PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady vs Manning Post Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or it'll be that Tom Brady is the greatest quarterback of all time, but Aaron Rodgers is the best quarterback in the NFL, and Peyton Manning is the greatest regular season in history. Wilson will be the "greatest young quarterback" and Andrew Luck will be "the future best in the league."

Apparently if you're not Tom Brady the GOAT, you still need a title, unless you're Tom Brady before ring #4, in which case you're just plain old Tom Brady, man in decline.

Too much freaking marketing and promotion in the NFL to the point that most of it is annoying.

I'm just looking forward to not having to listen to Phil Simms announce pouty-face as "arguably the greatest quarterback to ever play the game" 20 times a game, since he finally admitted Brady is GOAT.

It is like the WWF back when we were foolish children who thought it was real. It is the Inter Continental Champion vs. the Strongest Man In Canada.

Peyton Manning is Kamala the Ugandan giant; Not a real giant, a Ugandan giant.

The one and done is more poetic. Here's Peyton, post Rex Grossman (2006):

One and done
One and done
Pick 6 SB choke
One and done
One and done
Missed 1st snap SB choke
One and done

It just needs that last one and done to get him his tenth, and to make those last 8 years a beautifully rhythmic ending.

Dan Marino's Final Game: Jaguars, 62-7!!!

1999-playoffs.jpg

"IT...is your DESTINY."

tumblr_ngqqqsfOPf1qm9rypo1_1280.jpg

I've been saying for 12 Years, now, that the so-called "debate" was a sham.

01 ~ Processing Speed, Ladies & Laddies. Processing Speed.
02 ~ The Capacity to Rapidly Read & React Effectively to the Rapidly Roiling & Boiling Tactical LandScape.
03 ~ That, and that alone, is what has always separated Brady from Manning.
04 ~ And I'm sorry: It was never even close.
05 ~ This is most evident after New Year's Day, when The Only Games That Really Matter are played.
06 ~ That of course is when we play the Best of the Best.
07 ~ Brady isn't the best because he won 4 Championships ~ 5 if the Refs hadn't given Manning one in 2006.
08 ~ Brady wins Championships because he's the best.

Scott Van Pelt and some other guy were on the radio with Tim Hasselback after his comments about liking a Manning over Brady. So they asked him to explain himself, and after he was done one of them just says. "Geez, how long are we going to have to be on this". And the other guy says "We have him until ten minutes."

It was a pretty funny dis. Like it wasn't even worth responding to, and they were offended that the network was forcing them to be subjected to Hasslback's stupidity for 10 whole minutes.

Will be 39 years old
Welker gone
Julius likely gone

The 2015 Broncos offense should be a worse version of the 2009 Pats, a great WR duo and nothing else.

Manning may go 1 and done in the wildcard round next year :( :D
And this is one of the reasons that Peyton may surprise everyone and sail off into the sunset. The Manning myth is slowly being eroded. People are starting to see how so much of is stats were dome related, WR related, and weak-sister related. As his pitiful playoff stats become more widely known, only a superbowl win can take the stink that is starting to settle on his legacy.

Now faced with a new coaching staff an aging D Ware, and diminished offensive weapons, as well as a myriad of good teams to overcome in the AFC, I'm not sure Peyton sees that as real possibility. In my mind the only reason Peyton comes back for another season would be to pad his stats. Does he really see 2015 ending much differently than 2014. It couldn't have been lined up any better for him, and he was STILL one and done.

Those Manning lovers who want to dismiss Peyton's lack of superbowl wins by reminding us how team related those wins are......are actually right.....to a degree. Would Brady's 4th quarter run be any less great if Seattle had gained that last yard. Of course not.

For me the focus should not be so much on the superbowl, but on the PLAYOFFS, and there the disparity between the 2 players is even MORE apparent. While the superbowl is just one game, the Playoffs give us a much larger sampling of performance against the best competition and under the highest pressure. When you evaluate Manning under that bright light, he isn't in Joe Flacco's league, let alone Tom Brady's

It boggles the mind why this is still an issue, and it took another superbowl win to get some people to change their minds. This hasn't been an even competition for 10 years. Brady's been the better QB for so long now, its ridiculous

If Brady vs. Manning is to be relevant again, all Peyton has to do is win the superbowl in 2016, 2017 and 2019

Another incredible feat is how many different styles Brady has deployed over his career -- he has adapted to several different kinds of postseason game plans. When he had Randy Moss, that was a noticeable feature of the attack. Other times, it was the variety of routes and Welker. Other times, the innovative use of tight ends (including 2). Early in his career, seems like it was more ball control. And this latest Super Bowl was noticeably tailored to the overcome the Seahawks defense ( quick short passes, left and right). Also things like using the strength of his receivers (Edelmen's elusiveness this year).

Meanwhile, Peyton is a one trick pony by comparison. Sure, it's a decent attack, but he does not deploy a bunch of different styles. And that's why he can be shut down in the postseason when a good team goes all out in a do-or-die gameplan. That's why he's Mr. One-and-done.

Next time someone tries to compare the two..i am just holding up 4 fingers not saying anything

Next time someone tries to compare the two..i am just holding up 4 fingers not saying anything

Easy stuff:

Peyton Manning has as many "1 and done" seasons as Brady has AFCCGs, at 9 each

Tom Brady has won 4 Super Bowls
Peyton Manning has been to 4 AFCCGs

Tom Brady has been in 6 Super Bowls
Peyton Manning has won at least one playoff game in 5 seasons

That's right.... Tom Brady has been to the Super Bowl more often than Peyton Manning has advanced past his first playoff game

Last edited:
It's an insult to Brady's legacy to even have Manning compared to him. There's no comparison before the 4th ring and definitely not now

It's an insult to Brady's legacy to even have Manning compared to him. There's no comparison before the 4th ring and definitely not now
I agree. I am tired of hearing about it. Sure Montana but Manning is in the rear view mirror. Stop talking about Manning everyone. Its over. Even Indiana thinks so.

Here's a thought that must keep Peyton up at night:

Imagine if Brady really does play until he's 45.

Not only would Brady own pretty much all the postseason records, he'd own most of Manning's regular-season records, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back