PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breaking News ESPNEWS: WILLIE MCGINEST TO BROWNS 3 years/$12 mil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
CrazyDave said:
Holy Crap. This thread had 3 pages when I was here last. I just read 13 pages of that moron. My head hurts now. Wow, i need a beer. i think my favorite part was when he said something about having bad off-seasons or something. Guess that's why we never won the "off season trophy" LOL
Too funny.

I have my forum settings at 40 posts/page, so it stays down at 4 pages (actually this is the first post of the 5th page). Makes things easier to read and follow.

Last edited:
pats1 said:
I have my forum settings at 40 posts/page, so it stays down at 4 pages (actually this is the first post of the 5th page). Makes things easier to read and follow.

o.K. cool, I'll look into that. Thanks for the heads up.

He'll be missed more than any other freeagent they lose

Jacky Roberts said:
I hope so, man. I'm not ready for this ride to end and when it does end, I definitely dont want to see it happen by the Pats own doing. Keepin' the faith, but they better do something positive soon.

Welcome to the board Jacky. But as I said in another thread, don't forget the fact that it is March and there is plenty of time to start making personnel moves, and I'd calm down before I start writing off the 2006 campaign.

Hang in, and wait until at least after the draft before you freak out.

I apologize if this has been said already but I just didn't feel like going through all those posts! So many. What I do have to day is that from the number of posts, Willie is obviously well loved in these parts as he should be. As I've said on other threads, we all have our favorite players for whatever reason. Some people like Brady, Bruschi, McGinest, etc but all of us have only one favorite football team. One player does not define the whole organization. For Willie, thanks for all your hard work here in New England the last 12 years. We will never forget you and good luck to you in the future.

Willie is no longer a Pat he is a brown... Enjoy Cleveland Willie and now its time to move on ..

Ian said:
Welcome to the board Jacky. But as I said in another thread, don't forget the fact that it is March and there is plenty of time to start making personnel moves, and I'd calm down before I start writing off the 2006 campaign.

Hang in, and wait until at least after the draft before you freak out.

Signing Adam VERY SOON would be a good idea about now.
Good luck Willie, this was not the right thing done to you. 3 years for 12 million is a bargain, great job Romeo.

The herd was awakened by Willie's new found team.

If he was so greatly admired by all...why was he exposed to the expansion draft (it may have been even 2 of them)? His price tag was much more expensive then what he was worth.

I am a fan, but not an anal idiot like most of you portray in this thread especially.

This is exactly why BB is where he is...and why you are wherever you are.

Sometimes you have to do the hard task at hand for the betterment (is this a word?) of the team.

"But you have to admit with the Pats 20 Million over the Cap. YES 20 MILLION you have to wonder what the hell BB & Scott are thinking"

This is funny...I heard it the other way around. I read where the Pats are $20 million UNDER the cap because of the releases. Hmmmm, ironic.

Time to MOVE ON...I am going to miss WIllie immensely....but things had to come to an end sometime..and with a larger cap increase, one had to understand that NE's players were going to be wanted by other teams...and that larger dollars would be thrown about. Good PR for up and coming teams.."Hey we got that 3 time Super Bowl player from NE?"..."Look what we are doing now!!"...It is understandable...go grab a few NE players and help inject the team with WINNING attitudes. It does help..and those teams will over pay for that...and that benefits those NE players going for the green. Even though the team didn't make it into the AFC titale game, the aura of the Pats is still there...and actually as Patriot fans, it shows how OTHER teams covet what fans have here.
I did hope WIllie would stay..I am not sure exactly what happened...but Cleveland didn't want him to leave..was willing to throw more money his way. They sold him on the up and coming Browns..and I wish him absolutely the best there!! As one of the writers said, they feared if he left to think about he would end up as a Patriot....They were looking for a Willie McG type DE-LB..so why not get the original. It is sad..but there is nothing that can be done but to move on. Teams may be able to grab the players..but whehter they utilize them to their fullest and not overpay will be something to look at in the future.
As for the Patriots, I am sure they thought this was a possibility and will do their best to have another quality team on the field. And I know it will be one that will challenge for the top again.

While i am glad that he did sign with RC i wish the brows had a less uglie uni because i would prolly go get it...but im not loving the orange and brown.. :D

PatsSaintsSox said:
While i am glad that he did sign with RC i wish the brows had a less uglie uni because i would prolly go get it...but im not loving the orange and brown.. :D
I can't imagine ever wearing another team's jersey no matter WHO it is that leaves the Patriots. That's just weird to me.

My take is that Romeo HAD to have Willie and we didn't. The Browns let go their whole D-line, who were used to playing in a 4-3, and RAC tried to put in a 3-4, but couldn't get it done and had to switch back. Willie is the answer. Of all our FA losses, Willie is the only one who is going to earn his pay, playing and coaching up the backfield. Wouldn't be surprised to see Mangini make a big offer for Troy for the same reason. We will be OK as long as we find a run-stuffer to replace TJ so Vrabel can take Willie's spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back