PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Spikes suspended for banned substance for 4 games

Status
Not open for further replies.
that sucks suspended 4 games for taken a over the counter cold medicine funny but at lest he will be back come playoff time

Why is mental health patient out on leave, posting on this site under "Joker"?

Stay on topic. And don't ask questions that require answers that you wouldn't understand.

Don't you have a 18pt font to stalk?

Spock...translation please??...

3675222353_e2a2b9bcf4_o.jpg

Spock...translation please??...

[/QUOTE]

You said I was a Jets fan. I called you a mental patient. I think I'm more accurate.

On topic. The topic was Spike's suspension.

18 Font. You like to use an excessively large font in your posts. It's odd, but that is what you do sometimes. Not abnormal for the abnormal.

I'm beginning to think that I'm Brady to your Suggs. You can't stop thinking about me and my posts. 18 fonts are creepy enough.

Last edited:
Now Rapoport is reporting its a PED? ughh. I thought he said it wasn't...

Here's to hoping that he will no longer be our problem and the team cuts him altogether before next week. The Spikes experiment was a good one, but it's over. Eye gouging at Florida, sex video on the internet and now this. It's a failed drug test regardless, but if it is PEDs other than sudafed or the like, as is now reported, then who says he can even be effective without them. Could be the next Merriman= awful without the "assistance."

Here's to hoping that he will no longer be our problem and the team cuts him altogether before next week. The Spikes experiment was a good one, but it's over. Eye gouging at Florida, sex video on the internet and now this. It's a failed drug test regardless, but if it is PEDs other than sudafed or the like, as is now reported, then who says he can even be effective without them. Could be the next Merriman= awful without the "assistance."

what a ridiculous comment. He took a tablet that he forgot to get checked... dumb... but he owned up to his mistake and is taking his penalty like a man and not doing the "williams brothers in vikings land" and making a massive ordeal out of it so he can play. What a fickle fan you are saying you hope he's cut... you just as bad as the poeple who wanted GRONK cut/benched for the season after he had that one bad game against the browns... shameful

Now Rapoport is reporting its a PED? ughh. I thought he said it wasn't...

It's probably this

*Pseudoephedrine is prohibited by the NFL except as properly prescribed by Club medical personnel.

Looks like it's in about 300 cold and decongestant medicines and it's related to amphetamine, so considered performance enhancing by some, though it wasn't formerly.

A few

#

NyQuil D (containing Acetaminophen, Dextromethorphan, Doxylamine, and Pseudoephedrine)
#

Nyquil Child Cough and Cold (containing Chlorpheniramine, Dextromethorphan, and Pseudoephedrine)
#

Nyquil Cold Medicine (containing Acetaminophen, Dextromethorphan, Doxylamine, and Pseudoephedrine)

#

Motrin Cold Childrens (containing Ibuprofen and Pseudoephedrine)
#

Motrin Cold and Flu (containing Ibuprofen and Pseudoephedrine)
#

Motrin IB Sinus (containing Ibuprofen and Pseudoephedrine)
#

Motrin Sinus Headache (containing Ibuprofen and Pseudoephedrine)

#

Motrin Cold Childrens (containing Ibuprofen and Pseudoephedrine)
#

Motrin Cold and Flu (containing Ibuprofen and Pseudoephedrine)
#

Motrin IB Sinus (containing Ibuprofen and Pseudoephedrine)
#

Motrin Sinus Headache (containing Ibuprofen and Pseudoephedrine)

#

Sinarest Sinus (containing Acetaminophen and Pseudoephedrine)
#

Sine-Aid (containing Acetaminophen and Pseudoephedrine)
#

Sine-Aid IB (containing Ibuprofen and Pseudoephedrine)
#

Singlet brand of APAP/chlorpheniramine/pseudoephedrine (containing Acetaminophen, Chlorpheniramine, and Pseudoephedrine)
#

Sinufed (containing Guaifenesin and Pseudoephedrine)
#

Sinuhist (containing Brompheniramine and Pseudoephedrine)
#

Sinumed (containing Acetaminophen, Chlorpheniramine, and Pseudoephedrine)
#

Sinus Aid (containing Acetaminophen and Pseudoephedrine)
#

Sinus Maximum Strength (containing Acetaminophen and Pseudoephedrine)
#

Sinuson II (containing Acetaminophen and Pseudoephedrine)
#

Sinustab (containing Acetaminophen and Pseudoephedrine)
#

Sinutab Ex-Strength (containing Acetaminophen, Chlorpheniramine, and Pseudoephedrine)
#

Sinutab Maximum Strength (containing Acetaminophen and Pseudoephedrine)
#

Sinutab Regular Strength (containing Acetaminophen and Pseudoephedrine)
#

Spantuss HD (containing Guaifenesin, Hydrocodone, and Pseudoephedrine)
#

Stamoist E (containing Guaifenesin and Pseudoephedrine)
#

Su-Tuss HD (containing Guaifenesin, Hydrocodone, and Pseudoephedrine)
#

SuTan Suspension (containing Pseudoephedrine and dexchlorpheniramine)
#

SuTan-DM (containing Dextromethorphan, Pseudoephedrine, and dexchlorpheniramine)
#

Suda-Tussin DM (containing Dextromethorphan, Guaifenesin, and Pseudoephedrine)
#

SudaHist (containing Chlorpheniramine and Pseudoephedrine)
#

SudaTex-G (containing Guaifenesin and Pseudoephedrine)
#

Sudafed Child Cold & Cough (containing Dextromethorphan and Pseudoephedrine)
#

Sudafed Cough (containing Dextromethorphan, Guaifenesin, and Pseudoephedrine)
#

Sudafed Plus (containing Chlorpheniramine and Pseudoephedrine)
#

Sudafed Severe Cold (containing Acetaminophen, Dextromethorphan, and Pseudoephedrine)
#

Sudafed Sinus & Allergy (containing Chlorpheniramine and Pseudoephedrine)
#

Sudafed Sinus & Pain (containing Naproxen and Pseudoephedrine)
#

Sudafed Sinus (containing Acetaminophen and Pseudoephedrine)
#

Sudafed Sinus Headache (containing Acetaminophen and Pseudoephedrine)
#

Sudafed Sinus Nighttime (containing Pseudoephedrine and Triprolidine)
#

Sudafed Sinus Nighttime Plus Pain Relief (containing Acetaminophen, Diphenhydramine, and Pseudoephedrine)
#

Sudafed Triple Action (containing Acetaminophen, Guaifenesin, and Pseudoephedrine)

full list bottom of the page.

PubMed Health - Pseudoephedrine

Last edited:
Spikes gets suspended for 4 games an undisclosed OTC while Braylon Edwards gets hit with a DUI and only misses what, half a game?

Man you couldn't make this **** up.

I was under the impression that over the counter medication, while banned, are not considered PEDs. Am I wrong? This is getting too hard to follow.

True. I don't really know what chemical he got popped for. The point is that they are banned for a reason.

Everything ever done by anyone has always been done "for a reason". Frequently the reasoning is, let's just say "misguided".

I was under the impression that over the counter medication, while banned, are not considered PEDs. Am I wrong? This is getting too hard to follow.

They're related to amphetamines. A quick google shows some consider them performance enhancing, i don't know about the NFL.

The drug test can't tell if you took them in a cold medicine, or in concentrated form to give you more energy.

Last edited:
They're related to amphetamines. A quick google shows some consider them performance enhancing, i don't know about the NFL.

Every time I take sudafed for a cold I can say I am taking performance enhancing drugs?

Every time I take sudafed for a cold I can say I am taking performance enhancing drugs?

Did you ever take amphetamines?

Pseudoephedrine is a sympathomimetic drug of the phenethylamine and amphetamine chemical classes.

WIKI

Bronco Nagurski might have tried this for his cough

bayer-heroin.jpg

then washed it down with a Coca Cola

coca-cola1.jpg

That's funny, I'm not tired anymore...

Last edited:
heh...an old time speed ball...jeez Ray

Spikes gets suspended for 4 games an undisclosed OTC while Braylon Edwards gets hit with a DUI and only misses what, half a game?

Man you couldn't make this **** up.

:ditto:

We have a winner!

via breer twitter
On Spikes, I've heard that he'd have considered appealing, but didn't want to risk missing playoff games, b/c of the process. A timing thing

Pseudoephedrine is a sympathomimetic drug of the phenethylamine and amphetamine chemical classes.
And it is the main ingredient in meth!

Maybe Spikes is running a side business.

Last edited:
via breer twitter

That's what I thought when I heard it, too bad the suspension wouldn't roll into next season vs playoff games....then it would be worth the risk of an appeal.

God, the NFL is ****ing ******ed sometimes. This is such a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes