PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breaking: Diggs traded to Texans

I was looking forward to seeing Gonzo lock him up.

Wow…Buffalo legit beatable this year. Jets/Phins SHOULD both still be better than Pats though

Damn didn’t see that coming. Good on Houston, that’s how you build around a young around a young promising QB.

Buffalo is done.
I said to someone recently that the Diggs situation was starting to look eerily similar to 2009 when Moss started barking at Brady about getting him the ball, which ultimately saw them move him. I feel like Diggs was becoming a similar problem there while also having a couple key drops.

If that’s the case, I’m not necessarily surprised they moved him, given how often he was in Allen’s face. So it might actually be helpful, provided they add someone between now and the regular season.

It's the Queefs until we see differently, but the Texans are a team to watch out for
They can pretty much start focusing on defense in this draft now. I’ve read they are interested in DT Braden Friske Florida st. Beast.

Texans are determined to not waste an ounce of CJ Strouds talent. That team has a vision/plan and have executed said plan.
Hopefully we get a talent in the realm of Stroud and have a similar plan in place.

Damn this might actually close Buffalo's window
They have holes all over the place and not enough cap or draft picks to fill them. I can see them getting a Wr like Franklin but losing Davis and Diggs is a pretty big loss.

Reactions: Ian
The key difference is that the Texans have Stroud on a below market contract whereas Allen's contract with the Bills is a top of market contract.

This is IMO a clear illustration of why we need to keep drafting rookie quarterbacks till we hit on one.

Bills hit on Allen and had their window to improve, got to the AFC championships, but that's all for this cycle.

Gonna open up that new stadium in Buffalo 2026 . Fans must be excited this morning;)

They have holes all over the place and not enough cap or draft picks to fill them. I can see them getting a Wr like Franklin but losing Davis and Diggs is a pretty big loss.
Plenty of Bill's fans not complaining about the loss of Davis. To your point, they will almost certainly be drafting a WR.

Reactions: Ian
Unless the Bills score a Justin Jefferson when the Vikings traded Diggs, they are done. Way too many holes on both sides.

I said to someone recently that the Diggs situation was starting to look eerily similar to 2009 when Moss started barking at Brady about getting him the ball, which ultimately saw them move him. I feel like Diggs was becoming a similar problem there while also having a couple key drops.

If that’s the case, I’m not necessarily surprised they moved him, given how often he was in Allen’s face. So it might actually be helpful, provided they add someone between now and the regular season.
Smart move by Buffalo as well with the draft being loaded with talent at WR. Obviously not going to get a player of his caliber right away but it’ll help offset the loss to an extent.

Not shocking. Allen would get away from him in the 2nd half of the season. Not sure if it had anything to do with routes or whatever.

Gonna open up that new stadium in Buffalo 2026 . Fans must be excited this morning;)
Owners knew *exactly* what they were doing. Ride the tide of good results on the field, leverage a new Governor with local roots, let Park Avenue do its usual palm greasing, and out pops a new stadium largely paid for by taxpayers that will double the value of that franchise.

Meanwhile, in KC, the fans told their owner to GTFO. IMO within a decade KC will be another flyover city without an NFL team. Sad, but taking a stand against the NFL flim-flam operation almost always means you lose your team.

Diggs will carry $31.096 million in dead money for the Bills, a record for a non-QB by about $4 million. The prior record was for an in-season trade where salary was picked up by the team. The team will lose about $4 million in net cap space with the trade. Diggs was originally under contract in 2022 and 2023 and the new contract signed by the Bills wound up giving a raise of just under $20.9 million for those two seasons. They could have walked free and clear had they not signed the extension. Now they will have paid that extra money to come back with a 2ndround pick while also giving up a 6th and a 5th which makes this an incredibly expensive trade.

Wow Casserio not F'ing around.

Might he wind up Bill's 2nd best disciple to Saban.

I see this as a move BUF needed to make. Diggs is on the wrong side of 30 and stats show he wasn’t the same player last year. They get out of that contract before the bottom fell off on Diggs value. Good draft to rebuild a younger cheaper more sustainable wr core.

I see this as a move BUF needed to make. Diggs is on the wrong side of 30 and stats show he wasn’t the same player last year. They get out of that contract before the bottom fell off on Diggs value. Good draft to rebuild a younger cheaper more sustainable wr core.
What’s the wrong side of 30? He just turned 30.

I know the talk in Buffalo is that the "rebuilding" and the new stadium go hand in hand. Basically they feel ownership doesn't want to be high in cash spending while funding part (and stealing the rest from the taxpayers) of their new stadium.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back