PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Wins! BBBBRRRRRRAAAADDDDDYYYYYYY WINS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilbon ripping people at ESPN although not by name calling them stupid for regurgitating the idea that this investigation was independent .

Completely bizarre. Those two a-holes spent months trashing Brady, Belichick, and the Patriots.

Completely bizarre. Those two a-holes spent months trashing Brady, Belichick, and the Patriots.

This is what they do. They talked a ton of **** about Brady, made one or two bet-hedging statements re: process in the past few weeks, and now they're spotlighting the latter and ignoring the former to claim they were right all along.

If the ruling had gone the other way, they would have claimed the same thing: they were right the whole time. They're hacks.

Not surprising they are appealing. But it is just proves how petty they are. They're the one's that venue shopped and ran to a NY court to try to avoid Doty and it backfired.
Given the nature of the beast, I wouldn't expect the NFL to meekly accept this and then quietly slink back to their NY offices. I expect them to loudly protest the verdict, proclaim the rightness of their actions and positions AND then quietly slink back to their NY offices.

As important as what Berman decided is what he didn't make a ruling on. I thought he clearly chose just the points where he thought his ruling would be unassailable, since he pretty much could tell that the NFL would appeal. Federal judges, in particular, do not like being reversed, and I read his decision as crafted very much in that light.

I will be suprised if the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals spends too much time on a case that has been as stupid as this one all along, particulary since Judge Berman made it easy for them to agree with him. He went out of his way not to substitute what his opinion as an arbitrator would have been, only to point out where the process of arbitration was unfair to Brady and the NFLPA, citing authorities all the way.

I'm sure the NFL, in its appeal, will have plenty of authorities to cite, showing that Berman should be reversed, but you can be sure that Kessler is already at work on his response, pointing out to the 2nd Circuit why all those cases do not mean what the NFL says they mean, and why the ones Berman cited are the correct ones. He's been pretty good all along at anticipating what the NFL would do, and coming up with some good answers.

50 years from now, our great grandkids will look back on these last 7 months, and ask "WTF were these people thinking? All this hoopla for air pressure in footballs?"

Bill Polian on Sirius XM:

I can't say I was surprised, given what was transpiring in the court....

...found a way, flimsy though it may be, to rule that way.

giphy.gif

LOL, Polian...

latest

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley 9m9 minutes ago
Stephanie Stradley retweeted Tom E. Curran
Undertold story beyond Brady. NFL discipline process hurts people indiscriminately. Reputations. Jobs. Many examples
Stephanie Stradley added,
Tom E. Curran @tomecurran
Just spoke to Tom Brady Sr. Said he couldn't be happier. Was really too choked up to speak.
This chokes me up. I bet this guy's been suffering--till today.

The ESPN talking points today have been to kill Goodell and the NFL for some reason. Anyone anti-Brady and the Pats have been taken off the air and they are letting the Bruschis of the network have their pound of flesh of the NFL. I am sure they will go back to anti-Patriots tomorrow, but they are throwing the Pats a bone today.

Been hours since the great news, I'm still smiling, still laughing out loud at the haters....it feels like the day after the Super Bowl all over again.
Love it!!!!!!

BTW the PTI boys just crushed Goodell, said he's got to go and Wilbon says Brady's rep is clean.
Still smilin'! :D

America's Pregame ‏@AmericasPregame 35s36 seconds ago
“There’s very little likelihood that Goodell is ultimately going to win [the appeal].” - Legal Analyst Amy Feldman

Not exactly going out on a limb. Basically now the likelihood of winning just based on the law and not the facts of the case has flipped on its ears. Now Brady is the overwhelming favorite and would need Judge Berman basically either getting the law completely wrong or be found judicial misconduct to overturned on the three major counts he ruled in favor of Brady.

Been hours since the great news, I'm still smiling, still laughing out loud at the haters....it feels like the day after the Super Bowl all over again.
Love it!!!!!!

BTW the PTI boys just crushed Goodell, said he's got to go and Wilbon says Brady's rep is clean.
Still smilin'! :D
I will never forget wilbon coming on WEEI after the AFCCG saying BB should be banned for life or something like that.

The ESPN talking points today have been to kill Goodell and the NFL for some reason. Anyone anti-Brady and the Pats have been taken off the air and they are letting the Bruschis of the network have their pound of flesh of the NFL. I am sure they will go back to anti-Patriots tomorrow, but they are throwing the Pats a bone today.
Is that Goodell's way of issuing an apology?

This chokes me up. I bet this guy's been suffering--till today.

I am so happy for Tom Sr. It really is sweet how much he loves his boy and how emotional and unembarrassed he is about it. I love their relationship. I'm sure Dad has been like the rest of us: high as a giraffe's ass over the verdict and unable to get one bit of work done all day. :p

Bill Polian on Sirius XM:

I can't say I was surprised, given what was transpiring in the court....

...found a way, flimsy though it may be, to rule that way.

8VkFNmO.jpg

Jonathan Kraft is correct ...
the system needs to be repaired ... fairness needs to be a major part of the process.

As per the ruling, it's not 'fairness' so much as actual due process. It doesn't matter what a collective bargaining contract states, any accused person is entitled to know the charges against them, the penalties or benefits of their pleas, and full disclosure of all evidence against them. Not one of those things were in any way granted through this entire debacle. Goodell and the NFL got exactly what they deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News