PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady injured knee

I don't know who said jogging. Cause it doesn't seem to be a sports writer.
Reiss published it in the ESPNBoston Patriots blog

I guess those run option plays are out of the question.

No matter what our backup QB situation and how one plays in the preseason or in practice you don't know how a man will or will not step up until the weight is placed squarely upon their shoulders.

I'm blaming all the praying for Tebow to be the starting QB, Mallett in the first preseason game and then Brady on Tebow's birthday no less.....

I'll be at church this Sunday to attempt to conteract this situation.

I'm not religious and I have man love for Tom Brady and think he's the best to ever play the game ( and obviously would never want to see him injured ) but the wierdness that swirls around Tebow and certain dates and numbers is bizarre .

It's really Tebow's birthday and Brady tweaks a knee?

Better OL.

Better running game.....by a MILE.

The offensive line looks as good as it does because Brady has such incredible pocket awareness and a quick release. Mallett has Bledsoe-itis in the pocket.

Agreed that the run game is far better than it was then... but it doesn't exist in a vacuum, part of that has to do with Brady, too. Ridley and Vereen won't find it easy to run when teams are stacking the box because there's no threat from Mallett and a bunch of rookie receivers. Ridley isn't Adrian Peterson, and even Adrian Peterson couldn't carry the Vikings to the playoffs.

This injury is probably minor but anything with Brady is worth freaking out about as a Patriots fan.

Re: Re: Brady injured knee

I'm not religious and I have man love for Tom Brady and think he's the best to ever play the game ( and obviously would never want to see him injured ) but the wierdness that swirls around Tebow and certain dates and numbers is bizarre .

It's really Tebow's birthday and Brady tweaks a knee?

I was truthfully joking; BUT I do share your thoughts on the weirdness with this. I'm not overly religious either, I do like to believe in god but I'm teeter back and forth with it, but who knows man, has to be some higher cause, I just hope Brady missing time isn't something he/she/it wants. .

The offensive line looks as good as it does because Brady has such incredible pocket awareness and a quick release. Mallett has Bledsoe-itis in the pocket.

Agreed that the run game is far better than it was then... but it doesn't exist in a vacuum, part of that has to do with Brady, too. Ridley and Vereen won't find it easy to run when teams are stacking the box because there's no threat from Mallett and a bunch of rookie receivers. Ridley isn't Adrian Peterson, and even Adrian Peterson couldn't carry the Vikings to the playoffs.

This injury is probably minor but anything with Brady is worth freaking out about as a Patriots fan.

Which of the other teams in the AFC East is a threat to have a winning record?

Give me a break.

The Pats have a far better OL and running game than in 2008 and Mallett is a better prepared QB than Cassel was then.

Who in the AFC East is anywhere as good as they were in 2008? Nobody. With or without Brady, the Pats at least win the division in a cakewalk.

The hard part would be the playoffs.

I think what he means is that the Patriots would have no shot of winning the Super Bowl if Brady was done. Winning the Super Bowl, and not the division, is the whole point to the season for every team in the NFL, after all.

Can't decide if I feel better or worse having heard it was from having Solder knocked back into him.

On the one hand, having a heavy person roll into your leg isn't good.

On the other hand, having a no-contact injury is pretty scary.

I was truthfully joking; BUT I do share your thoughts on the weirdness with this. I'm not overly religious either, I do like to believe in god but I'm teeter back and forth with it, but who knows man, has to be some higher cause, I just hope Brady missing time isn't something he/she/it wants. .

If anything, Tebow is just your average jinx. I would think if a higher power favored Tebow, he/she/it would, you know, bless him with the ability to throw.

lets all wait until we hear more before we jump off the bridge please...

looks like he got hit in the shin with a helmet ... that smarts pretty good

I think what he means is that the Patriots would have no shot of winning the Super Bowl if Brady was done. Winning the Super Bowl, and not the division, is the whole point to the season for every team in the NFL, after all.

The key is making the playoffs.

Once you get into the tournament, anything can happen - - just ask the 2001 Pats, the 2012 Ravens or the 2011 Giants.

The problem with 2008 was that there was at least one other AFC East team capable of winning 11 games.

That's not the situation this year.

Just get to the tournament and hopefully Brady is better by then.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Brady injured knee

Yup, that would be his lefty :(

He does wear a brace which should go a long way in preventing or at least limiting structural damage.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back