PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's agent's response

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NFL and NFLPA collectively bargained this. It is borderline criminal to suspend a union member for exercising a collectively bargained right.
Can you expand on this? What exactly does the CBA say about this situation? Not being sarcastic; just curious.

Can you expand on this? What exactly does the CBA say about this situation? Not being sarcastic; just curious.
The NFL does not have subpoena power. Apparently is was a contention in the CBA, and the NFLPA would not give it.
If you don't have subpoena power you cannot demand the phone. Well you can, but cannot hold them accountable for saying no.

Can these appeals or whatever Brady and his agent are filing be heard before the season starts?

Federal court cases take time. Without a rush, the Pats won't even get to a neutral arbitrator before the season starts. Further, even if they got to one in August or earlier, the distraction and uncertainty could be pretty bad. Time is indeed of the essence.
Not necessarily. I believe that certain circumstances can get a caseput on a fast track. One of those circumstances might be the fact that if a decision isn't rendered by the start of the season, Brady will have been denied the right of being exonerated. I'm certainly not an attorney, but I believe there are instances where that type of situation is taken into consideration.

Very doubtful. The NFL has ZERO subpoena powers. It can't force anybody to act 'cooperatively' against their best interests. Besides how 'cooperative' Brady was is very subjective. Yee stated that Brady made himself available for interviews for nearly an entire day. He had no obligation to turn over his cellphone because of NFL's said lack of power to force said action.

The NFL has to prove that the punishment was merited based on the rules of the game. And the evidence presented in the Wells report as published is completely circumstantial and inferred. It should not hold up when reviewed by a competent and Neutral Arbiter of the Law.

Yee will anything relating to the investigation of the footballs. The main thing NFL is going to contest is the lack of cooperation according to them. That is what yee has to prove somehow is wrong.

Jeff Pash has to be looking long and hard at this...suspend Bardy four games and then Judge Doty chops of the NFL's head in federal court? Look, once a federal magistrate rules in Brady's favor...Brady's WIFE nukes the league for triple damages to HER brand. It's like no one realizes this is TIED in to all this.

I'm concerned about the Pats punishment especially considering the Wells Report exonerated them. Although I know the CBA says the Pats can't fight it, I'd like to see Mr. Kraft try.
The CBA never stopped Al Davis. Backing Goodell has backfired for Kraft with the NFL coming down hard on the Pats in order to not appear to show favoritism.

I imagine Goodell's Maine house will look like something this after he is forced to leave after endless hatemail with Goodell spray painted.
5x09-breaking-bad-heisenberg.jpeg

Relax.

The ideal gas law has not been repealed. The more NFL execs (re: Goodell) deny the Ideal gas law the more fish are on the hook.

The players who sued in Bounty-gate won.
Yes, Brady will have to submit to discovery. So will the NFL. Do you think they want published what they did not give the union before the CBA. Brady, as a union guy, might refuse to settle to get that.

The CBA never stopped Al Davis. Backing Goodell has backfired for Kraft with the NFL coming down hard on the Pats in order to not appear to show favoritism.

Kraft is more interested in protecting Goodell than Brady.

don yee, sounds like the name of a yakuza boss.

....if goodell is the " neutral arbitrator " then tom is doomed....

Outside arbitrator. If Brady goes to court and demands one, he'll probably win the case. (That's not the same thing as saying the outside arbitrator will render a decision favorable to him.)

I hope you're right but it does not apply.
IMHO I believe Brady will win appeal with the exception of if the league can punish someone based on not turning over their personal communications. However, I was asking about the team. AKAIK the Patriots team has no recourse (though I plead ignorance as to the actual polcies with the teams).

I imagine Goodell's Maine house will look like something this after he is forced to leave after endless hatemail with Goodell spray painted.
5x09-breaking-bad-heisenberg.jpeg

Goodell has a house in Maine? I'm making a trip back there soon, anyone have the address?

(Don't worry, I'm joking).

don yee, sounds like the name of a yakuza boss.

....if goodell is the " neutral arbitrator " then tom is doomed....

Luckily, I think this is the one and only PR battle that I think Brady could take the league to the mat over right now. Everyone outside New England hates Brady and the Pats, but even the most jealousy-blind idiot understand that the appeal needs to be heard by a neutral third party.

Kraft is more interested in protecting Goodell than Brady.

AJ you can't actually believe that at this point. Look, Kraft might have erred in backing the Emperor done in the name of better business, however, no chance Kraft is sitting there feeling anything but outrage.

the last neutral arbitrator was Tags...he buried Goodell. Not worried about that. EVERYONE in this country is in fear of the federal court system. You cannot argue "more likely than not ,therefore arbitrary decision suspending all due process". Goodell and the flunkies KNOW this...THAT is why they grabbed the picks and the fine. The court has no jurisdiction over THOSE items

the last neutral arbitrator was Tags...he buried Goodell. Not worried about that. EVERYONE in this country is in fear of the federal court system. You cannot argue "more likely than not ,therefore arbitrary decision suspending all due process". Goodell and the flunkies KNOW this...THAT is why they grabbed the picks and the fine. The court has no jurisdiction over THOSE items

so the suspension will get reduced?? when brady files the appeal, how long do we have to wait?
thanks

AJ you can't actually believe that at this point. Look, Kraft might have erred in backing the Emperor done in the name of better business, however, no chance Kraft is sitting there feeling anything but outrage.

Where is he?
His comments about the Wells report said ZERO about the attach on Brady's integrity, and knowing that Brady was the target, he agree to accept the findings and whatever punishment is given.
He could change his tune, but to this point everyone not named Kraft in Foxboro are 'the help' and Roger Goodell is his friend, and the man he overwhelmingly supports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes