PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady vs Ben?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's half of the mobilty deal... he may move better inside the pocket, but not much better than Ben. Where Ben is top notch inside and outside the pocket. No comparison on this issue.

You're a fool then. Brady is the best at it, Ben isn't the best at either one of the points that you are bringing up. Ben runs outside of the pocket because he can't maneuver inside of it as well.

Last edited:
Just stop you shameless hack...Ben Rothlisberger can't carry Brady's jock.

Nitwit

It's easy to see why even your Pats buddies ignore your posts. Do you plan on contributing to any of these conversations? Are you capable of talking football? We're having a civilized discussion here and you want to sh_t on it... why?

You're a fool then. Brady is the best at it, Ben isn't the best at either one of the points that you are bringing up. Ben runs outside of the pocket because he can't maneuver inside of it as well.

Lets rate the abilities on a one to ten and see if we can agree on anything here.

Inside the pocket

Ben - 7
Brady - 10

Outside the pocket

Ben - 10
Brady - 4

My Totals for Each

Ben - 17
Brady - 14

Ben is much, much better outside, where Brady is a little better inside. That's how I see it. How would you rank them? And who is better than Ben outside the pocket?

Last edited:
Lets rate the abilities on a one to ten and see if we can agree on anything here.

Inside the pocket

Ben - 7
Brady - 10

Outside the pocket

Ben - 10
Brady - 4

My Totals for Each

Ben - 17
Brady - 14

Ben is much, much better outside, where Brady is a little better inside. That's how I see it. How would you rank them? And who is better than Ben outside the pocket?

I don't know if you can quantify it like that. Seeing as though most QB play takes place in the pocket, having a slight edge (as you describe it) in that category might be more important than having a larger edge running outside. Plus those numbers are totally arbitrary, no?

It's easy to see why even your Pats buddies ignore your posts. Do you plan on contributing to any of these conversations? Are you capable of talking football? We're having a civilized discussion here and you want to sh_t on it... why?

this discussion isn't "civilized"...it's lopsidedly ignorant.Especially those specious number ratings you pull out of thin air.You're a transparent troll.

I don't know if you can quantify it like that. Seeing as though most QB play takes place in the pocket, having a slight edge (as you describe it) in that category might be more important than having a larger edge running outside. Plus those numbers are totally arbitrary, no?

Fair enough, to some degree. Brady is a top Three inside the pocket and so is Ben. Ben is a top three outside the pocket and I don't think Brady is a top ten in that category. Teams focus on containing Ben and not letting him outside... they know what happens when he gets out there... so I would say it's very important.

Inside the pocket

Ben - 7
Brady - 10

Outside the pocket

Ben - 10
Brady - 4

My Totals for Each

Ben - 17
Brady - 14

Young, Vick, Romo, there are plenty of QBs better than Berger on the run. There are none better than Brady in the pocket. Ben chooses to run instead of sticking it out in the pocket, which is a huge factor in this discussion. And when Brady runs, he's almost always successful at it. That's just as much a factor in this debate as well.

Ben is not a ten outside the pocket. Ten is the greatest, he is not the greatest.

Fair enough, to some degree. Brady is a top Three inside the pocket and so is Ben. Ben is a top three outside the pocket and I don't think Brady is a top ten in that category. Teams focus on containing Ben and not letting him outside... they know what happens when he gets out there... so I would say it's very important.

Well, while not graceful, the 12 yard 4th and 6 run by Brady Monday night was key to the win (to say the least). I've also seen Brady scramble a bit more this year than normal, usually to pick up a first down.

Technical Help Needed...

Can anybody tell me how to put someone(joker) on my ignore list?

Does that mean I won't be able to see his posts?

I'd appreciate any help you guys can give me. This Joker fellow is a douchbag.

Young, Vick, Romo, there are plenty of QBs better than Berger on the run. There are none better than Brady in the pocket. Ben chooses to run instead of sticking it out in the pocket, which is a huge factor in this discussion. And when Brady runs, he's almost always successful at it. That's just as much a factor in this debate as well.

Ben is not a ten outside the pocket. Ten is the greatest, he is not the greatest.

You don't need to validate this dimwits "ratings" he's trying to say is football discussion.

I'll agree with that, but it is possible for a QB to be good enough to not need to go outside the pocket nearly as much. I suppose it's apples and oranges in terms of a QB's style. When preparing for Ben, teams need to worry about containing him after a rush flushes him out of the pocket, with Brady though they need to worry about his still being able to find receivers all over the field even on a full on blitz.

Technical Help Needed...

Does that mean I won't be able to see his posts?

I'd appreciate any help you guys can give me. This Joker fellow is a douchbag.

Ben had the Bus in his Super Bowl win, name me the team in which Brady had one running back that was any where near as good as Bettis. Is Hines Ward better than Deion Branch?

Brady's won 3 with less talent on offense than Ben has had, and Ben hasn't carried his offense like Brady has carried his. This discussion is absurd, Ben isn't as good as Brady.

user CP ...first option in the maroon tab up top

I think you're way off base guy... Vick and Young are both scrambling QB's so they don't count for this discussion... mainly because neither of them are looking to throw, theyr'e looking to run... Ben's not. And Romo? C'mon. Ben is the most dangerous QB in the league outside of the pocket... that makes him the best.

Ben had the Bus in his Super Bowl win, name me the team in which Brady had one running back that was any where near as good as Bettis. Is Hines Ward better than Deion Branch?

Brady's won 3 with less talent on offense than Ben has had, and Ben hasn't carried his offense like Brady has carried his. This discussion is absurd, Ben isn't as good as Brady.[/QUOTE]

Never said he was. Just about nobody did... so what are you talking about?

I think you're way off base guy... Vick and Young are both scrambling QB's so they don't count for this discussion... mainly because neither of them are looking to throw, theyr'e looking to run... Ben's not. And Romo? C'mon. Ben is the most dangerous QB in the league outside of the pocket... that makes him the best.

I'm still not clear on the difference here. Are you saying that when Ben is flushed out of the pocket he is more successful at running and then throwing while these others are simply going to run? Romo and Young both seem to run to the outside and then pass just as frequently.

Brady's won 3 with less talent on offense than Ben has had, and Ben hasn't carried his offense like Brady has carried his. This discussion is absurd, Ben isn't as good as Brady.

'04 Dillon was better than '05 Bettis, without question. The '05 Steelers also had Willie Parker, who was and is a good back. The emphasis was different, but production wise Bettis and Parker are better than Dillon in '04 (although I'd say Dillon was damn near the best back in '04).

But, yeah, this doesn't pertain to the discussion of who's better right now.

Last edited:

Inside the pocket

Ben - 7
Brady - 10

Outside the pocket

Ben - 10
Brady - 4

My Totals for Each

Ben - 17
Brady - 14

I'm sorry, I thought that 17 was higher than 14 and therefore you were saying Ben is better, if you're not, what's the point of this post?

This also sounds suspiciously like someone that is saying Ben is better than Brady, but if not, then I think you need to be clearer with your posts.

Motorcycle driving ability: Brady>Roethlisberger
Number of appendix's: Brady>Roethlisberger

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case