PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to talk about the MVP race, then I completely disagree that short TDs should be somehow discounted. It's generally accepted that running is the preferred inside the 10, particularly inside the 3-4 yd line. When a team with a solid RB, like McGahee, decides to throw in those areas, it simply highlights the VALUE they put on their QB.

We're saying Tom should be credited for leading his team to 14 more rushing TDs.

Simple.

The MVP bit is and always has been a complete joke.

Player Of The Year is one thing.

But if you want to talk about Most Valuable Player ~ the definition of which has to be "Most Demonstrably Influential to his Teams's Chances of Winning the Championship" ~ then Tom Brady wins it hands down, for each of the last 11 consecutive years and counting...and especially in 2009!!

I just still think that it's amazing he's this good even as a 6th round draft pick.

I just still think that it's amazing he's this good even as a 6th round draft pick.

It's incredible how much he's gotten from his apparently inferior physical tools

UPDATE

Ratings:
Rodgers 105.6
Brady 105
Manning 104.7

Stats:
Rodgers 252 for 379, 2838 yards, 28 TDs to 7 INTs, GB has 4 non-passing TDs, 2 rushing TDs

Brady 275 for 421, 3299 yards, 24 TDs to 3 INTs, NE has 25 non-passing TDs, 18 rushing TDs

Manning 277 for 409, 3260 yards, 26 TDs to 8 INTs, DEN has 12 non-passing TDs, 6 rushing TDs

UPDATE

Ratings:
Rodgers 105.6
Brady 105
Manning 104.7

Stats:
Rodgers 252 for 379, 2838 yards, 28 TDs to 7 INTs, GB has 4 non-passing TDs, 2 rushing TDs

Brady 275 for 421, 3299 yards, 24 TDs to 3 INTs, NE has 25 non-passing TDs, 18 rushing TDs

Manning 277 for 409, 3260 yards, 26 TDs to 8 INTs, DEN has 12 non-passing TDs, 6 rushing TDs

If the season ended today, Tom Brady would win the MVP.

If the season ended today, Tom Brady would win the MVP.

I agree.

But this is after lackluster games from both Rodgers and Peyton. That doesn't happen too often. Brady still has to go up against Hou and San Fran. There is a fair chance Brady might fall behind statistically. Even if he doesn't; it'll be so tough to keep pace with what he's done over the last few weeks.

Just sayin'

David Creed ‏@DrPeppers96
@RobParkerESPN Admit it! Tom Brady is the MVP Favorite Right NOw!

Rob Parker ‏@RobParkerESPN
@DrPeppers96 Brady lost Super Bowl when he missed Welker. #remember

lol rob parker can't say anything in response but the Welker drop in the SB.

Sorry but when a player actually has two hands on the ball that isn't a miss, that's a drop.

I agree.

But this is after lackluster games from both Rodgers and Peyton. That doesn't happen too often. Brady still has to go up against Hou and San Fran. There is a fair chance Brady might fall behind statistically. Even if he doesn't; it'll be so tough to keep pace with what he's done over the last few weeks.

Just sayin'

You're correct. And Peyton's schedule is a joke in comparison. This will be a race between Brady and Manning like the good ol' days.

lol rob parker can't say anything in response but the Welker drop in the SB.

Sorry but when a player actually has two hands on the ball that isn't a miss, that's a drop.

“@AJsportznerd: @RobParkerESPN your packers arent looking good rob” # The Packers just won five games in a row. Didn't here a peep. #stopit

@Yerrp08 after u get a Masters degree from Columbia, holla

https://twitter.com/RobParkerESPN

Pats just made a chip shot field goal. Oh wait. They missed it. Jets bout to roll.

Jets are going to roll the Patriots.

He picked the Packers and Saints today.

i dont know who will win the MVP, but right now it should be Brady (easily)

Peyton should be fighting hard w/ AP for comeback player

UPDATE

Ratings:
Rodgers 105.6
Brady 105
Manning 104.7

Stats:

Manning and Rodgers deserve it. Look at Tom Brady for crying out loud. 37 PPG 18 rushing TDs - best Oline in football even if it is with a completely different line every week - best receivers in the game though they are all injured at one time or another. And best D in the league always taking the ball away.

Rodgers/Manning Co-MVP

Christ i think even Eli Manning deserves it more. Did you see him beat Rodgers?

Damn i forgot about Brees - that dude is ballin' with 31 TDs and 11 INTs - it hasn't translated to much success but still...it's Drew Brees.

In conclusion Brady is old and he is getting Terrell Davised by Ridley and Co

Last edited:
I agree.

Just sayin'

If the Patriots beat both Houston and the 49ers, Brady will be the MVP. Manning has lost against pretty much every quality team he has faced, and the Packers offense is thoroughly mediocre. Really, counting rushing TDs, Brady has 27 scores and 3 turnovers. Think about that for a second. Manning has 26 total scores and 10 TOs. This shouldn't be close.

Manning isn't getting more love because he has 24 TDs vs. Brady's 21. He's not even being compared to Brady. Brady isn't even in the narrative. He's getting more love because he's coming off a terrible injury that knocked him out for a season and there were serious questions about whether he could play at all, let alone at an MVP level again.

For one, Brady did do the same thing in '07. He didn't necessarily have anyone who was a close competitor for the MVP race, but again, I was simply referring to the one guy who says "I hate Manning because everytime i watch the Broncos play, dude never hands off the ball in the red zone even on the 1 yard line."

By that logic he should hate Tom Brady, too.

If you want to talk about the MVP race, then I completely disagree that short TDs should be somehow discounted. It's generally accepted that running is the preferred inside the 10, particularly inside the 3-4 yd line. When a team with a solid RB, like McGahee, decides to throw in those areas, it simply highlights the VALUE they put on their QB.

This will probably be: :deadhorse:

But anyway; Just did some quick fact checking 2007 v 2012.

2012 NE TDs: 21P / 18R = 46% rushing TDs
2012 Den TDs: 24P /6 R = 20% rush
2007 NE TDs: 50P / 17R = 25% rush

note that currently NE is #1 team for rushing TDs and Den is #21 (5 way tie so could be 25 too), in 2007 NE was #5 team for rushing TDs and 6 rushing TDs in 2007 would have made you tied for 30/31.

Although only a 5% difference between 2007 TB and 2012 PM; if you could figure out how many of those passing TDs were breakaway (Moss-like) runs the % the Pats ran in the ball would likely increase much more dramatically than PMs.

So I think the data does say PM/Denver is choosing to PASS to the EZ at a significantly higher rate than BOTH the 2012 NFL avg and the NE 2007 rate.

So the poster who started this argument HAD A POINT and a comparison to 2007 TB is really NOT VALID ; But that said: ......

saying it is NECESSARILY PM who is choosing to pass not run, rather than the OC - is something we can't know. Even if it is ENTIRELY WITHIN his (PM's) KNOWN PERSONA.

Also, as you (JJDChE) said in last point; (in other words) at a critical point in the game do you want the ball in the hands of your best player? So if you 'value' (TRUST) PM that much higher than McGahee (who does have 5 fumbles) - it is justifiable.

Now Finally: coming back to the point of discussion MVP. Of course PM is being considered for MVP because of his COMEBACK FROM INJURY (gee i thought that the definition of comeback player of year??? ). But if he DIDN"T HAVE 24 passing & 6 run TDs and instead had 20 pass/10run because his offense ran it in at closer to but STILL BELOW the NFL average rate; YOU HAVE TO ADMIT THAT HIS MVP candidacy SUPPORTERS WOULD HAVE A MUCH TOUGHER ARGUMENT. Then he would just be considered for comeback and not be in the MVP discussion at all.

so the running vs passing # IS RELEVANT to the MVP discussion and PM should be decremented because of it (or VIEWED IN THE CONTEXT OF IT).

Of course now with the loss of McG; they will have even more excuse to throw it in. Hopefully that results in a few pick-12s (loss of 6 and return for 6 the other way);), then it will even things out for TB.

OTHER Rush TD details:
2007 NE 17 (Maroney-6*, Morris-3, Evans-3, Eckel-2, TB-2*, Cassel-1)
2012 Den 6 (McG-4*, Hillman=1, Moreno-1, PM-0*)
2012 NE 18 (Ridley-8, Vereen-3, TB-3, Bolden-2, Woodhead-2)

NOTE: Maroney in '07 was 185 for 835 yds and McGahee in '12 is 167 for 731 which is relatively comparable despite less games for McG; & Maroney had 50% MORE TDs. And Maroney only accounted for 33% of NEs 2007 TDs; whereas McG has 66% of Den rush TD.

So 2007 NE using a multi-back offense was 50% more likely to run it in using their primary back than 2012 Den using a single/premier back offense. (bad use of % but I want to make a rhetorical argument here)

Re: Tom Brady 21 TD to only 3 INT

LOL it's my initials

Nigel Grantley?

Nick "the Greek" Galopolis?

Okay, Ned Gillmore, Nash Gimble, ah, never mind.

Brady gets dinged for fewer TDs and--esp. in comparison to Manning--a lower completion rate.

That lower completion rate is really nonsense because of the first downs the Patriots rack up. I've never seen a team where a pass incompletion was almost a non-statistic.
You're working way too hard to cover up an obvious reality. Tom is losing by a whisker because he's missed some TD throws (or receivers did) and his completion % is not quite up to Peyton's. He needs a strong statistical finish but probably won't get it because the Pats are now a balanced offense.

This may turn out to be the greatest offense in the history of the game. That doesn't mean that Tom's numbers will be the greatest. They are a more balanced offense, and that's what they needed against the Giants in both big losses.

If the Patriots beat both Houston and the 49ers, Brady will be the MVP. Manning has lost against pretty much every quality team he has faced, and the Packers offense is thoroughly mediocre. Really, counting rushing TDs, Brady has 27 scores and 3 turnovers. Think about that for a second. Manning has 26 total scores and 10 TOs. This shouldn't be close.

I don't think Brady is winning the MVP this year, barring some extraordinary events. It'll go to Manning or Ryan most likely. That doesn't mean Brady hasn't had a tremendous season, because clearly he has.

You're working way too hard to cover up an obvious reality. Tom is losing by a whisker because he's missed some TD throws (or receivers did) and his completion % is not quite up to Peyton's. He needs a strong statistical finish but probably won't get it because the Pats are now a balanced offense.

Manning's missed some TD throws, too, so that doesn't hold water.

Last edited:

This may turn out to be the greatest offense in the history of the game. That doesn't mean that Tom's numbers will be the greatest. They are a more balanced offense, and that's what they needed against the Giants in both big losses.

No, actually, I think you're the one working way too hard.

You say Tom missed passing TDs. Well, he has 3 TDs less than Manning. What about the TDs and point Manning left on the board? He has 5 more interceptions. Brady has 3 rushing TDs. 18 rushing TDs for the team total compared to 6 for the Broncos.

It's is far far far far far likelier that the 3 less TDs are due to running for TDs rather than the opposite. In fact, as I said, Brady alone accounts for just as many TDs (rushing and passing) as Manning does.

When you look at the number of first downs the Patriots have racked up, what do you see? You realize that Brady's incompletions are inconsequential. This team moves the ball.

And besides, Brady has had a higher QBR for 3 weeks now. And gues what?

Brady has a higher QB rating than Manning as well!!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes