PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's legal team expands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't got through this whole thread, but I had to say I doubt Brady invites the typical left leaning sympathies for the "working class". True, they may be considering the greater picture of their ruling in the organized labour context, but I feel like this case is a wash for politics. You have a multi-million dollar employee/brand vs. a multi-billion dollar brand here.
Rubbish.

Political allegiances are blurred more now than ever. I'd like to think that I'm a fiscal conservative/social liberal but quite frankly I have no freaking idea what party or idealology I should associate myself with (nor do I care) as the right is more liberal than it was 10 years ago and the left is more waaaaaay left in that same timeframe.

In a general sense, the thought of a corporation manufacturing evidence used to support it's leverage over a union disgusts me.

At the end of the day, that is what these idiot judges don't want to address.

Last edited:
Rubbish.

Political allegiances are blurred more now than ever. I'd like to think that I'm a fiscal conservative/social liberal but quite frankly I have no freaking idea what party or idealology I should associate myself with (nor do I care) as the right is more liberal than it was 10 years ago and the left is more waaaaaay left in that same timeframe.

In a general sense, the thought of a corporation manufacturing evidence to use to support it's leverage over a union disgusts me.

Honestly, I feel like I'm reading about the current state of Australia. It's difficult to choose a side because both are as corrupt and as terrible as each other. Sadly, it's the death of good policy thanks to personal ambition.

Just yesterday, we had the Opposition ask the Government about carp and how they planned to handle to infestation. Barnaby Joyce, Deputy Leader, went on a tirade. All I could do was shake my head at the question and response.

Honestly, I feel like I'm reading about the current state of Australia. It's difficult to choose a side because both are as corrupt and as terrible as each other. Sadly, it's the death of good policy thanks to personal ambition.

Just yesterday, we had the Opposition ask the Government about carp and how they planned to handle to infestation. Barnaby Joyce, Deputy Leader, went on a tirade. All I could do was shake my head at the question and response.

I consider the Aussies and Americans as doppelgangers is this world- more than the Brits.

Looks like our imbecilic governments are one in the same as well.

Last edited:
I consider the Aussies and Americans as doppelgangers is this world- more than the Brits.

Looks like are imbecilic governments are one in the same as well.
You're absolutely spot on. Outside of a few minor differences, we're gradually moving to America-lite. That's not necessarily a bad thing as I'm hopeful some of the US business nous finally trickles into our idiotic leaders but we're also accumulating the bad, especially when it comes to national debt (that doesn't look like slowing any time soon).

You're absolutely spot on. Outside of a few minor differences, we're gradually moving to America-lite. That's not necessarily a bad thing as I'm hopeful some of the US business nous finally trickles into our idiotic leaders but we're also accumulating the bad, especially when it comes to national debt (that doesn't look like slowing any time soon).

America was and will be never perfect but the desire for balance is becoming non-existent and extremism is the ideology du jour.

I can almost feel the tide turning.
The tide's been turning over and over since the Deflategate story broke. As a result, the ever-shifting tides have created a massive vortex that has swallowed all of New England, Führer Goodell's gestapo headquarters (i.e. the NFL offices), and all common sense. Where is FEMA when you need them?

Rubbish.

In a general sense, the thought of a corporation manufacturing evidence used to support it's leverage over a union disgusts me.

But that's what I'm saying, that the politics are "blurred" here, if they factor in at all.

But that's what I'm saying, that the politics are "blurred" here, if they factor in at all.

We might be saying the same thing but my point is that I don't think the average American knows enough about what the party ideology is all about anymore to align themselves to the cause.

In short, it's more about blind hatred, blind allegiance, and being misinformed which is what most Americans are about politics anyway.

Except for the posters on this board. :)

"My name's Blurryface and I care what you think!"

The tide's been turning over and over since the Deflategate story broke. As a result, the ever-shifting tides have created a massive vortex that has swallowed all of New England, Führer Goodell's gestapo headquarters (i.e. the NFL offices), and all common sense. Where is FEMA when you need them?
In East Rutherford, N.J. of course.

I don't even think it is management versus labor as far as the judges are concerned. It's "arbitrators should have a lot of power" versus "arbitrators have to stay within certain bounds of fairness."
I think it's an issue of stepping outside of those "boundaries of fairness" versus "you're the dumbasses who agreed to this stuff in your CBA" type of deal. That's where the gray area seems to lie, no?

I mean, it's basically interpreting a labor agreement/contract between employer and employee. Different people are going to have different opinions. There seem to be arguments for both sides in terms of overstepping boundaries and delegating responsibility (Vincent) versus the supposedly ironclad "Article 46."

The whole entire thing is a massive ****show, not to mention a complete waste of money and attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back