PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's agent's response

Status
Not open for further replies.
The longer this goes without Brady speaking for himself the more he looks guilty. He might get his suspension reduced or eliminated via arbitration but he will not win back his reputation by arbitration.

Luckily, I think this is the one and only PR battle that I think Brady could take the league to the mat over right now. Everyone outside New England hates Brady and the Pats, but even the most jealousy-blind idiot understand that the appeal needs to be heard by a neutral third party.

I have a different take. Everybody outside New England may hate Brady and the Patriots, however, they are predisposed to hate the NFL Execs and Goodell more. They just need a shove in that direction..

Kraft will do nothing

Doing nothing and being happy about it is not the same thing. I wish Kraft would do something but I suspect he won't (maybe behind the scenes but not likely). But, again, that is not the same thing as being happy. There isn't a chance in hell that Kraft is happy about this.

Make no mistake this just created what will likely be an unrepairable fissure between the Emperor and Kraft. I'd go so far as to say Jonathan will have to be fully and autonomously in charge before the Patriots and the commissioners office become warmly friendly again. Then again time heals all wounds and the public has a memory that lasts about a weekend.

Where is he?
His comments about the Wells report said ZERO about the attach on Brady's integrity, and knowing that Brady was the target, he agree to accept the findings and whatever punishment is given.
He could change his tune, but to this point everyone not named Kraft in Foxboro are 'the help' and Roger Goodell is his friend, and the man he overwhelmingly supports.

AJ I hear ya but you are taking a lack of words as X when it may mean Y. I mean Brady himself has said nothing.
Look this is the first salvo. Brady and the Patriots are discussing this with their counsels and media experts. At least give Brady a chance to speak, then see what Kraft does/says, then we can see where Kraft is at. Also remember about Kraft, he is under a far more limiting contractual obligation than Brady. He needs to be sure about his next statements else how about maybe we lose picks in round #3 and #5?

Again let's let it play out before drawing lines. Besides this ain't a time to be mad at Patriot people. Maybe that time will come but it ain't now. The anger belongs with the Emperor and his court jesters.

AJ I hear ya but you are taking a lack of words as X when it may mean Y. I mean Brady himself has said nothing.
Look this is the first salvo. Brady and the Patriots are discussing this with their counsels and media experts. At least give Brady a chance to speak, then see what Kraft does/says, then we can see where Kraft is at. Also remember about Kraft, he is under a far more limiting contractual obligation than Brady. He needs to be sure about his next statements else how about maybe we lose picks in round #3 and #5?

Again let's let it play out before drawing lines. Besides this ain't a time to be mad at Patriot people. Maybe that time will come but it ain't now. The anger belongs with the Emperor and his court jesters.

He certainly can change his act, but he failed miserably so far. I think he realizes that because he essentially admitted he was wrong in his recent statement. He needs to go farther.
He needs to support the team not the league.

I'd go so far as to say Jonathan will have to be fully and autonomously in charge before the Patriots and the commissioners office become warmly friendly again.
Yeah, definitely wouldn't say that.

The longer this goes without Brady speaking for himself the more he looks like he is going to sue the league. He might get his suspension reduced or eliminated via arbitration but he will not win back his reputation by arbitration.

Fixed.

I have a different take. Everybody outside New England may hate Brady and the Patriots, however, they are predisposed to hate the NFL Execs and Goodell more. They just need a shove in that direction..

FWIW, I live in California, and I'm surrounded by non-Pats fans. They hate Goodell, but they hate Brady and the Pats even more. It's sad and pathetic, but it's true.

The closest thing to a sympathetic response I'm seeing is "wow, Goodell is ****ing this up so badly that I might actually have to take Tom Brady's side, of all people". And even that's the minority.

And again, it's all just jealousy. As much as they hate Brady, they hate Pierce and LeBron just as much. Anyone who wins while their ****ty team continues to suck will draw their hatred. Doubly so if it's a New England team. The rest of the country generally hates us, we don't care, and they continue to hate us because we don't care. I find it kinda cute, and I'm openly patronizing about it, because **** em. It's pretty much a closed loop by now.

Last edited:
I want to see TB12!!!

Brady - I want to see you out there and defend your honor! Enough of the nice guy. You have been attacked. I don't want to hear your owner or your agent. I want to see you!

Yee will anything relating to the investigation of the footballs. The main thing NFL is going to contest is the lack of cooperation according to them. That is what yee has to prove somehow is wrong.
Can someone point out a written policy that states a player has to turn over his personal cell phone or it is conduct detrimental to the league.? Without a written policy agreed to in the CBA, it would seem that a player could make a strong case that he has a reasonable expectation of privacy and that it's an invasion of privacy to give it up...

If the suspension is overturned, I would like to see Kraft bring a motion among his fellow owners to overturn the loss of draft picks. It will never pass, maybe never even see a vote but it would be interesting to see where his fellow owners stand.......

0:44 mark
"you let them get away with this and you give them the eternal right to do the same damn thing to any one of you" Buford ****er- Standing Tall

Last edited:
Have to laugh at the wording... They try to make it sound like they would've been extra super careful and courteous with Brady's phone so why wouldn't he give it to them?!!?

Considering the unrelenting NFL front office leaks the days after the AFCCG, you'd be a fool to give up your phone if your CBA says you don't have to. Further, considering Wells includes texts from Jastremski to his fiancée in the report, I have no doubt he would have purposefully used texts from Brady to Giselle/others to attempt to "prove his point", but in reality would really be to embarrass.

Not necessarily. I believe that certain circumstances can get a caseput on a fast track. One of those circumstances might be the fact that if a decision isn't rendered by the start of the season, Brady will have been denied the right of being exonerated. I'm certainly not an attorney, but I believe there are instances where that type of situation is taken into consideration.
I think the appeal can be held faster. According to the CBA, it appears that it has to be held within 10 days of an appeal being filed unless parties agree to a delay ( to get discovery) and boy will there be discovery on this.....
https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/collective-bargaining-agreement-2011-2020.pdf
page 204 Section 46 2(a) i

He certainly can change his act, but he failed miserably so far. I think he realizes that because he essentially admitted he was wrong in his recent statement. He needs to go farther.
He needs to support the team not the league.

AJ, don't mistake my responses with you as me being a proxy for Kraft. I am with ya, I have a visceral response to this sham and I want Kraft to be part of the battle against it. The only thing I am suggesting is not Kraft, not Brady, not BB should be judged by their responses so far. IMHO any of those guys speaking too much would have been a mistake until Emperor Goodell decided to send Kraft, Brady, BB and us fans on the NFL's version of the Bataan death march. But now that he has let's see where these guys are really at. Further, as much as it pains me to say, Kraft may be legally hamstrung. Speaking out of turn could further harm the franchise. It was harmed enough today by this sham, there is no need to harm it further with gut reaction statements. But, even with caution, I will be very disappointed if Kraft doesn't do something at minimum behind the scenes to fight this battle. If Kraft says "this is my business, the NFL, I will not harm it no matter what?". F 'em!

That's why the first step is to sue for an INJUNCTION against the NFL's actions. And the second step is to go for the Appeal. Or file BOTH at the same time. Don't allow the NFL to moot the case by dragging out the appeal process.

Courts very likely would dismiss the case as "unripe" until Brady exhausts all the internal red tape.

Courts very likely would dismiss the case as "unripe" until Brady exhausts all the internal red tape.

if he files for an injuction now he has no basis to show "immediate and irreparable harm." The season doesn't start for 4 months, and like you said, he has other avenues he has to exhaust first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore