpaid. Certain guys you have to pay, especially the team leaders who step it up when the game is on the line.
Yeah, OK. Hey, what's the name of your football management text book again? I'll check it out next time I'm at the library.

Jacky Roberts said:
I UNDERSTAND what they are doing, I just dont AGREE with what they are doing. DO any of these potential replacements for Mac have the potential to step it up when it counts like he did?

YES. Plain and Simple. Whether its Vrabel or Colvin or a draft pick like Lawson or Mark Anderson. YES. They all have the potential. If you were the Pats fan you CLAIM to be, you'd know that.

DaBruinz said:
The Patriots are going to bring in the players they need to field a team. They may not be the big name MARQUEE players, but they will be effective and they will help this team be good.

Doesn't that describe McGinest to perfection? This team can win another Bowl this year. Without guys like him, I"m not sure anymore.

Jacky Roberts said:

And you're going to give a 35-year old player a lucrative deal just because of that? That is all in the past. It may look good on his HOF resumé, but he has no future prospect but decline. There has to be a replacement sometime, and for much less.

Man, now I wouldn't trust you to run my business either.

Jacky Roberts said:
Do you mean by sitting on the sideline while their players bolt? It doesn't even seem that these guys had any intention of signing these guys. Im just asking for a solution? Who is out there that they can realistically get? I see no one.

Really? You see no one? You must not be looking. Typical clueless person.

DaBruinz said:
YES. Plain and Simple. Whether its Vrabel or Colvin or a draft pick like Lawson or Mark Anderson. YES. They all have the potential. If you were the Pats fan you CLAIM to be, you'd know that.

Mario Lawson or Mark Anderson have ZERO experience. How can you honestly say that?

Jacky Roberts said:
Doesn't that describe McGinest to perfection? This team can win another Bowl this year. Without guys like him, I"m not sure anymore.

So you're saying if the Pats signed McGinest, and when he retired, even without any drastic decline, the Patriots would never be able to win another Super Bowl.

Give me a ******* break. You're grasping for straws now, buddy.

Jacky Roberts said:
I think they've decided that based on the cap, and each player's value as they judge it going forward, that there are certain players that they intend to build their future teams around, and certain players that they DON'T intend to build their team around. If Willie's assertion is true, and the Pats didn't contact him after cutting him, then that tells you all you need to know.

Jacky Roberts said:
Mario Lawson or Mark Anderson have ZERO experience. How can you honestly say that?

But they have POTENTIAL. Unless you want to have a team fully of lethargic, yet experienced 55-year old players, you need to constantly replace proven and expensive experience with unproven and less expensive potential.

pats1 said:
So you're saying if the Pats signed McGinest, and when he retired, even without any drastic decline, the Patriots would never be able to win another Super Bowl.

Give me a ******* break. You're grasping for straws now, buddy.

Im saying they are better with him than without him. If they were rebuilding, it would make sense. Since they are a contender, Im sure they could have signed him to a reasonable deal that both parties would be happy with.

DaBruinz said:
Really? You see no one? You must not be looking. Typical clueless person.
Hey, tell him we're going to get TO. That'll get him excited again.

I'm absolutely certain that when the FO brought in all those FA's in 01, Jacky was right out front holding the 'Welcome Future NFL Champions' sign. But this time its different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe