PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady not sticking around...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike the Brit said:
This is big time professional athletics. These guys have maybe 15 years of their career at most (and I don't need to rehearse how much Brady is being paid). Need a break? Please spare me. That's for part-timers. A top professional athlete should never let a day go by without working on something any more than a top violinist would let a day go by without hours of practice or a ballerina with hours on the barre.

My model is the great decathlete, Daley Thompson. He trained on Christmas Day. Then he figured that other athletes might be working out on Christmas Day too. So he trained twice just to keep his edge.
come on Mike, are you serious? :eek:

he's taking TWO practice days off. It's the bye week. Nobody is losing ground relative to anyone else in the league. Yeah, I can see if he's training for a marathon, but let's not pretend sitting on a couch with a beer on Sunday is going to affect his ability to throw a football in the slightest.

They'll be worse off if they don't use the break to recharge. A lot of these guys are beat up...Tom among them...it's a brutally violent sport...let's not forget that.

I mean I agree with your premise...nobody outworked Thompson (great example!) and nobody is going to outwork our QB either -- that's the LAST thing we need to worry about. It's damn near unprecedented how driven he continues to be given all of the success he's had...even Thompsonesque.

I have to admit that every year I half expect him to start fading away with the insane trappings of modern NFL success, but every year he roars back stronger. A guy like Tiger is still chasing Jack (18 majors), but at a certain level, Thompson and Brady sprinted way out ahead of the history of their sports and yet continue(d) to push themselves.

:mad::mad::mad: Angry aside (not to Mike): It's sure easy to get spoiled around here. I can't think of another QB in this league who is booed at every home game (Brooks? Bledsoe?)...it's the story of his career...he's not going to go off on the fans like most would...it motivates him...so go ahead, continue to boo (even as they lead a game against a division rival) and call for his benching...he hears you loud and clear and he wouldn't have it any other way...but it's just too pathetic to adequately put into words. It's almost to a point where they'd rather play road games (ala the Saints in years past).

Vanessa is last year's news. What can you expect from Cleveland.

NEM said:
Maybe it's my neice, Mandy Bruno.

mandybruno.jpg
MandyBrunoP2005.jpg

Are you sure she is still available? :)

_MBB4668_lr.jpg

All kidding aside, I wish he did have a nice homemaker wifey here in the Boston area, like many -- perhaps most -- of the Pats do.

the taildragger said:
come on Mike, are you serious? :eek:

he's taking TWO practice days off. It's the bye week. Nobody is losing ground relative to anyone else in the league. Yeah, I can see if he's training for a marathon, but let's not pretend sitting on a couch with a beer on Sunday is going to affect his ability to throw a football in the slightest.

They'll be worse off if they don't use the break to recharge. A lot of these guys are beat up...Tom among them...it's a brutally violent sport...let's not forget that.

I mean I agree with your premise...nobody outworked Thompson (great example!) and nobody is going to outwork our QB either -- that's the LAST thing we need to worry about. It's damn near unprecedented how driven he continues to be given all of the success he's had...even Thompsonesque.

I have to admit that every year I half expect him to start fading away with the insane trappings of modern NFL success, but every year he roars back stronger. A guy like Tiger is still chasing Jack (18 majors), but at a certain level, Thompson and Brady sprinted way out ahead of the history of their sports and yet continue(d) to push themselves.

:mad::mad::mad: Angry aside (not to Mike): It's sure easy to get spoiled around here. I can't think of another QB in this league who is booed at every home game (Brooks? Bledsoe?)...it's the story of his career...he's not going to go off on the fans like most would...it motivates him...so go ahead, continue to boo (even as they lead a game against a division rival) and call for his benching...he hears you loud and clear and he wouldn't have it any other way...but it's just too pathetic to adequately put into words. It's almost to a point where they'd rather play road games (ala the Saints in years past).

I guess the answer is "half-serious". Of course, Brady has established himself as a really hard worker. And, of course, athletes need to unwind the stress, take the tires off each others cars and chase women.

But, on the other hand, there's something amazing about the NFL which has to do (I suppose) with football's roots in college and as a game that didn't pay players well enough so that they could live on their football income alone. It's absolutely astonishing to me that a game could place an upper limit on the amount of practices that a team has in the off-season. Wasn't there some grievance against the Giants because they had hitting in an off-season practice when they weren't allowed to?

Unbelievable! Stopping people from working too hard. In America, already! OK, if that meant that guys couldn't put in the hours to leave college with a moderate education you have to restrict it. But these guys are paid millions!

And there is work to be done. There's always more film to watch and more rehearsals to have with your wide receivers.

(Oh, and you can be sure that I would never, never, never boo Tom!)

RayClay said:
I think NEM is too tense.

He should go get laid.
I corrected your misspelling :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call