PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady texted support to Stallworth after accident; more details from MMQB

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is because he reported it immediately, cooperated fully with the authorities, and took care of the victim's family so that they have a great opportunity to live the rest of their lives in relative financial comfort. What he got was fine by me.

I also believe that there was some Florida Law that stated that a Pedestrian walking on a highway like that makes the pedestrian at fault. And I recall hearing that had he fought this fully he may have walked away with no punishment what so ever but that he felt he needed to do time for his crime.

That is why the DA gave him a small sentance in a deal becuase had they put to much time on it Stallworth may not have agreed and then they would have to go to court with a case they might lose. Instead they were lineant on someone who felt remorse and felt he deserved punishment and to not just get off scott free which he potentially could have.

Cmon, Jack. Plenty of people get away with murder ...............

You're the one calling him a murderer, so the burden is on you to show where either a.) his actions could ever conceivably be considered murder under Florida law, or b.) some evidence that the police department was considering said charges during their investigation.

Of course, you won't, since the relevant crime is vehicular manslaughter, not murder, and believe it or not there is a pretty significant difference between the two.

If you really think someone driving with a .12 BAC on the MacArthur Causeway tragically killing a pedestrian is dispositive of said person's character, then I don't think we'll ever see eye to eye on this. This was not Leonard Little. It was a tragic accident.

I suspect that if you perform due diligence on this matter you will find that I am correct and that you are wrong.

As such, I'm quite pleased that people of my mindset do set the laws that protect people from drunken murderers. I just wish it had been the case 17 years ago when someone I knew wasn't afforded such legal protection.

Actually, and we've gone over this on other threads, the problem is that you don't know what the hell you're talking about here. DUI laws vary from state to state and you clearly don't understand those of Florida.

You, along with others, also don't seem to understand what murder actually is. Perhaps you should spend less time spouting nonsense put out by the MADD-style propogandists, and more time learning the subject at hand. :confused2:

If you really think someone driving with a .12 BAC on the MacArthur Causeway tragically killing a pedestrian is dispositive of said person's character, then I don't think we'll ever see eye to eye on this. This was not Leonard Little. It was a tragic accident.
A tragic accident? Tell that to the families whose life Stallworth has ruined.

I suspect the only way we'd see eye to eye on this matter is if, god forbid, you shouild ever have someone you personally know suffer at the hands of a drunk driver. My hope is this never happens to you or anyone else who uses the law to exonerate such a murderer.

If you are such a person then I guess I commend you for being a better man than I am.

A tragic accident? Tell that to the families whose life Stallworth has ruined.

I suspect the only way we'd see eye to eye on this matter is if, god forbid, you shouild ever have someone you personally know suffer at the hands of a drunk driver. My hope is this never happens to you or anyone else who uses the law to exonerate such a murderer.

If you are such a person then I guess I commend you for being a better man than I am.

So basically your argument is just one big appeal to emotion. Good to know.

You're the one calling him a murderer, so the burden is on you to show where either a.) his actions could ever conceivably be considered murder under Florida law, or b.) some evidence that the police department was considering said charges during their investigation.

Of course, you won't, since the relevant crime is vehicular manslaughter, not murder, and believe it or not there is a pretty significant difference between the two.

Vehicular Manslaughter in Florida typically is either a $10,000 fine or 15-30 years in prison depending on the circumstances,Since Donte is pretty well off in the financial department, paying $10,000 for this crime is like us paying for a ticket for parking a car in a handicapped zone.....

Last edited:
Actually, and we've gone over this on other threads, the problem is that you don't know what the hell you're talking about here. DUI laws vary from state to state and you clearly don't understand those of Florida.

You, along with others, also don't seem to understand what murder actually is. Perhaps you should spend less time spouting nonsense put out by the MADD-style propogandists, and more time learning the subject at hand. :confused2:

Are you saying you can't be charged with Murder by Vehicle under certain criteria?...wrong

Vehicular Manslaughter in Florida typically is either a $10,000 fine or 15-30 years in prison depending on the circumstances,Since Donte is pretty well off in the financial department paying $10,000 for this crime is like us paying for a ticket for parking a car in a handicapped zone....a pretty easy decision I would say.

Actually, he was charged with second-degree manslaughter.

Considering the specifics of his case, it's not surprising he was only given a relatively light sentence. Also consider the fact that he plead out.

Last edited:
So basically your argument is just one big appeal to emotion. Good to know.
Yeah, it is.

Someday soon, drunken killers like Stallworth will get their arses sent to jail for a good, long time like the other murderers. That day will soon come. Hopefully, it'll come soon enough that I will see it happen.

Until that time, my hope is that no one should suffer due to the mudererous action of a drunk who shows no respect for his fellow man by getting behind the wheel of his vehicle.

Yeah, it is.

Someday soon, drunken killers like Stallworth will get their arses sent to jail for a good, long time like the other murderers. That day will soon come. Hopefully, it'll come soon enough that I will see it happen.

Until that time, my hope is that no one should suffer due to the mudererous action of a drunk who shows no respect for his fellow man by getting behind the wheel of his vehicle.

There will NEVER be 1 law like this universal or across the country in terms of punishment,It will come from within the state that the crime was committed,you must understand laws in different states can be light to very harsh.

New York State,Georgia,Virginia and Arizona are 4 states you don't want to
fu(k with if you like to DUI - they will put you away for awhile,even first timers.

Look at Plaxico Burress for example,He was in the wrong state when he held that loaded weapon,NY happened to be the WORST state he could have done that crime in...had it been a state like Montana he would still be on a roster right now and free.

Last edited:
You completely missed the point here. The point was that, alcohol or not, that accident was still going to happen. Only, without alcohol involved, it was just an unfortunate circumstance where a little girl's father was a deadbeat scumbag with zero supervision skills and the little girl got to go to the hospital. With alcohol, I'm suddenly the scumbag who made a terrible decision and should be made to pay dearly for it by serving some longterm jailtime, no matter how coherent I am, how many millions I give to the family of the person that shouldn't have been running on the highway in the first place, how much I cooperate with the authorities, and how much remorse I show.

I did not miss your point. Without alcohol you hit a jaywalker. Driving under the influence you were a criminal who injured someone during the act of a crime.

I suggest you either elaborate on this or follow your own advice toward me earlier in the thread...

From Peter King's article:

But he did get up, and he drove from Miami into Miami Beach to attend a friend's birthday gathering at a nightclub, LIV, at the swank Fontainebleau Hotel. He arrived about 3. He bought a bottle of liquor for his friend's table, and had a couple of shots out of the bottle. Then, Stallworth said, he went to the bar, met some women and did a couple of shots with them. "Four shots total,'' he told me. After that, the party adjourned to his friend's hotel room upstairs.

I asked Stallworth about smoking marijuana that night, and he said he didn't. But he said he had smoked pot on a short vacation trip the previous weekend.

Some time after 5, Stallworth left the Fontainebleau and drove home. "There have been times if I felt I was incapable of driving I'd call a friend of mine, even at 2, 3, 4 in the morning, and I'd leave my car wherever I was,'' Stallworth said. "But on this night, I felt fine, so I drove home.''

He was back in bed about 5:45, but he slept only a short time. About 6:45, he woke up hungry. Because he was leaving for Cleveland that day, he said he'd cleaned out his refrigerator and had nothing to eat in the house. So he got back in his car, a Bentley, and drove toward the MacArthur Causeway, a six-lane, half-mile-long highway from downtown Miami to Miami Beach with several 24-hour restaurants.

Bolded my emphasis. There is no way he blows .126 three hours after only having four shots.

...and don't continue to speculate upon things that "nobody can know". By the way, read letekro's post. I too have driven through that highway, and running across it at night is a good way to get yourself killed.

That was my point though, speculation means nothing because know one knows "what could have been". You can't say: The accident would have happened no matter what because there is no way to know that.

Last edited:
This thread is a great example of how far some of your HOMERS will go to defend any and all things Patriots. Had this been a Jet player, the tone of this thread would be much different.

Guess what homers, Stallworth was DRUNK when he HIT and KILLED a man. Stop making excuses for the drunk driver. He was DRUNK - end of story.

DISGUSTING.

Last edited:
Yeah, it is.

BMU,

The penalty for DUI manslaughter is something like 15 years in Fla. If that's not "a good long time", then I'm not sure what you're looking for - life?

If it's the terms of the plea bargain that bother you, understand that the state cut a deal because they would've had trouble proving the case. I know this may be troubling to you, but the government has to "prove" a case against a defendant before the defendant can be put away. Here there were obviously significant questions as to culpability given the circumstances surrounding the accident, and the state chose to get what they could get instead of facing a difficult trial that would've had a high risk of a not guilty verdict. So, basically, you're upset because the government thought that they didn't have a very good case. I prefer to look at it the other way: I'm glad Stallworth didn't do a lot of time, because the state clearly thought there were significant problems with their case.

This thread is a great example of how far some of your HOMERS will go to defend any and all things Patriots. Had this been a Jet player, the tone of this thread would be much different.

Guess what homers, Stallworth was DRUNK when he HIT and KILLED a man. Stop making excuses for the drunk driver. He was DRUNK - end of story.

DISGUSTING.

What's really disgusting is you using this thread as a forum to rehash the homer vs hater debate.

What's really disgusting is you using this thread as a forum to rehash the homer vs hater debate.

Nice try. Only a homer of the highest delusion would try and justify what Stallworth did.

The guy was DRUNK and he KILLED someone. He's a criminal and it's DIGUSTING that all you fanboys are trying to makes excuses for him because Brady decided to send him a text.

Stallworth decided to get behind the wheel, while drunk, according to the law. It ain't that complicated.

Not surprised at all. Imagine if this was a Jet or a Dolphin player?

Last edited:
Nice try. Only a homer of the highest delusion would try and justify what Stallworth did.

The guy was DRUNK and he KILLED someone. He's a criminal and it's DIGUSTING that all you fanboys are trying to makes excuses for him because Brady decided to send him a text.

Stallworth decided to get behind the wheel, while drunk, according to the law. It ain't that complicated.

Not surprised at all. Imagine if this was a Jet or a Dolphin player?

LOL @ you. I fail to remember Donte Stallworth killing anyone while he was a member of the New England Patriots.

And, anyone whom calls most of the people in this thread a homer is either trolling for attention or is dumber than rocks. Nice try, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back