PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady texted support to Stallworth after accident; more details from MMQB

Status
Not open for further replies.
...... which would make Brady the ultimate hypocrite.

Brady shouldd have kept his mouth zipped on this one.

No, it makes Brady a human being.

No, it makes Brady a human being.
It does?

What of the others who don't share the same support for someone who killed a person? Are they not human?

Brady loves murderers. Trade him now. Jason Campbell is available. Sign the beast. :rolleyes:

Or maybe, Brady knows a mistake when he sees one and knows that one mistake, no matter how bad, doesn't a bad person make.

Stallworth, as much as you seem to hate him, is NOT a murderer...not according to the law. Of course, in Bob's Uncle World it seems to be.

...... which would make Brady the ultimate hypocrite.

Brady shouldd have kept his mouth zipped on this one.

No one ever talked about Peyton and whether he was supportive of Harrison and the legal problems he had.

Stallworth, as much as you seem to hate him, is NOT a murderer...not according to the law. Of course, in Bob's Uncle World it seems to be.
Not all laws are fair and just. Especially, in many cases, to the victims.

I happen to believe that anyone who takes to the wheel after drinking does so with malicious intent and therefore, should they kill someone while doing so, are no different than someone who goes out and shoots someone dead. The only difference is the weapon of choice.

murder is a premeditated act.

Maybe in Legal-ese it is. But that's just it. It's legal-ese. The reality is that Stallworth made the decision to drive home while drunk, showing a clear indifference to the populace at large. He ended up killing someone because of it. That's murder in my book.

When I was in high school, a friend of my sister was killed by a drunk driver who happened to be someone I knew, the mother of a good friend of mine.

From that I learned that things are often not as black/white as one would hope. There can be fault on both sides which combines to turn would might have been a close call into a tragedy.

Not all laws are fair and just. Especially, in many cases, to the victims.

I happen to believe that anyone who takes to the wheel after drinking does so with malicious intent and therefore, should they kill someone while doing so, are no different than someone who goes out and shoots someone dead. The only difference is the weapon of choice.

well you can believe what you want..it's a free country...but to think a drunk premeditatively and with intent gets behind a wheel bent on murder is such a ridiculous premise it begs the question, do you understand law and the criminal codes at all? There's a word that describes your mindset...totalitarian.

He went out and had a couple of drinks at dinner then drove after that. He wasn't tanked. What happened was a freak accident that was unfortunate for the guy he hit as well as Stallworth. So let me guess, you've never had a couple of glasses of wine while at dinner with family or friends and then drove home?

Dude. No offense, but you are totally way off here. First of all, it was just after 7am when Stallworth hit the guy. Stallworth blew a .126 at the time. That's a bit more than "a couple of drinks at dinner".

Also, for me, 2 glasses of wine wouldn't put me anywhere near .08. And, even if I DID drink, I'd wait at least an hour and have 4 glasses of water besides before even thinking about getting in the car.

Stallworth was facing 15 years in jail. Instead he got 30 days, 2 years "house arrest", and 8 years probation. As I said, a slap on the wrist.

Unfortunately, a thread which should have been about Brady displaying concern for a former teammate has been hijacked.

It's time for this thread to head on over to the practice squad.

Brady didn't have to say anything specifically; his support of his murderous friend spoke the words for him.

I take it you've never had a friend make a mistake? You can support your friend without condoning what he did.

well you can believe what you want..it's a free country...but to think a drunk premeditatively and with intent gets behind a wheel bent on murder is such a ridiculous premise it begs the question, do you understand law and the criminal codes at all? There's a word that describes your mindset...totalitarian.

Put it this way. I view a vehicle, in the hands of a drunk, to be a very dangerous a potentially lethal weapon. If someone knowingly takes to the wheel of said vehicle while drunk then they do so with as much intent to injure as does someone who shoots off a gun in a mall full of innocent people.

Dude. No offense, but you are totally way off here. First of all, it was just after 7am when Stallworth hit the guy. Stallworth blew a .126 at the time. That's a bit more than "a couple of drinks at dinner".

Also, for me, 2 glasses of wine wouldn't put me anywhere near .08. And, even if I DID drink, I'd wait at least an hour and have 4 glasses of water besides before even thinking about getting in the car.

Stallworth was facing 15 years in jail. Instead he got 30 days, 2 years "house arrest", and 8 years probation. As I said, a slap on the wrist.

Not to mention paying the dead mans next of kin millions of dollars helped his case :rolleyes:

I take it you've never had a friend make a mistake? You can support your friend without condoning what he did.
I have never had a friend murder anyone, no. So, I can't relate on that level.

But I can relate entirely from the other perspective.

I have never had a friend murder anyone, no. So, I can't relate on that level.

But I can relate entirely from the other perspective.

.....Practice squad here we come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes