Shawn Crable
Terrence Wheatley
Kevin O'Connell
Tyrone McKenzie
Brandon Tate
Ron Brace
Darius Butler
Jermaine Cunningham

At this point guys like Gronk, Vollmer, or Branch are extremely rare exceptions. I'd rather give up a 2nd/3rd round pick for a proven capable starter than take my chances with BB in the draft room.

Why give up a pick that high if they'll take less? Maybe they'll only take a 7th if we throw in Ocho:D

Adrian Klemm
Bethel Johnson
Marquise Hill (RIP)
Chad Jackson
David Thomas
Shawn Crable
Terrence Wheatley
Kevin O'Connell
Tyrone McKenzie
Brandon Tate
Ron Brace
Darius Butler
Jermaine Cunningham

At this point guys like Gronk, Vollmer, or Branch are extremely rare exceptions. I'd rather give up a 2nd/3rd round pick for a proven capable starter than take my chances with BB in the draft room.

Spikes
Chung
Hobbs
Kaczur
Wilson

You should probably re-think your theory.

Spikes
Chung
Hobbs
Kaczur
Wilson

You should probably re-think your theory.
Playing Devils Advocate,
Spikes hasn't done jack yet, but will improve as the year goes on, same with Cunningham.

Chung will look better when he gets a half-sensible Safety alongside him.

Hobbs was no better than a Nickelback thrown into a Starting Situation.

Kaczur was ok for a 3rd? rounder, but he's no Vollmer or Solder. But, that is to be expected with the gap between the picks.

And Wilson falls into the Chung territory

Mort just said on Sunday Countdown the Patriots and Rams have expressed an interest in Lloyd.

Mort just said on Sunday Countdown the Patriots and Rams have expressed an interest in Lloyd.

Yeah, but "their interest chilled after hearing Lloyds pay demands".

Yeah, but "their interest chilled after hearing Lloyds pay demands".

That's the Patriots for you...

fishing.gif

Last edited:

Just heard that too, he said the learning curve would be much different than for Ocho b/c he's familiar with the offense b/c of McDaniels...additionally he said the Pats interest reinforces the notion of how expectations have shrunken for 85...

Last edited:
Just heard that too, he said the learning curve would be much different than for Ocho b/c he's familiar with the offense b/c of McDaniels...additionally he said the Pats interest reinforces the notion of how expectations have shrunken for 85...

Interesting because AdamSchefter tweeted "do not look for the Pats to pull any trigger on any deal for Loyd"

I rather us keep our pick and see if we can address the Defense

and during the off season, cut Branch and Ocho and bring him in..

I don't think the pick is the big deal considering it's going to be in rounds 3-5 and Belichick has shown he'll deal picks for veterans if need be. The real issue is the pay day that Lloyd is going to want.

Not surprised that's what ESPN's saying is killing the deal for him, we can afford to give up a pick in rounds 3-5 but probably can't afford to give Lloyd a big money contract when Welker is going to want/get one this off-season too and we have bigger needs on the defensive side of the ball.

Last edited:
That's the Patriots for you...

fishing.gif

I know its such a shame that they are financially responsible. I'd be much happier if they showed no restraint, signed all those big name FAs that never add up to Championships and were going through what the 49ers have gone though for over a decade, or the Broncos are doing now, or the Redskins have done forever.
Yeah, thats the Patriots for you.....

Lloyd has had a grand total of 1 season that was productive.

Welker/branch will still be our #1 and #2 WR's...say we trade for him, basically he will take ocho's role playing 20-30snaps a game as the 3rd WR...and at most produce marginally more

I dont get why everyone here is enamored with these big name WR...most of the targets are gonna go to Welker, branch, gronk, hernandez

I think the only way a trade for someone like Lioyd happens is if the uncertainty around Welker's contract is as real to the team as it is to us. As far as systems go, I believe we're more sensitive to the, "learning the system," thing because of Ochocinco. If the coach doesn't believe the player can come in off a mid season trade and learn his system, then he won't make the trade. It's that simple. I would not trade Edelman though as he could be plan B if Welker walks.

Welker/branch will still be our #1 and #2 WR's...say we trade for him, basically he will take ocho's role playing 20-30snaps a game as the 3rd WR...and at most produce marginally more

I dont get why everyone here is enamored with these big name WR...most of the targets are gonna go to Welker, branch, gronk, hernandez

Do you think that Chad's number of snaps might have to do with his relative effectiveness, and that if we had someone more effective in that role they might see their snaps increase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye