PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady, not Rodgers is MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Welker has claims to being the best Wide Receiver in the NFL. He's a superstar.
2. Gronkowski IS the best Tight End in the NFL. He's a superstar.
3. Wilfork has claims to being the best Nose Tackle or one of the best defensive linemen in the NFL. He's a superstar. Ngata and Vince are stars. People recognize without them, the defenses they play in simply do not go.
4. Mayo has claims to being one of the best inside/middle linebackers in the NFL. Definite star.

It's a silly article and should be accepted as such.

I agree with most of your points, but i dont think gronkowski would have been THAT good with other QB's, he is a good TE, the best in the NFL right now and one of the reasons is that he have a QB in the class of tom brady, i dont see him getting those numbers in any other team. he is a very good TE, a beast, but brady makes him better.

About the article, i think its pure BS, there is no better candidate than AR for the MVP.

Last edited:
Not saying he is in the running for MVP,but where would the 49ers be without Frank Gore?

I agree with most of your points, but i dont think gronkowski would have been THAT good with other QB's, he is a good TE, the best in the NFL right now and one of the reasons is that he have a QB in the class of tom brady, i dont see him getting those numbers in any other team. he is a very good TE, a beast, but brady makes him better.

About the article, i think its pure BS, there is no better candidate than AR for the MVP.
From memory the Patriots got in just ahead of the Ravens for Gronkowski. It would have been interesting to see how he would perform elsewhere, however your opinion doesn't take into account what makes the Brady-Gronk connection go; rapport. They have it, in abundance.

For our sakes, I hope Gronk's ceiling continues to rise and he retires a storied Patriot.

Groknowski, Jimmy Graham, Jermichael Finnley....1 thing in common.

Groknowski, Jimmy Graham, Jermichael Finnley....1 thing in common.
Finley is a fine Tight End but he's nowhere near the level of Graham or Gronkowski. It's scary to think what the two G's are doing and may go on to do in the NFL.

Last edited:
Finley is a fine Tight End but he's nowhere near the level of Graham or Gronkowski. It's scary to think what the two G's are doing and may go on to do in the NFL.

Matchup wise he's just as dangerous, the problem is relative to his team he's the third best option most of the time. Graham and Gronkowski are the two best TE's in the game to me. Gronkowski is more complete but Graham is a receiving threat like no other.

Look, Rodgers is CLEARLY the MVP. It's not even a discussion.

The only reason why sports writers want to make it a discussion is because it makes their job boring when the MVP has a runaway winner. Just realize that's all this is, just to stir the pot a little bit. In two weeks someone else may try to make the case that Tim Tebow is the MVP.

Rodger is the MVP

Brady should get as many MVP votes as Michael Vick did last year, ZERO. I'm not saying he had a bad year, I'm just saying that there is a CLEAR #1, and nobody's vote should go to anyone other than Rodgers.

The most common MVP controversies come as a result of "Guy with Better Stats" vs. "Guy with More Wins".

Rodgers has better stats and more wins, case closed.

Also, if you're still not convinced, Brady threw four picks to almost single handedly lose the Buffalo game. The same can't be said of Rodgers (and not just b/c he didn't play Buffalo you wise guys).

Question, when was the last time league MVP won the superbowl?

Question, when was the last time league MVP won the superbowl?

I believe it's already been posted but here it is again

89 montana, 99 warner are the only 2 ever to win a season MVP and SB

I think Manning is the most valuable to his team, they have not even won 1 game? How else can you measure it?

or am i way out in left field?

Would GB have won 1 game without Rogers? Patriots without Brady?

...something to think about...

I think Manning is the most valuable to his team, they have not even won 1 game? Nope he clearly isn't: he hasn't played a snap, his team is winless. I've been almost as valuable as Manning this season.

How else can you measure it? By how valuable the player is to his team. This generally requires the team to be a PO team, the player to be the clear leader on that team, and the player to be amongst the top players at their position.

or am i way out in left field? Yep.

Would GB have won 1 game without Rogers? Yep.

Patriots without Brady? Yep.

Well that isn't inflammatory at all... nor is it something to think about.

The. Colts. Are. Not. A. Very. Good. Football. Team.

If Manning returns next season, their first overall pick doesn't come in and make an immediate impact, and the Colts make the POs, then Manning will clearly be the MVP.

I think Manning is the most valuable to his team, they have not even won 1 game? How else can you measure it?

No

The Colts haven't tried to win a game yet. They also would suck with Manning if they are trying.

Much as I love Brady, Rodgers is clearly MVP. He's carrying alot of weight on his shoulders with that leaky defense, maybe more than Brady had to carry in '07 during our undefeated campaign. 12-0 vs 9-3, really not that close right now. Hopefully the pressure eventually gets to him

speaking of the level of talent on the Packers, if you remember last year with all of those guys on IR, the packers nearly beat us in our house with a back-up QB . . . so there is an indication of how srong the talent is around Rogers . . . also for what it is worth, the Packer have played some of the worst defense in the leagues and ones that give up the highest QB rating to oppenent QBs . . .

so given the fact that the talent around Rogers is strong, have had a weaker schedule and one that will more easily give the QB stats, I do see the 3 losses difference as being as big as you think, and can see how some will give TB the nod on the MVP race . . .

Not saying it was all Brady,because it was far from it, but those 2 consecutive losses in mid season for the Pats drastically ended Brady's extremely slim chance to overtake Rodgers for MVP.

Our defense sucks. I don't care how many apology/rationalize why our defense suck thread people make on these boards. Eye test tell me they are terrible. That being said, Brady's got us in position to get the number 1 seed in the AFC. Rogers is great too though so if they give it to him it's also well deserved.

Last edited:
Matchup wise he's just as dangerous, the problem is relative to his team he's the third best option most of the time. Graham and Gronkowski are the two best TE's in the game to me. Gronkowski is more complete but Graham is a receiving threat like no other.

Their numbers aren't that far apart. And i'm pretty sure the Saints give Graham more snaps as a receiver.

Not even a comparison in blocking. Also Graham seems to go down rather easily after the catch.

The only edge i give Graham is speed.

Their numbers aren't that far apart. And i'm pretty sure the Saints give Graham more snaps as a receiver.

Not even a comparison in blocking. Also Graham seems to go down rather easily after the catch.

The only edge i give Graham is speed.

Speed is huge when were talking about a safety/linebacker/5th DB on a TE. Route running, agility/fluidity all go to Graham just watching him against Gronkowski as receivers I give Graham a slight edge. Gronkowski is better after the catch and blocking is a complete wash.

or am i way out in left field?

Would GB have won 1 game without Rogers? Patriots without Brady?

Without Brady directing the offense and with this bottom of the barrel defense the Patriots are a 1-15 or 2-14 team at best....yes,Brady means that much to this team,maybe not as bad as Peyton to the Colts but pretty darn close.

I don't believe Hoyer would be putting 30 on the board consistently and that's what you need with our defense,lots of points.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes