PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady, not Rodgers is MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the NFL's worst-rated defense and no true superstars on the roster minus Brady

Stopped reading there, ESPN really need to learn the difference between most yards given up and worst :rolleyes:

As for no true superstars...how about Welker, Gronkowski, Wilfork...some would include Mayo.

I also enjoyed the article. It does make some salient points that Patriot haters will ignore completely. Brady does have a lot less to work with then Rodgers has. But I can't deny the way the other number 12 has played all year. On the money on pretty much every throw.

Much as I love Brady, Rodgers is clearly MVP. He's carrying alot of weight on his shoulders with that leaky defense, maybe more than Brady had to carry in '07 during our undefeated campaign. 12-0 vs 9-3, really not that close right now. Hopefully the pressure eventually gets to him

Stopped reading there, ESPN really need to learn the difference between most yards given up and worst :rolleyes:

As for no true superstars...how about Welker, Gronkowski, Wilfork...some would include Mayo.

Difference between star and superstar, Welker is barely a superstar depending on criteria, everyone else isn't close.

it really is no question that the overall talent on each team slides heavily towards the packers if you exclude QB

i see some GB games were Rodgers throws some balls to those WR's of his, and they are caught a ridiculous high percentage of the time....if Brady threw those to our guys, they would be and are completed 10-20% of the time

what Rodgers is doing this season is quite impressive, but his margin of error so to speak, both b/c of his offensive weapons and his defense is SO much larger than Brady's, its not even funny

lmao that article is filling up with some pretty negative comments.

the brady is a system QB one and that brady has 20 minutes to throw just arrived.

Last edited:
Difference between star and superstar, Welker is barely a superstar depending on criteria, everyone else isn't close.

Gronkowski is a pro bowl starter lead-pipe lock at this point, maybe even moreso than Welker, though both should be there.

give the jinx award to Rodgers, lol

Last edited:
Brady is the only superstar on the team. Welker is great, but I'm of the opinion that the system, and one of the best QBs of all time help to boost his performances.

Wilfork is good, but superstar? I'm not sure

Gronk has the best chance outside of Brady.

Nice thought, and Brady's having a great year, just hard to see him overtaking Rodgers.

Also, I didn't realize Kareem Abdul Jabbar was covering the AFC East for ESPN.

walker_james_m.jpg

:)

Great article. Brady is MVP for the Pats, but I'll still pick Brees for this year's award.

GB's defense sucks, but they get turnovers and points. Rodgers is playing against awful teams and he's playing on a team, where likely, mostly, if not all of them will make the pro-bowl for the NFC. I know Flynn could drag the same team to 14-2 as well on that schedule with that team, just like all the Texans backups are doing now. The only thing that impresses me about Rodgers is the fact he can run, but even Mike Vick can run -- so what!

Brady must score 30+, he's had to face top ten defenses and he's had to do it behind, IMO, one of the worst O-lines in the league and an average RB. The Pats have only lost 3 games so far and one of those losses was caused by cheating calls by the refs. I think Brady deserves to be in the discussion, I think he's more MVP at this point than Rodgers and though I would love for Brady to win it, I would be fine if Brees won it instead.

if the Denver Broncos win the AFC West, I say Tim Tebow should be MVP

A league MVP has never won a superbowl. Give it to rodgers please

Brady has the best slot receiver and best TE to throw to in the NFL. Green Bay may be deeper in pass catching talent, but comparing the teams' first two weapons of choice, Brady has two "best in category" options.
Back during the SuperBowl runs, Brady would complete passes to 6-10 players each game and Brady would receive accolades for this accomplishment alone....finding the open receiver. Rodgers deserves equal praise for "making everyone better".......isn't that what was said about Brady. Factor in Green Bay's dreadful running game, a worry Brady didn't have, and Rodgers is hands down the MVP....and this season may be considered the greatest ever by a QB.......wins, yds, TDs, %, QBR. Factor in his athleticism and rushing ability.....one for the ages.....potentially

Hope Brady averages 6 TDs/game the rest of the way....come on Bill......we know you care...despite what you say.

Brady, Brees & Rodgers should all be about on the same level this year, IMO.

I've documented in several threads what a joke schedule Rodgers has faced in terms of pass defenses, but apparently no one in the media has taken notice yet. They've faced the absolute worst of the worst that the league has to offer, especially if you look at opposing QB rating.

Add to that the sheer amount of weapons he has, and I think it detracts from his case.

I've watched Brees the last few weeks and he's more dialed in than anyone.

Brady's first few weeks were as good as I've seen anyone play QB, but whether it was injuries or offensive personnel issues, he did slump.

Rodgers will, and maybe should, win. But strength of opponent will catch up to that team in the postseason. They'll get a rude awakening when they actually play a team that isn't horrendous against the pass.

Brady is the only superstar on the team. Welker is great, but I'm of the opinion that the system, and one of the best QBs of all time help to boost his performances.

Wilfork is good, but superstar? I'm not sure

Gronk has the best chance outside of Brady.

Well, if we're going to set the bar that high, how many superstars are there on the Packers?

the brady is a system QB one and that brady has 20 minutes to throw just arrived.

I wish everyone who said that would tell me 1) exactly what offensive system the Patriots run, 2) how it's changed over the years, and 3) how it's different than other offensive systems.

If they can't answer that maybe they can grasp the concept that BB did a much better job of training Matt Cassell than the Colts did Curtis Painter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes