PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just comparing the fact that they both are/were throwing a lot inside the 10, which leads to inflated pass TDs compared to teams that are more run/pass balanced inside the 10.

You're right. But that's not relevant to this at all. Why? Because I agree with you that the amount of inflated close to the goalline TDs should be deducted from Brady's numbers in 2007 in comparison to other QBs who lead their teams down there in 2007 and ran it in instead. But where does that get us? Nowhere.

WTF are you talking about?

Some guy was complaining that Manning is throwing a lot inside the 10 this year so his stats are "inflated". I said, well, so did our guy when he won the MVP a few years ago, but I doubt anyone here was complaining when Brady did it. Just saying...Don't be a hypocrite. That's all.

I have no clue how you brought Manning's 2007 into this.

I started a thread comparing Manning's throw TD/run TD ratio to Brady's.

So, really, WTF are you talking about? Did you even read the first post in the entire thread?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again......
I'll take Tom Brady EVERY TIME, EVERY DAY & TWICE ON SUNDAYS!

Let everyone else get accolates, air time etc
Brady ALWAYS shows up!

You're right. But that's not relevant to this at all. Why? Because I agree with you that the amount of inflated close to the goalline TDs should be deducted from Brady's numbers in 2007 in comparison to other QBs who lead their teams down there in 2007 and ran it in instead. But where does that get us? Nowhere.

Why would you deduct legitimate TD passes?

In some ways I think it's sometimes harder to throw a TD inside the 10, especially inside the 5. That TD from Brady to Edelman yesterday - -not many other QBs make that throw, IMO.

Sanchez sucks.

Why would you deduct legitimate TD passes?

That's it? That's your answer to your obvious confusion and disingenuousness?

Deduct them, add them, it doesn't matter. That's the point we're making.

We're saying, COMPARE THEM. It's not just about throwing TDs, scoring is also important.

Don't you agree?

Tom Brady 21 TD to only 3 INT

Unbelievable :eek:

The guy makes it seem so easy to do, It's an unbelievable accomplishment having a 7 to 1 TD/INT ratio. (like 2007 and 2010)

Re: Tom Brady 21 TD to only 3 INT

The guy makes it seem so easy to do, It's an unbelievable accomplishment having a 7 to 1 TD/INT ratio. (like 2007 and 2010)

Ssssshhhhhhh ....

Edit: Well, this comment made more sense when the comment it responded to was the start of a thread. :)

Last edited:

Well, to be fair, Brady threw 50 TDs and 8 INTs in 2007, so he didn't quite have a 7:1 ratio. :D

Last edited:

Isnt this why we consider him one of the best ever

mckayla-maroney-meme-getty.jpg

Forgive me if you've already answered this 100 times...

What's the "NG" stand for?
huh.gif

New Guinea is all that comes to mind, off the top o' my head...
39.gif

LOL it's my initials

Last edited:

The way I look at it, is this. They are very close in a lot of categories and Manning slightly edges Brady in completion % and has a few more TD's. But he doesn't turn heads in any one category.

Are Petyton's numbers in any one category clearly above Brady's or above that what we would expect out of an elite, MVP contending QB? The answer is no.

Are Brady's numbers in any one category clearly above Peyton's or above that what we would expect out of an elite, MVP contending QB? The answer is yes.

Brady's interception is a pristine 0.8% on 393 Attempts. Manning has a pretty typical-among elites- 1.9% interception percentage on 372 attempts.

Now, Brady's number could easily go sour if he has one bad game, but at least as of right now Brady is head and shoulders in at least one category over Peyton Manning. Aaron Rodgers had a 1.7% interception efficiency last year.

When was the last time another quarterback had almost 400 attempts and 0.8% interception % or better through 10 weeks? 2010. Tom Brady. Finished the season with that number and only 4 interceptions for the season. Who was the MVP in 2010? Tom Brady.

So let's see what happens going forward, but I'm pretty certain Brady is IN THE ZONE right now.

He's still the best in the business.

That's it? That's your answer to your obvious confusion and disingenuousness?

Deduct them, add them, it doesn't matter. That's the point we're making.

We're saying, COMPARE THEM. It's not just about throwing TDs, scoring is also important.

Don't you agree?

How else am I supposed to respond? One guy was whining about Manning throwing a lot of TDs inside the 10. My post was directed at him. I don't really care if that is clear to you or not.

I think the thrust is this:

In 2012, Brady is having an amazing year, but Manning is getting more love for throwing 3 more TD's, even though he's consistently throwing for TD near the goal line, whereas Brady is handing it off more at the goal line and leading his team to more points (and against arguably better defenses). In an MVP discussion, the two are close, and something like this should factor in.

You're trying to make the argument that Brady did the same thing in 2007, but there's a major difference. That difference is that there was nobody even close to Brady that season.

Manning isn't getting more love because he has 24 TDs vs. Brady's 21. He's not even being compared to Brady. Brady isn't even in the narrative. He's getting more love because he's coming off a terrible injury that knocked him out for a season and there were serious questions about whether he could play at all, let alone at an MVP level again.

For one, Brady did do the same thing in '07. He didn't necessarily have anyone who was a close competitor for the MVP race, but again, I was simply referring to the one guy who says "I hate Manning because everytime i watch the Broncos play, dude never hands off the ball in the red zone even on the 1 yard line."

By that logic he should hate Tom Brady, too.

If you want to talk about the MVP race, then I completely disagree that short TDs should be somehow discounted. It's generally accepted that running is the preferred inside the 10, particularly inside the 3-4 yd line. When a team with a solid RB, like McGahee, decides to throw in those areas, it simply highlights the VALUE they put on their QB.

How else am I supposed to respond? One guy was whining about Manning throwing a lot of TDs inside the 10. My post was directed at him. I don't really care if that is clear to you or not.

He wasn't whining. He was making a direct comparison.

What don't you get about this?

Why is it so hard to understand?

We're saying the Patriots have as many non-passing TDs as they do passing TDs, and that furthermore, they have a lot of runs for TDs, while other QBs are throwing it there.

Good for them, we're saying, but it DOES make a difference that Brady is leading his team into positions where they score beaucoup TDs compared to the competition.

Pretty simple stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft