PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's playoff performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes you get the bounce or the call, and sometimes you don't, but way too much is being made out of calling Brady out personally. Consider that he'd definitely have been at least a 4x SB winner if the following doesn't happen:

--there is no helmet catch, or Rodney makes the play

--holding is called and the ref admittedly doesn't "start to blow his whistle" when the ball is coming out

--Eli is called for being in the grasp, just as the ref admitted when he claimed that he started to blow the whistle

--any one of our 3 failed/dropped INTs don't occur from Meriweather, Harrison, or Samuel in the final quarter

--Welker holds onto the ball in the 2nd matchup

--Manningham doesn't choose to wear shoes that he claimed were 1/2 inch too small for whatever reason that day, as he obviously would've been out of bounds on the crucial sideline catch on 3rd and long

--the Giants don't fumble the ball FOUR times and recover every single one of them

--Gronkowski doesn't miss the last 3 postseasons due to 3 separate injuries

--Talib doesn't get hurt in the first 1/4 in back to back AFCCGs

The holding, which included a Giant's lineman actually grabbing a facemask, still haunts me til this day. I don't know how you can call 58 minutes of a game one way and then throw the rules out for the last 2 minutes. It's ridiculous.

How is it a question of receivers when he had guys open he didn't hit?

Because every QB misses WRs. It's hen you have a pop gun offense that your misses are glaring. Peyton missed more passes than Brady yesterday. 4 to wide open guys. Brady missed 2. But because Manning has a great offense, his misses are irrelevant. Brady's misses essentially decide the game.

That 3rd down throw to Slater, Edelman was wide open in the middle for a first down.

Any decent receiver hauls that 50 yard pass. There's a huge difference between what the Patriots put out there and what other teams put out there. You have to stretch that D.

That overthrown pass to Edelman should have been a TD.

That Collie overhthrown pass could have resulted in a TD, at least set up for a FG.

Those are three critical mistakes Brady made. He gets a first down on our second drive with an easy pass to Edelman, they get in a rhythm, we score points and put pressure on Peyton's offense.

Wait, it's a mistake going long and making a perfect pass to a receiver one on one down the sideline?

Even if we didn't do that on our second drive, had Brady hit Edelman when he was open deep, we score a TD and go up 7-3. Way different game. Puts pressure on Peyton, gives our defense confidence.

And finally, if he hits Collie on that deep pass, even if we only score a FG, at least it makes the score 10-6, which at that time would have been huge considering we didn't do jack on offense.

When Peyton overthrew his receivers, he usually came back and converted on 3rd downs. We didn't.

In a game that Brady had to be as good as Peyton, keep converting on 3rd downs and keep him off the field, the few critical mistakes he made WAS the game. That is truth man. Our defense was never going to stop Peyton. That offense is way too good for our offense to go 3 and out multiple times.

Peyton converted them because he's throwing to Thomas, Thomas, Welker and Decker. Halleluia this is exactly what I'm saying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Folks, didn't Patriots just score 35 points a game last year? Didn't they put up the 4th best season of all time in 2012-2013?

Did Brady lose it over the offseason?

I don't think so.

I am pretty sure that Slater has never made a play of note on offense and he certainly should never have the ball thrown his way in the AFC Championship game, as that has always been a BAD decision.

Peyton converted them because he's throwing to Thomas, Thomas, Welker and Decker. Halleluia this is exactly what I'm saying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, you are too blind to be objective in critiquing Brady's overall play. It's always someone else's fault. Pointless for me to argue. You do you though.

Folks, didn't Patriots just score 35 points a game last year? Didn't they put up the 4th best season of all time in 2012-2013?

35 PPG yet Brady could put up only 13 points at home vs the Ravens. Another choke job. It's a theme recently. Lots of high scoring regular season offenses that can't do **** in the postseason when playing real teams like Bal/SD/NYG instead of the IND/Tebow Broncos. The whole offense is to blame for those losses and Brady should take credit since he is the most important part of those offenses.

I am pretty sure that Slater has never made a play of note on offense and he certainly should never have the ball thrown his way in the AFC Championship game, as that has always been a BAD decision.

On the Slater play, Brady misses a wide open WR up the middle. Awful decision by Brady:

Bed8zyeCEAAkRHx.jpg:large

Dude, you are too blind to be objective in critiquing Brady's overall play. It's always someone else's fault. Pointless for me to argue. You do you though.

It's what happens when you don't have weapons. Simple as that. When he did/does have weapons, as recently as last season, he's lights out.

35 PPG yet Brady could put up only 13 points at home vs the Ravens. Another choke job. It's a theme recently. Lots of high scoring regular season offenses that can't do **** in the postseason when playing real teams like Bal/SD/NYG instead of the IND/Tebow Broncos. The whole offense is to blame for those losses and Brady should take credit since he is the most important part of those offenses.

San Diego? Were you even at that game? They dominated.

Was Gronk playing against the Ravens last year?

The Giants? We already went over that. Super Bowl record for consectuive completions.

On the Slater play, Brady misses a wide open WR up the middle. Awful decision by Brady:

Bed8zyeCEAAkRHx.jpg:large

You mean the WR 2 yards short of the 1st down with 2 defenders standing on the other side of the line?

"Real teams, huh? I assume you're a Jets fan, but I suppose there's 25-30 disgruntled fan bases that would actually bother to post the first time on January 4th, then post 56 times in about two weeks.

Should have guessed by the username. By the way, it's Patsies, not Patties if you're really intending to be an old school troll.

dsg-bridge_troll-1.jpg

Same play, almost same time, from a different angle. Amendola is open, but leading him puts him right in front of that Broncos player standing on the 30. If he reacts to Brady's pass at all, he tackles Amendola almost instantly at the 29, leading to 4th and 1. Better chance than the play to Slater, but I still don't think it's a given that he gets to the 30.

2w68i00.jpg

Same play, almost same time, from a different angle. Amendola is open, but leading him puts him right in front of that Broncos player standing on the 30. If he reacts to Brady's pass at all, he tackles Amendola almost instantly at the 29, leading to 4th and 1. Better chance than the play to Slater, but I still don't think it's a given that he gets to the 30.

2w68i00.jpg

I would assume on that screen-shot that Amendola is likely first in the progression on a quick in-cut, with both outside receivers running either a 9, or a comeback (Dobson).

Brady made the choice based on the matchup and time he had to make the throw.

Has anyone noticed how Brady's playoff performance has declined since his SB years? He has rarely come up in the clutch for us since 2005. Is he getting a free pass now because of those 4 early years?

2005- Throws near pick 6 and loses vs Denver

2006- Throws 3 picks vs Chargers and gets baiiled out. Loses 18 point halftime lead and throws pick to end the game

2007- Mediocre game vs Chargers. Only puts up 14 vs an average Giants defense despite having the record for most points scored ever.

2009- Lays an egg vs Baltimore at home

2010- Repeats the previous years performance vs the Jets at home

2011- Only puts up 17 points vs Giants and throws a critical 4th quarter INT

2012- Awful game vs Baltimore

2013- Gets outplayed by Manning and misses crucial deep balls to open receivers

The offense averaged 17.8 PPG in those 8 losses.

Coordinators do have a style to them. When Weiss coached KC you could feel the same style and flow that the old Pats teams had. Execution is important but the person playing chess is just as important.

People will blame the cliche execution excuse on the last decade of playoff losses, but the play-calling just isn't championship-level. You can't blame Brady or Slater for execution when the play call is a bomb to Slater who had 1 total catch all season long. You can't blame Vereen for not converting the 2-pt conversion when he's an outside runner and the play call is to run straight into the strength of Denver's run defense at their 2 defensive tackles.

Greg Maddux used to save certain pitches against certain batters, ones he knew would get guys out, until he really needed to use it with men on base. This team would rather use all its pitches early than to save a few and convert when it really needs to in the big moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back