PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady vs Rodgers vs Manning

Peyton Manning is 9-11 in the playoffs with 5 home losses as the #1 seed twice, #2 seed twice and #3 seed once.

Those just are not GOAT numbers not even remotely close. Yes he is a great regular season QB but he chokes in post season .

Also his 1 SB victory came against a Rex Grossman led bears , one of the worst teams to ever make it that far.

I'm probably going to get "smacked" now ... :rocker: lol, but here goes ...

I'm not a Manning fan, however, in the comparison of the above mentioned, I would say Manning above Brady above Rodgers ...;

I've always thought Brady "owes" alot of his succes to Belichick, mostly evident by the season Brady got injured, Cassel was still able to lead the Patriots to an 11-5 record (but look at Cassel now ... ) I'm not saying Brady isn't a great QB, because he is, just that without Belichick, he probably wouldn't be in consideration for GoaT ...

Rodgers; (being a Packer fan I may be considered biased ...) But Rodgers isn't anywhere near the level of Brady, let alone Manning (yet). IF Rodgers can continue his performance on a level ón paar with the 2011 season, for several more years, then he might be considered, but so far Rodgers has had the benefit of having (probably) the most talented and deepest (talentwise) receiver core, up till now in the NFL ... Even Flynn was able to break a single game record of 5-6 Tds in a game ...

Rodgers is an extremely gifted QB, and We have been very lucky, in having QBs in succession with such talents, but lets wait to compare Rodgers to Brady and Manning just yet, because I doubt Rodgers would have had the same success elsewhere, which I also believe about Brady ..., but unlike Brady, "Mc'Lardy" isn't ón BBs level, however, the Packers receivers and TEs make Rodgers look better than he is ...

Manning has been able to lead his teams in both Indy and now also in Denver, despite not having as much succes in the post season, I would still give Manning the edge above Brady, mostly because Manning in spite of having different coaches, was still able to lead his teams ...

Just a few thoughts from Denmark ... ;-)

Last edited:

I'm not a Manning fan, however, in the comparison of the above mentioned, I would say Manning above Brady above Rodgers ...;

I've always thought Brady "owes" alot of his succes to Belichick, mostly evident by the season Brady got injured, Cassel was still able to lead the Patriots to an 11-5 record (but look at Cassel now ... ) I'm not saying Brady isn't a great QB, because he is, just that without Belichick, he probably wouldn't be in consideration for GoaT ...

Rodgers; (being a Packer fan I may be considered biased ...) But Rodgers isn't anywhere near the level of Brady, let alone Manning (yet). IF Rodgers can continue his performance on a level ón paar with the 2011 season, for several more years, then he might be considered, but so far Rodgers has had the benefit of having (probably) the most talented and deepest (talentwise) receiver core, up till now in the NFL ... Even Flynn was able to break a single game record of 5-6 Tds in a game ...

Rodgers is an extremely gifted QB, and We have been very lucky, in having QBs in succession with such talents, but lets wait to compare Rodgers to Brady and Manning just yet, because I doubt Rodgers would have had the same success elsewhere, which I also believe about Brady ..., but unlike Brady, "Mc'Lardy" isn't ón BBs level, however, the Packers receivers and TEs make Rodgers look better than he is ...

Manning has been able to lead his teams in both Indy and now also in Denver, despite not having as much succes in the post season, I would still give Manning the edge above Brady, mostly because Manning in spite of having different coaches, was still able to lead his teams ...

I'd definitely have to disagree with you. Manning is a great QB, but a lot of that also has to do with the "system" that he runs. Funny thing, for all Manning's "brilliance", the offense Tom Moore put in, and that Manning has been successful with, was ridiculously simple. They basically ran about 15 plays, they just executed them very well and teams had trouble stopping them. Here's a good write up about it at Smartfootball.

Peyton Manning (and Tom Moore)’s Indianapolis Colts Offense: How a Handful of Plays Led to a Decade of Success | Smart Football

And here's an article at Grantland talking about how Denver basically switched over to the offense Manning ran with the Colts.

How a return to the simplicity of Peyton Manning's Indy offense has ignited the Denver Broncos - Grantland

Doesn't mean that Peyton isn't great, but puts things in a slightly different context.

I'd definitely have to disagree with you. Manning is a great QB, but a lot of that also has to do with the "system" that he runs. Funny thing, for all Manning's "brilliance", the offense Tom Moore put in, and that Manning has been successful with, was ridiculously simple. They basically ran about 15 plays, they just executed them very well and teams had trouble stopping them. Here's a good write up about it at Smartfootball.

Peyton Manning (and Tom Moore)’s Indianapolis Colts Offense: How a Handful of Plays Led to a Decade of Success | Smart Football

And here's an article at Grantland talking about how Denver basically switched over to the offense Manning ran with the Colts.

How a return to the simplicity of Peyton Manning's Indy offense has ignited the Denver Broncos - Grantland

Doesn't mean that Peyton isn't great, but puts things in a slightly different context.

I'm not disputing the simplicity of the offenses Manning has been running both in Indy and now in Denver, however, I'm just saying in my opinion, between the above mentioned QBs, I'd give Manning the "edge" ... When (if?) Belichick and Brady is able to win a fourth title, I'd probably concede Brady in contention for GoaT, but I also believe Belichick could win another title (with NE) without Brady, whereas I don't think Brady would win another (in NE) without Belichick ... (I know I'm going to get some serious flak because of my last sentence heh) :bricks:

I do also think Rodgers is the best right now, but only because he's in his prime and Brady is 36! Brady's 2007 & 2010 seasons where his best, and some of the best qb play I ever seen.

On the face of it the argument about playing great under different head coaches gives Manning an advantage but when you scratch beneath the surface you'll find that it actually is an advantage that should be given to Brady when considering continuity!

The reason I say that is because despite having different head coaches manning is the Defacto offensive coordinator! He has ran the same offense his whole career and largely with the same all star cast!

Brady despite having the one head coach has had several offensive coordinators who all implemented completely different offensive schemes! Brady has adapted to a different cast of receivers at least every second year and has had his favourite targets leave time and again unlike Manning!

If you're are putting Manning on the podium as number one because he has had no continuity then you should maybe move him down a number of spots, it really is Brady that has had no continuity and has done remarkable things with an ever evolving offensive cast and strategy!

Re: Re: Brady vs Rodgers vs Manning

Yep, when Tom gets at least his 4th ring it will be undeniable that he is the goat.

As good as I feel when I read posts like this, I can't help but think how the discussion would have already been over if not for 2006, 2007, and 2012.

People have got to stop this brady is the greatest nonsense. who cares? it's a TEAM game. honestly there are more brady fans on this board than there are patriots fans. i much rather have a discussion about the patriots vs. packers vs. broncos and who is the best TEAM heading into next season.

Re: Re: Brady vs Rodgers vs Manning

People have got to stop this brady is the greatest nonsense. who cares? it's a TEAM game. honestly there are more brady fans on this board than there are patriots fans. i much rather have a discussion about the patriots vs. packers vs. broncos and who is the best TEAM heading into next season.

I hear you, but these discussions have been taking place for as long as sports has been played. And I want my QB to be part of those discussions.

There is no supportable argument for the position that Peyton Manning is better than Tom Brady at playing the Quarterback position.

Brady is awesome. Peyton is awesome. Rodgers is awesome. And yes, Pherein, Brees is awesome too.

See here is the issue, we can go back and forth counter arguing each other. But one counter argument is that team lost 7 more games than when Tom led (including playoffs). Cassel didn't beat the good teams and didn't make it to the playoffs. Regular season Tom won 5 more games with basically the same team minus him.

Brady has gotten this team to the Super Bowl in 2011 and had to make do in 2006. Just think of this fellas, Brady is one catch (sack whatever (07)) and one dropped pass (can argue welker had the pass that could have let us run clock/ score) from 5 rings. And 5-0 in the Super Bowl and 19 playoff victories. 5 playoff losses I think.

Look at Peyton and Rodgers. None even have the playoff record Tom had at his start of his career.

I'm trying to reconcile the comments in your post with your signature :)

Brady is awesome. Peyton is awesome. Rodgers is awesome. And yes, Pherein, Brees is awesome too.

Simple thing to look at is that if you were any of the other 28 teams in the league, you'd jump at the chance to have any of these 4 in their prime (stated that way to include a healthier, younger Manning).

Simple thing to look at is that if you were any of the other 28 teams in the league, you'd jump at the chance to have any of these 4 in their prime (stated that way to include a healthier, younger Manning).
\

There's a reason why these guys are getting ridiculous contracts. Brady sits on an inner tube on his personal moat and responds, "you want to reduce my salary? I'm in a place only rich people can find,

\

There's a reason why these guys are getting ridiculous contracts. Brady sits on an inner tube on his personal moat and responds, "you want to reduce my salary? I'm in a place only (mega silly) rich people can find,

Slight edit, couldn't resist. Certainly doesn't hurt Brady that his wife is worth a hell of a lot more than he is :)

Here in New England:

Brady is a God.

Tebow is a prospect.

Adjust your expectations accordingly.

Slight edit, couldn't resist. Certainly doesn't hurt Brady that his wife is worth a hell of a lot more than he is :)

I know, right?

I like you Demo, you're a very good football poster and never claim ridiculous assertions like the rest of them.
The bottom line is that Tebow is just another guy in Pats training camp.

Don't flip out if they cut him, keep him, or use him.

Here in New England:

Brady is a God.

Tebow is a prospect.

Adjust your expectations accordingly.

I know, right?

I like you Demo, you're a very good football poster and never claim ridiculous assertions like the rest of them.
The bottom line is that Tebow is just another guy in Pats training camp.

Don't flip out if they cut him, keep him, or use him.

Kind of confused as to why you interjected Tebow into the discussion :confused::confused:

Kind of confused as to why you interjected Tebow into the discussion :confused::confused:

Because you are here for a simple purpose. Timothy Tebow. We know who you are and what you stand for relative to this forum. Just play nice and no one will come after you.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back