PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're working way too hard to cover up an obvious reality. Tom is losing by a whisker because he's missed some TD throws (or receivers did) and his completion % is not quite up to Peyton's. He needs a strong statistical finish but probably won't get it because the Pats are now a balanced offense.

This may turn out to be the greatest offense in the history of the game. That doesn't mean that Tom's numbers will be the greatest. They are a more balanced offense, and that's what they needed against the Giants in both big losses.

How is that an obvious reality? What is the job of a quarterback? Have pretty statistical numbers or lead his team to as many scoring drives as possible? The Patriots, right now, are the best offense the NFL has ever seen in terms of PPG, averaging a TD per game more than Denver. The Pats are also demonstrably better in keeping drives alive and converting third downs. Never mind the fact that Brady has accounted for 27 TDs (24 passing and 3 rushing), and Manning for 26 (all passing). Manning has a better completion % by 2 points, bu he also has 10 turnovers (8 picks, 2 lost fumbles), to Brady's 3. Oh, Peyton threw 2 pick-6s as well.

What you're telling me is that a 2% difference in completion percentage, and 2 extra passing touchdowns are enough to overcome the huge discrepancy in turnovers and overall offensive efficiency. Oh, Brady also leads Manning in passer rating, TQBR and DVOA, so no matter what your statistical index of choice is, he's having the better season.

And just to throw this out there. To those who are quick to point out how Brady could never be seen as the MVP because when he went down they went 11-5 with Cassel, Tebow had a 7-4 record with the Broncos last year over his first 11 games, playing with a worse team.

Last edited:
The funniest thing may be that Brady has more rushing touch downs than the Green Bay Packers :D

UPDATE

Ratings:
Rodgers 105.6
Brady 105
Manning 104.7

Stats:
Rodgers 252 for 379, 2838 yards, 28 TDs to 7 INTs, GB has 4 non-passing TDs, 2 rushing TDs

Brady 275 for 421, 3299 yards, 24 TDs to 3 INTs, NE has 25 non-passing TDs, 18 rushing TDs

Manning 277 for 409, 3260 yards, 26 TDs to 8 INTs, DEN has 12 non-passing TDs, 6 rushing TDs

Plus Tom leads in ESPN's QBR:
NFL Total Quarterback Rating - National Football League - ESPN

Brady 81.6
Manning 79.5
Ryan 75.4
Luck 75.0
RGIII 72.1
Big Ben 71.8

This is quite telling since it factors in the QB's rushing ability, not something Tom excels at, but that explains Luck and RGIII being up there.

My main beef with QBR is that it also gives you more credit for a long pass with no YAC than a short pass with YAC. This also disfavors TB, and beyond that, to me it doesn't make sense. In my mind a bullet pass precisely located and traveling 5 yards in the air while resulting in a 30 yard gain is every bit as good as a 30 yard pass with no YAC at all. It fact, given the risk/reward element, it is a far better play.

Even given those non-sensical markdowns, by the QBR system, Tom is best.

THAT tells you something!

Last edited:
A quick peak at Football Outsiders reveals that Brady is currently rated #1 in their stats for DYAR and DVOA.

Ugh. Watching NFLN just now and the talking head asked Jamie Dukes about MVP: Said looks like Peyton Manning is the front-runner ..."and is there anybody even close?" Dukes mentions Ryan, but dismisses him. End of conversation. "Peyton deserves the MVP because it's a great story." UGH.

Last edited:
... "Peyton deserves the MVP because it's a great story." UGH.

That sort of approach to these awards is why I often don't take them seriously.

Unfortunately, we all know Manning will win it.

Frankly, he should and any who disagree with me are morons.

F*@& the MVP. What happened to let Manning win the MVP and getting the Lombardi, morons? I'd rather see a secretly pissed Tom Brady the a placated one.

You morons vote for Patriot players in the probowl too? Vote against them and keep them pissed off. Besides, if the pro-bowl has not moved from the bye week, only a moron wants ANY players from his team playing in it.

F*@& the MVP. What happened to let Manning win the MVP and getting the Lombardi, morons? I'd rather see a secretly pissed Tom Brady the a placated one.

The only disappointing thing is that Manning is in the AFC so we can't see Manning name MVP only to have Brady trounce him in the Super Bowl and win SB MVP.

You morons vote for Patriot players in the probowl too? Vote against them and keep them pissed off. Besides, if the pro-bowl has not moved from the bye week, only a moron wants ANY players from his team playing in it.

Lmao please get over yourself. :rolleyes:

Yeah, the only reason we want Brady to be the MVP is because he's a Patriot. It's not like he thoroughly deserves it or anything. Hell, maybe we should start pushing Welker or Ridley for MVP too.

You are the ******* moron here, get over yourself. You act like there's somehow a correlation between being MVP and failing to win a Superbowl, which is the most ******ed thing I've read here in a while. You probably believe in the Madden curse as well.

We're in the age of stat-heads. If Peyton snags the MVP, it won't go unnoticed that Brady continues to put up crazy stats year after year. The media can anoint, but the people who really think about the game will recognize what Brady is doing, regardless of the award.

Who's in the running for Offensive player of the year?

Ugh. Watching NFLN just now and the talking head asked Jamie Dukes about MVP: Said looks like Peyton Manning is the front-runner ..."and is there anybody even close?" Dukes mentions Ryan, but dismisses him. End of conversation. "Peyton deserves the MVP because it's a great story." UGH.

The media mocks fan votes for being silly and biased yet media votes are all about pushing what in their opinion passes for great storylines... I'm not sure how you get around the problem since present and former players are also biased and at least half of the former coaches who are now mediots got there by screwing up as coaches.

Would be nice though at least for the real end of year awards if they could figure out a formula that incorporated statistics and impact and situations and assemble a small, select panel with no preconceived opinion or agenda to assess nominees objectively based on it. But they can't even agree on what constitutes most value. Even though there is a seperate award for OPOY and DPOY. And they spend too much time building a case (storyline) for guys over the first half of the season as if the second half doesn't matter, yet along matter more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes