PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady vs Rodgers vs Manning

Because you are here for a simple purpose. Timothy Tebow. We know who you are and what you stand for relative to this forum. Just play nice and no one will come after you.

Tebow might have led me here, but I'll post in other threads because I enjoy discussing football. If and when I want to discuss Tebow, I'll happily jump into a "Tebow thread" and do so.

If you have anything further to add to the discussion, by all means, do so. If you want to talk Tebow, go find one of the Tebow threads, or if you want to talk to me directly, send a PM.

I'm probably going to get "smacked" now ... :rocker: lol, but here goes ...

I'm not a Manning fan, however, in the comparison of the above mentioned, I would say Manning above Brady above Rodgers ...;

I've always thought Brady "owes" alot of his succes to Belichick, mostly evident by the season Brady got injured, Cassel was still able to lead the Patriots to an 11-5 record (but look at Cassel now ... ) I'm not saying Brady isn't a great QB, because he is, just that without Belichick, he probably wouldn't be in consideration for GoaT ...

Rodgers; (being a Packer fan I may be considered biased ...) But Rodgers isn't anywhere near the level of Brady, let alone Manning (yet). IF Rodgers can continue his performance on a level ón paar with the 2011 season, for several more years, then he might be considered, but so far Rodgers has had the benefit of having (probably) the most talented and deepest (talentwise) receiver core, up till now in the NFL ... Even Flynn was able to break a single game record of 5-6 Tds in a game ...

Rodgers is an extremely gifted QB, and We have been very lucky, in having QBs in succession with such talents, but lets wait to compare Rodgers to Brady and Manning just yet, because I doubt Rodgers would have had the same success elsewhere, which I also believe about Brady ..., but unlike Brady, "Mc'Lardy" isn't ón BBs level, however, the Packers receivers and TEs make Rodgers look better than he is ...

Manning has been able to lead his teams in both Indy and now also in Denver, despite not having as much succes in the post season, I would still give Manning the edge above Brady, mostly because Manning in spite of having different coaches, was still able to lead his teams ...

Just a few thoughts from Denmark ... ;-)

This has been beaten to death, and the data can be found on any number of threads about this. Brady's got the non-longevity stats, both career and season. Brady's got the win %, both reg and post seasons. Brady's got the rings. Manning's a top 20 all-time NFL QB. He's somewhere between 9-15. Brady's top 1-5.

Ergo: Brady > Manning

Tebow might have led me here, but I'll post in other threads because I enjoy discussing football. If and when I want to discuss Tebow, I'll happily jump into a "Tebow thread" and do so.

If you have anything further to add to the discussion, by all means, do so. If you want to talk Tebow, go find one of the Tebow threads, or if you want to talk to me directly, send a PM.

No problems, Demo, looking forward to legitimate football convos. Just keep in mind that your reputation precedes you. We know who you are.

ps why did you drop the 9?

No problems, Demo, looking forward to legitimate football convos. Just keep in mind that your reputation precedes you. We know who you are.

Salva,

I really don't give a damned what supposed "reputation" precedes me.

As to "we know who you are", really??? Did you figure it out all by yourself ? I'm impressed ! I mean, it's not like my first sentence in my very first post here on this forum gave at least a small hint:

New member here. Will go ahead and get it out of the way, yes, I'm a Tebow fan.

Or another subtle hint from my third post:

Funniest part about that is how wrong Joker was. That's MY avatar over at JI :)

Great detective work there guy. Don't know how you managed to do it, seeing as how I was being so stealthy and all that..... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Let's get analytical.
3 factors: (1) QB stats, (2) post season play (3) Quality of WR supporting cast
+, 0, -

Note that a - for (3) is the opposite indicating a less than stellar supporting cast

Brady: (1) +.......(2) +......(3) - (except 2007...)

Rogers: (1) +.......(2) 0......(3) +

Manning: (1) +.......(2) - ......(3) +

Answer: BRADY!

Clearly TFB has performed more consistently, notably having super performances in years like 2006 where he had no supporting cast at WR and the defense utterly collapsed late in the AFCCG. He has been less than stellar in recent SB appearances yet did enough to ensure a W had the Pats had any D.

All are excellent QBs and w/o ever having had TFB we would be thrilled to have any of them, Brees included.

I'd definitely have to disagree with you. Manning is a great QB, but a lot of that also has to do with the "system" that he runs. Funny thing, for all Manning's "brilliance", the offense Tom Moore put in, and that Manning has been successful with, was ridiculously simple. They basically ran about 15 plays, they just executed them very well and teams had trouble stopping them. Here's a good write up about it at Smartfootball.

It also helps when you have the refs in your back pocket.

There was a season where the entire Colts defense had zero pass interference calls against it. ZERO. And that was AFTER they tightened the rules.

It also helps when you have the refs in your back pocket.

There was a season where the entire Colts defense had zero pass interference calls against it. ZERO. And that was AFTER they tightened the rules.

That can not be true?

I'm not disputing the simplicity of the offenses Manning has been running both in Indy and now in Denver, however, I'm just saying in my opinion, between the above mentioned QBs, I'd give Manning the "edge" ... When (if?) Belichick and Brady is able to win a fourth title, I'd probably concede Brady in contention for GoaT, but I also believe Belichick could win another title (with NE) without Brady, whereas I don't think Brady would win another (in NE) without Belichick ... (I know I'm going to get some serious flak because of my last sentence heh) :bricks:

Why does Brady have to win a fourth title and Manning can sit where he is with his crappy playoff record? (Nvm his quite crappy 06 run)

Why is the relationship between Walsh and Montana not a point of criticism? Or the talent and top ranked defenses that he had?

By the time Brady is finished he could be pushing upwards of 25+ post season wins.

Just stop.

Any Tebowite who comes here claiming absurdities like Manning > Brady should just be banned immediately.

Manning played in a division with expansion teams (all of them), and each of them were awful (Titans, Jags, Texans). He could rack up good stats against them all regular season and then, when REAL FOOTBALL started, he was IMMEDIATELY EXPOSED, ONE AND DONE.

Even his one Superbowl win, which was the result of the Patriots dismantling their team, he threw only 3 touchdowns and 7 interceptions in that post season.

Just stop.

The only people who think Manning is the best of all time, or better than Brady, just have ZERO credibility.

Whats the constant in all these "who is better than so and so.." topics?
Its Brady. That should tell you who's better.

OMG that Jets insider signature quote is better than my Ganggreen signature quote!

By the time Brady is finished he could be pushing upwards of 25+ post season wins.

Just stop.

Any Tebowite who comes here claiming absurdities like Manning > Brady should just be banned immediately.

Manning played in a division with expansion teams (all of them), and each of them were awful (Titans, Jags, Texans). He could rack up good stats against them all regular season and then, when REAL FOOTBALL started, he was IMMEDIATELY EXPOSED, ONE AND DONE.

Even his one Superbowl win, which was the result of the Patriots dismantling their team, he threw only 3 touchdowns and 7 interceptions in that post season.

Just stop.

The only people who think Manning is the best of all time, or better than Brady, just have ZERO credibility.

First; I'm not a "Tebowite", I'm a Packer fan

Second; My contention (and reason why I'm giving Manning the edge over Brady) is that I believe without Brady, NE most likely would - in *My* opinion - have won a couple of titles anyway, whereas I don't think it would hold true, had NE not had Belichick ...

Third; We both know stats don't tell everything, because if you really believed that, - well ... Let's just agree to disagree ;-)

Fourth; I've never said Manning was the "Best of all time", because that title is another discussion for another thread, but of the 3 QBs in discussion I'd rate Manning higher currently ;-)

Last edited:

Second; My contention (and reason why I'm giving Manning the edge over Brady) is that I believe without Belichick NE most likely would - in *My* opinion - have won a couple of titles anyway, whereas I don't think it would hold true, had NE not had Belichick ...

Third; We both know stats don't tell everything, because if you really believed that, - well ... Let's just agree to disagree ;-)

Great.
So by your own admission you don't base it on facts and instead base your "opinion" on what your opinion MIGHT be if Tom Brady played in an alternate universe without Belichick.

Hey, that's really useful. Thanks for your insight.
How does Joe Montana fair in Bizzaro land where he plays short-stop for the Dodgers?

That about sums up the thought process of all Brady haters.

Also, Brady was winning big games before he met Belichick.
Peyton was choking in them long before he met the Colts.

lol @ "your opinion."

Second; My contention (and reason why I'm giving Manning the edge over Brady) is that I believe without Belichick NE most likely would - in *My* opinion - have won a couple of titles anyway, whereas I don't think it would hold true, had NE not had Belichick ...

Ok, now I'm really confused. If you believe that NE would have won a couple of titles without Belichick, then wouldn't that be because of Brady's greatness? :confused::confused:

Ok, now I'm really confused. If you believe that NE would have won a couple of titles without Belichick, then wouldn't that be because of Brady's greatness? :confused::confused:

Haha, you are Right, my phone is messing up ... I mean without Brady ofcourse ;-)

And I'm not a "Brady-hater", I just don't think he is better than Manning, that's all :)

Fourth; I've never said Manning was the "Best of all time", because that title is another discussion for another thread, but of the 3 QBs in discussion I'd rate Manning higher currently ;-)

This is all well and good, but your arguments on the topic suck. They basically are trolling arguments, relying on nothing but "He made the playoffs in Denver, too!".

Great.... Tebow made the playoffs in Denver and, unlike Peyton Mighty Peyton, he actually won a game once he got there.

To rehash some data:

Brady's been to 5 Super Bowls
Brady's been to 7 AFCCGs

Manning's won a game in the playoffs in 4 of 12 seasons, and gone "one and done" 8 times.

To put another way, Brady's been to the SB in more years than Manning's won a playoff game.

Brady's total of 7 AFCCG appearances is just 2 less than Manning's entire career postseason win total.

Brady's 7 total career postseason losses is 1 less than the number of times Manning's gone "one and done".

Manning doesn't even belong in the same conversation with Brady, unless the conversation is "Well, Peyton's not a top 5 QB the way Brady is, but ...."

How in the hell could Peyton NOT make the play offs in the AFC West? Was by far the worst division in football last season, and every play off team Denver played defeated them.

Yeah the 2-14 Chiefs were a real road block.

Manning trolls go away.
We don't accept Marvel "What If" comic scenarios here as a basis for an argument.

Great.
So by your own admission you don't base it on facts and instead base your "opinion" on what your opinion MIGHT be if Tom Brady played in an alternate universe without Belichick.

Hey, that's really useful. Thanks for your insight.
How does Joe Montana fair in Bizzaro land where he plays short-stop for the Dodgers?

That about sums up the thought process of all Brady haters.

Also, Brady was winning big games before he met Belichick.
Peyton was choking in them long before he met the Colts.

lol @ "your opinion."

LOL, you very well know that the Looking at the teams, NE has almost always fielded an overall stronger and more talented team than the Colts, ADD (probably the GoaT coach to that) to that mix, which is why I believe such as I do ;-) Hell, even Cassel was made to look good ;-)

LOL, you very well know that the Looking at the teams, NE has almost always fielded an overall stronger and more talented team than the Colts, ADD (probably the GoaT coach to that) to that mix, which is why I believe such as I do ;-) Hell, even Cassel was made to look good ;-)

Seriously, how in the hell was Cassel made to look good? That season was awful, despite him having a team around him that the previous year came a helmet catch away from 19-0, bursting nearly every offensive record in the books.

All your arguments are based on the bizzaro world.

You should feel bad.

Ok, see, now we know you're a troll. Matt Cassel's one Pro Bowl season was with Kansas City, not with Belichick and the Patriots.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back