PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady injured knee

Hmmm, well, I'm certainly glad this seems to have been so minor but I wonder if he could just sit this one out. THere's still a couple more preseason games after this one, after all.

The Bucs don't have much of a pass rush, so that may be why Brady and the team are okay with it.

Hmmm, well, I'm certainly glad this seems to have been so minor but I wonder if he could just sit this one out. THere's still a couple more preseason games after this one, after all.

If he plays I don't expect him to stay in any longer than he did in week 1. If he's fine I'd rather him continue to build momentum with the kids than try to bubble wrap him.

Normally I would agree with everyone who says Brady should sit this one out considering this is just preseason. However, I want him to get as much playing time with the new receivers in actual games as possible. I assume this is his thought process as well.

I still think Brady sits tomorrow and Ryan Mallet goes three quarters with Tebow doing mop up. The Third Preseason game is a tune up for the regular season anyway.

I am shocked that Brady was not wearing the brace in camp ... sure it must be annoying but come on Tom ... no brace ... really? Bill needs to speak to Giselle about this.

I am shocked that Brady was not wearing the brace in camp ... sure it must be annoying but come on Tom ... no brace ... really? Bill needs to speak to Giselle about this.

Surely you jest.... ask the supermodel to convince TB to wear an ugly-ass brace for practice??
:D

It kinda does matter. The body as it gets older is less flexible and just heals slower. Sure proper meticulous maintenance i.e. diet, exercise, supplements and rest helps, but his body is not what it was a few years ago.

Plus he is a pro athlete and the pressure and stress he puts on himself every year is just magnified. Thank God he is anal about his health and conditioning

:nono2: When it comes to a Brady injury all logic goes out the window...:Cry:

So what you're saying being true doesn't matter ;) I refuse to hold Brady resposible for anything negative, I plan to blame Tampa, Tebow, the mult, Giselle, Solder, the field, and anyone or anything else I can think of :rocker:

don't worry, he'll be wearing one today....

One thing I noticed at practice the other day, was that most of the lines players (both on offense and defense), wear a brace...

9511957901_899b522eea_b.jpg

9514743630_b8798feaa3_b.jpg

9511955861_75203d27a8_b.jpg

9511955717_0baccd92a4_b.jpg

9511957261_75bf2a806c_b.jpg

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 2m
Tom Brady out on the game field here at Gillette, playing catch with a kid from the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

I still think Brady sits tomorrow and Ryan Mallet goes three quarters with Tebow doing mop up. The Third Preseason game is a tune up for the regular season anyway.

Doubt it. If Brady is fit to play, he will play (and he should). BB and Schiano will probably have a "gentlemen's agreement" as to protecting QBs.

Given that this is a preseason game, I gotta believe that, if there's any significant doubt re: Brady's healthy, risk of aggravation, etc., then he won't play. If he does play, then he's good to go, and there's no point in keeping someone who's good to go on the shelf.

Needs to get these reps with the rookies and Amendola, so I think he will play a few series. Especially now that it seems the injury was just a knee bruise and not a knee sprain as initially reported.

I see a lot of people advocating for simply putting Brady on a limited pre-season schedule

Do they not realize that some believe it's the lack of practice time overall that is the reason for the rash of tendon and ligament injuries?

NFL Executive Blames CBA For Training camp injuries | SportsGrid

Excellent point Joe, but I think it goes both ways. What is considered worse, potentially putting him in harm's way in a meaningless preseason game that means nothing, or taking the chance that he hasn't gotten enough practice time?

It's a tough question to answer. In the end just about every production season starts with a healthy TC and preseason, so he has to see some decent action. The million dollar question is "how much" action should he see?

The only thing we can do is trust Belichick and Brady himself--although knowing Brady he'd want to take every single snap in all 4 games.

I see a lot of people advocating for simply putting Brady on a limited pre-season schedule

Do they not realize that some believe it's the lack of practice time overall that is the reason for the rash of tendon and ligament injuries?

NFL Executive Blames CBA For Training camp injuries | SportsGrid

The reason for Brady's injury was a large human being falling down on him while he was playing football, and not "the lack of practice time overall".

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back