PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady yelling at OFF. coordinator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady is among the best QBs of all time. He still has the potential to be the best of all time. What separates him from that stature are team victories in the playoffs. A Qb helps to bring about team victories by on field play and by his team leadership. Unfortunately, in the past 4 playoff games the offense has been sub-par (21-12 W vs San Diego, 14-17 L vs NYG, 14-33 L vs Balt, 21-28 L vs Jets).

In terms of on field play, since 2007 Brady has become fixated with passing the ball to the detriment of a balanced attack, an offensive strategy which damages the ability of this team to win big games against quality opponents (in the past 4 playoff games the only game they won was vs SD when they executed a long 4th Q drive running the ball exclusively). BB IMO seems to have enabled this pass-happy pattern by making Brady the de facto OCoordinator.

In terms of leadership, I believe Brady is no longer one of the guys in the sense he was as a younger player. He is the superstar par excellence. That is simply a fact. Just this season, several items have gotten into the press: (1) criticizing his young TEs, (2) his exchange with Underwood, (3) his recent statement that "he is not going to allow 1st and 2nd year players to get in the way of team goals" which may explain the disappearance of Ridley (4) mouthing off to his Qb coach BOB (4) release of Taylor Price, who showed skill this preseason. Either Curran or Reiss commented that "Price and Brady just never clicked from the time Price got here". Compare the development of Price with that of Victor Cruz in NY. Eli Manning seems to develop good young receivers every season. Brees does the same. Rodgers does the same. Roethlisberger does the same.

We want Brady to be the best QB ever, period. To accomplish that he needs to improve his leadership with young players, commit to running the ball as an integral part of this offense, and allow himself to be coached during the game.

BB can help Brady by empowering a real Ocoordinator, whom Brady respects, to coach him. Until last Sunday, I felt that person was not on the staff. I still have my doubts, but BOB showed something and I'm somewhat encouraged by that.

The reason the incident in DC is generating so much interest is that it was a microcosm of all the issues I have outlined above. We observed out in the open some of the problems we have only been able to surmise up to this point. We have to hope that the public attention to the incident will act as a wake up call to the organization, specifically to BB; he must steer the good ship Patriot away from the treacherous rocks of institutional rot. Hopefully he does not "tune out the noise".

If these issues can be addressed promptly, I expect the Patriots to be playing in the SB in February.

I went threw that interception video over 50 times breaking down the play, couldn't help take a hundred peaks at the spat as well.

TB was right everyone else was dead wrong and he got up to take the blame in the end. Speculating over sound bites and media assumptions isn't the healthiest of practices.

Block out the noise Pony, peace

Last edited:
Brady is among the best QBs of all time. He still has the potential to be the best of all time. What separates him from that stature are team victories in the playoffs. A Qb helps to bring about team victories by on field play and by his team leadership. Unfortunately, in the past 4 playoff games the offense has been sub-par (21-12 W vs San Diego, 14-17 L vs NYG, 14-33 L vs Balt, 21-28 L vs Jets).

In terms of on field play, since 2007 Brady has become fixated with passing the ball to the detriment of a balanced attack, an offensive strategy which damages the ability of this team to win big games against quality opponents (in the past 4 playoff games the only game they won was vs SD when they executed a long 4th Q drive running the ball exclusively). BB IMO seems to have enabled this pass-happy pattern by making Brady the de facto OCoordinator.

In terms of leadership, I believe Brady is no longer one of the guys in the sense he was as a younger player. He is the superstar par excellence. That is simply a fact. Just this season, several items have gotten into the press: (1) criticizing his young TEs, (2) his exchange with Underwood, (3) his recent statement that "he is not going to allow 1st and 2nd year players to get in the way of team goals" which may explain the disappearance of Ridley (4) mouthing off to his Qb coach BOB (4) release of Taylor Price, who showed skill this preseason. Either Curran or Reiss commented that "Price and Brady just never clicked from the time Price got here". Compare the development of Price with that of Victor Cruz in NY. Eli Manning seems to develop good young receivers every season. Brees does the same. Rodgers does the same. Roethlisberger does the same.

We want Brady to be the best QB ever, period. To accomplish that he needs to improve his leadership with young players, commit to running the ball as an integral part of this offense, and allow himself to be coached during the game.

BB can help Brady by empowering a real Ocoordinator, whom Brady respects, to coach him. Until last Sunday, I felt that person was not on the staff. I still have my doubts, but BOB showed something and I'm somewhat encouraged by that.

The reason the incident in DC is generating so much interest is that it was a microcosm of all the issues I have outlined above. We observed out in the open some of the problems we have only been able to surmise up to this point. We have to hope that the public attention to the incident will act as a wake up call to the organization, specifically to BB; he must steer the good ship Patriot away from the treacherous rocks of institutional rot. Hopefully he does not "tune out the noise".

If these issues can be addressed promptly, I expect the Patriots to be playing in the SB in February.

That's a great idea.

Victor Cruz is a slot receiver so let's bench Welker so Brady can develop a young receiver just like Eli.

Maybe Brady should be like R'berger. Who wouldn't want the 20th ranked scoring offense? Yup that's where I want to be:rocker:

patsfans.com......because wins mean nothing if you don't get the style points.

That's a great idea.

Victor Cruz is a slot receiver so let's bench Welker so Brady can develop a young receiver just like Eli.

Maybe Brady should be like R'berger. Who wouldn't want the 20th ranked scoring offense? Yup that's where I want to be:rocker:

Yeah, cause it's impossible to quickly develop wideout, only slot guys can be productive early on:rolleyes:

.... Compare the development of Price with that of Victor Cruz in NY. Eli Manning seems to develop good young receivers every season. Brees does the same. Rodgers does the same. Roethlisberger does the same.

The reason the incident in DC is generating so much interest is that it was a microcosm of all the issues I have outlined above....

spock.gif

That's a great idea.

Well, we never have managed to replace NEM. Lots of folks auditioning, though...

The fact that our TEs came online very quickly, and also they they've been successful ling up wide here and there, only strenthens my argument.

Actually it weakens it since they had no position coach in 2010 and no off season in 2011... They seem to keep telling us that Brady is developing them, but some of us simply don't want to take their word for it...and others seem to want to call him out over it. :bricks:

I saw the incident again and it looks like BOB just butted into a calm conversation between UW and Brady. Whatever he said might have been insulting for Brady to have reacted so angry.

Actually it weakens it since they had no position coach in 2010 and no off season in 2011... They seem to keep telling us that Brady is developing them, but some of us simply don't want to take their word for it...and others seem to want to call him out over it. :bricks:

Whose fault is it that they've had no position coach? There are QBs that take it upon themselves to work with players in the offseason to get them up to speed.

More could be have been done, it simply wasn't.

Whose fault is it that they've had no position coach? There are QBs that take it upon themselves to work with players in the offseason to get them up to speed.

Belichick is famous for having a relatively small coaching staff. Despite that, he's been able to win multiple Super Bowls and develop plenty of players.

There are plenty of issues to question with the Patriots. I don't think this is one of them. It's not as if Brandon Tate's WR career has taken off since he went to Carolina, after all.

Some fans are eager to identify themselves as "defenders of the faith", that faith being a cult of personality surrounding certain players and organizational figures.

As we know, all human beings are fallible, and some times loving something or somebody means offering constructive criticism.

If such an approach is verboten, then we have constructed "idols" for ourselves, which by their very nature are self-deceptions.

For some fans, sports has replaced religion as an outlet for hope and communal interaction, and as a consequence sports figures take on an excessive importance in people's lives. People always want to believe in "infallible heroes".

There are dangers in this approach. Just a day before the Sandusky scandal broke, I remember thinking what an amazing man Paterno was, how his program never had any problems, and how glad I was he had broken the coaching record instead of the somewhat sketchy Bobby Bowden.

I am in no way suggesting the Patriots are like Penn State. I am merely pointing out that when people want to discredit even mild criticism, criticism offered in a constructive manner by someone who loves the team, as somehow "heretical", we are witnessing "institutional rot" in the fan base.

Last edited:
Some fans are eager to identify themselves as "defenders of the faith", that faith being a cult of personality surrounding certain players and organizational figures.

As we know, all human beings are fallible, and some times loving something or somebody means offering constructive criticism.

If such an approach is verboten, then we have constructed "idols" for ourselves, which by their very nature are self-deceptions.

For some fans, sports has replaced religion as an outlet for hope and communal interaction, and as a consequence sports figures take on an excessive importance in people's lives. People always want to believe in "infallible heroes".

There are dangers in this approach. Just a day before the Sandusky scandal broke, I remember thinking what an amazing man Paterno was, how his program never had any problems, and how glad I was he had broken the coaching record instead of the somewhat sketchy Bobby Bowden.

I am in no way suggesting the Patriots are like Penn State. I am merely pointing out that when people want to discredit even mild criticism, criticism offered in a constructive manner by someone who loves the team, as somehow "heretical", we are witnessing "institutional rot" in the fan base.

...........................:yawn2:

Well, it wasn't Tom's. And he does work with players in the offseason to get them up to speed, when we have them in the offseason which isn't always the case here.

More can always be done. That is what Brady preaches every week in his post game presser. This week his OC attempted to tear him a new one while he was coaching up his street FA WR on the bench. Fortunately for him Brady is a big picture guy so he let it go.

Belichick is famous for having a relatively small coaching staff. Despite that, he's been able to win multiple Super Bowls and develop plenty of players.

There are plenty of issues to question with the Patriots. I don't think this is one of them. It's not as if Brandon Tate's WR career has taken off since he went to Carolina, after all.

Just because one has been successful with something in the past doesn't mean that it's the way to go. Also, one will likely need more coaches if there are more younger players on the team.

Tate is more of a selection issue, he was a bad bet to begin with, I don think any level of coaching would have helped him.

Well, it wasn't Tom's. And he does work with players in the offseason to get them up to speed, when we have them in the offseason which isn't always the case here.

More can always be done. That is what Brady preaches every week in his post game presser. This week his OC attempted to tear him a new one while he was coaching up his street FA WR on the bench. Fortunately for him Brady is a big picture guy so he let it go.

For the record, I've looked at that INT a dozen times and I think it's completely clear that underwood blew the route, TFB was 100% correct to let him know he messed up.

Just because one has been successful with something in the past doesn't mean that it's the way to go. Also, one will likely need more coaches if there are more younger players on the team.

1.) They've had a lot of younger players on the team since day one.

2.) While it doesn't mean that it's the way to do, the reality is that they have developed young receivers before. The likely culprit here is talent/fit, not coaching. The same issues have come up with veterans, after all.

Tate is more of a selection issue, he was a bad bet to begin with, I don think any level of coaching would have helped him.

If Tate's a selection issue (and I agree that it is), your complaint makes no sense.

Last edited:

What you are apparently suggesting is that other patsfans who disagree with you are somehow more likely to be prone to idol worship you than you apparently admit to being...And that is not institutional rot, it's self absorbed and twisted rationalization to allow you to dismiss criticism of your own opinion by others as rot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes