PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's legal team expands

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that puzzles me is why add an attorney when en banc and SCOTUS are unlikely. The NFLPA failed when they didn't match the NFL's hire of Clement. Whether he lied or didn't lie he got the job done.

Kessler was caught flat-footed by all accounts and didn't impress the judges at all. Brady's best move is still the lawsuit. File the papers already son.

I think it sucks that football is no longer discussed here and it feels like I'm on courttv.com when I log into Patsfans. I blame this all on Roger, that guy sucks big time and is single-handedly nuking my interest in the sport. That's some ********!
You sound like a prime candidate to employ the "Ignore Thread" option then. Because, until they start playing, this is what a lot of us are going to be talking about.

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning, don't you?
It's pretty damn close to being Goody's Vietnam. Invest millions and pay a high price in a protracted fight and at the end of it all he needs a magnifying glass to find what was actually won....

It would be a "slap to Goodell" IF the supreme court accepts the case, AND eventually rule against the NFL.

:rolleyes:

Honestly, I'm kinda surprised that the league hasn't dismissed the suspension on its own. It now has the second circuit on record as saying that Goodell can do whatever he wants, whenever he wants, up to and including breaking labor law, and they won't do anything about it. They've also established a process by which they can ensure that any future arbitration disagreement end up being argued in the second circuit.

Seems like enough of a win that they should eliminate any incentive for Brady to continue the fight, purely on the slim chance that he gets an en banc appeal or makes it to the SCOTUS and wins.

If I was commissioner, I would drop Brady's suspension yesterday, and make a statement to the effect of "while I am pleased that the second circuit has affirmed my authority as both commissioner and arbitrator in all cases relating to the integrity of the game, I also wish to extend a hand in cooperation to the players' association and the Patriots organization. While I stand by the Wells Report, I have decided to reduce Tom Brady's punishment to the maximum fine allowable under the collective bargaining agreement". Then again, if I was the commissioner none of this nonsense would have happened in the first place, because this was a ridiculous case and a witch hunt from day one.
This...... is actually a pretty good idea. You give Brady his 4 games back, but now you own CA2. Although it begs the question of whether or not Brady would rather keep fighting the good fight for his union brethren.

giphy.gif

Yes, "here we are" hoping for a Hail Mary in regards to getting the entire 2nd circuit or the Supreme Court to hear the case. Obviously, you already realize the low likelihood of that happening, which then answers your first question.

There's still hope, but I'm sure you can understand why some are considering it to be a long shot.
It seems to me that the "long shots" keep winning in this situation. It was first considered a long shot for Brady to get the suspension overturned, but he did. Then it was considered a long shot for the league to win on appeal, but they did.

I think we can just throw away the book of conventional wisdom with regards to these proceedings.

Except the problem is that Judge Chin was one of those leftist leaning judges. So they've already swayed one to the dark side in this case....

Chin's a moron who never played sports. His remarks have been asinine

Honestly, I'm kinda surprised that the league hasn't dismissed the suspension on its own. It now has the second circuit on record as saying that Goodell can do whatever he wants, whenever he wants, up to and including breaking labor law, and they won't do anything about it. They've also established a process by which they can ensure that any future arbitration disagreement end up being argued in the second circuit.

Seems like enough of a win that they should eliminate any incentive for Brady to continue the fight, purely on the slim chance that he gets an en banc appeal or makes it to the SCOTUS and wins.

If I was commissioner, I would drop Brady's suspension yesterday, and make a statement to the effect of "while I am pleased that the second circuit has affirmed my authority as both commissioner and arbitrator in all cases relating to the integrity of the game, I also wish to extend a hand in cooperation to the players' association and the Patriots organization. While I stand by the Wells Report, I have decided to reduce Tom Brady's punishment to the maximum fine allowable under the collective bargaining agreement". Then again, if I was the commissioner none of this nonsense would have happened in the first place, because this was a ridiculous case and a witch hunt from day one.
Outstanding post.

You speak like a person who is trying to be reasonable with the long view in mind.

Goody is the William Tecumseh Sherman of commissioners. Burn everything in his path and only leave air and misery in his wake and the memory that he won

If he were smart (and I don't believe that he is), he would settle the matter by agreeing to drop the suspension if Brady agrees to waive the appeal and release him from any potential defamation claims. He has already won by stealing draft picks from the Pats and, as you said, obtaining a favorable CA2 decision.

I'd have very mixed feelings about this as I want Brady fully exonerated but I want this madness to end once and for all.

Reason #1247 that it's awesome that Scalia dropped dead.

Not cool, bro.

I've noticed from Scalia's decisions that he does actually seem to have a pretty healthy respect for principals of due process (at least in criminal matters). I wouldn't take it as a given that he would have ruled against Brady here.

Incredible.....

In January of 2015, all Goody had to do was slap TB12 with a $8500 parking ticket and this would have been over.

...now we have Missiles of October.

Unbelievable. He could have satisfactorily ended this multiple times.

I don't understand why they haven't gone after Bill because I don't think he can appeal or anything.
I have my own theory that Bill , after all these years know where all the proverbial bodies are buried and the has plenty of dirty laundry that he has threatened to release if they try to scapegoat him. This dovetails with my belief that the Spygate tapes were destroyed not to protect the Patriots (as alleged b the haters) but because they showed other teams doing the same thing and that the Pats were singled out. By keeping them, they could come out some day. By destroying them and swearing the Pats to secrecy, the NFL could control the narrative. Belichick learned from this and likely vowed never to be victimized again so he collected evidence.
This would explain why the NFL come out early on in Deflategate and cleared him...the knew not to F with him.....Sort of like J Edgar Hoover's files,..............

People can keep clicking on the "disagree" button but getting an en banc hearing is extremely difficult regardless of the lawyer.

I agree with the part about the en banc hearing being difficult to get and even harder to win. I have to think that politics does come into play in that decision and a lawyer with enough juice could make a difference.

So if this thing is going to be escalated, the first move should be to get Brady in the public eye with the populist message of employee rights as it relates to arbitration.

Public opinion sunk him the first time around, this time around he can claim 2 years of hell and legitimate victimhood. He can get it back, if it's not framed in any way about football. People hate him for his football resume but most will relate to labor violations by an employer.

And there needs to be some concerted effort to put a clear and concise packet out there that includes the data from every experiment ever done related to this and air pressure with the biggest demand of Brady's appeal for the NFL to release the PSI information over the last season.

There's no conceivable way those data points need to be secret, unless.

It would be a "slap to Goodell" IF the supreme court accepts the case, AND eventually rule against the NFL.

:rolleyes:
Then Goodell could tell them that they don't know the law..................

I have my own theory that Bill , after all these years know where all the proverbial bodies are buried and the has plenty of dirty laundry that he has threatened to release if they try to scapegoat him. This dovetails with my belief that the Spygate tapes were destroyed not to protect the Patriots (as alleged b the haters) but because they showed other teams doing the same thing and that the Pats were singled out. By keeping them, they could come out some day. By destroying them and swearing the Pats to secrecy, the NFL could control the narrative. Belichick learned from this and likely vowed never to be victimized again so he collected evidence.
This would explain why the NFL come out early on in Deflategate and cleared him...the knew not to F with him.....Sort of like J Edgar Hoover's files,..............
Yep. It's mine as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back